Here is what it’s all about
The legal industry serving cannabis businesses is more relevant than ever. Clients require top-notch legal services that position their companies for long-term growth while ensuring state and local compliance. Lawyers need the tools to practice ethically and efficiently, and must stay apprised of the constantly shifting legal landscape to address issues both current and on the horizon. The industry as a whole deserves a solid legal footing that provides predictability, stability, and enduring success.
The Cannabis Law Institute, on July 28 – 29, 2017, in Denver, Colorado, presented by the National Cannabis Bar Association in conjunction with the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, is a one-of-a-kind intensive two-day course that will fortify your cannabis legal practice. From introductory material to courses designed for experienced attorneys that encounter difficult cannabis-related legal questions on a daily basis, this conference will provide a framework for approaching common legal issues as well as access to a network that will facilitate tackling even the most difficult topics.
We have a packed dual-track schedule, with 16 panels and four keynote speakers, addressing, among many other topics:
- The U.S. federal/state dichotomy.
- Cross-border opportunities and challenges.
- Tax law.
- Intellectual property.
- Business litigation.
- Deals, mergers and acquisitions.
Our incredible faculty includes some of the most well-know attorneys in the cannabis space, including, among many others:
- Tick Segerblom, Nevada State Senator
- Matt Houtsma, Office of Chief Counsel, IRS.
- John Vardaman, formerly with the DOJ and co-author of the Cole Memo.
- Chloe Grossman, Council on Responsible Cannabis Regulation.
- Sam Kamin, Vicente Sederberg Professor of Marijuana Law and Policy at University of Denver.
And because, as this industry moves forward, collaboration with our neighbors from the north will become an integral part of legal practice, the Cannabis Law Institute is proud to present unparalleled content from Canadian lawyers, including:
- Sherri Altshuler of Aird & Berlis, LLP.
- Ranjeev Dhillon of Bennett Jones.
- Afzal Hazan of Canna Royalty.
- Leonard Glickman of Cassels Broch & Blackwell LLP.
- Mark Zekulin of Canopy Growth.
- Jason Moscovici of ROBIC.
Space is limited and seats are filling up fast. Don’t miss this chance to tap into a national network of the best legal minds in cannabis – reserve your spot today. For more information about our programming, please see the NCBA website and register here now!
*Founding lifetime members, please contact email@example.com for more information about your registration details.