Loop TT Reports
Prime Minister Gaston Browne announced via Facebook that the council came into force pursuant to the Cannabis Act, 2018.
The Antigua and Barbuda Medicinal Cannabis Authority is responsible for regulating and controlling the licensing of the cultivation, manufacture, processing, extraction, import, export, testing, research, distribution, and sale of medicinal cannabis and cannabis for sacramental purposes.
He said applications made to the Board of the Medicinal Cannabis Authority must be in the prescribed form outlined in the Cannabis Regulations, 2019 and submitted via scanned electronic copy emailed to ABMedicinalCannabisAuthority@gmail.com and submitted in hard copy to the Secretary of the Board at the Ministry of Legal Affairs, Government Complex, Parliament Drive.
Application forms for licences may be obtained from the Government Printery for a fee of $10.00XCD per form.
Appointed members of the Cannabis Authority are:
1. Solicitor General – Mr. Martin Camacho, Chairperson
2. Comptroller of Customs – Mr. Raju Boddu, Deputy Chairperson
3. Chief Medical Officer – Dr. Rhonda Sealey-Thomas
4. Director of Analytical Services – Dr. Linroy Christian
5. Representative of the Rastafarian Community – Mr. Franki Francis
6. Representative from the Substance Abuse Prevention Unit – Mrs. Feona Charles-Richards
7. Deputy Commissioner of Police – Mr. Albert Wade
8. Representative of the Pharmacy Council – Mr. Algernon Roberts
9. Director of Agriculture – Mr. Jeddidiah Maxime
10. Crown Counsel – Ms. Jeniece St. Romain, Secretary