Brief info on CBD, hemp & cannabis and health benefits of CBD
Cannabis, Hemp, and CBD have close connections in between. Although some specific variants of cannabis, e.g., cannabis, Sativa have been used in industrial hemp cultivation, the other two variants usually have legal controversies.
In many countries, the CBD is the main ingredient in multiple products, with the assurance of maintaining THC level to the permitted level of less than 0.3% to 0.2%.
What is cannabidiol, and what is the connection between Hemp & cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol and Hemp, both are found in cannabis Sativa species. Hemp is a strain of the plant species, whereas CBD is derived from Hemp. None of cannabidiol and Hemp is psychoactive like THC. So, neither Hemp nor cannabidiol results in a high. Both of them are available in different forms.
What are the differences between Hemp and cannabis?
Both Hemp and cannabis contain THC. However, industrial Hemp possesses around 0.2 to 0.3 % THC or tetra hydro cannabinol. THC is responsible for the psychoactive effect or the high. Those who have used THC containing products have the experience. Cannabis is found in three different species, e.g., Indica, Sativa, and Ruderalis.
Cannabidiol is a derivative of Hemp or the cannabis Sativa species. So, cannabidiol and cannabis are not the same. Cannabis can be similar to Hemp or can be different from other species, e.g., Indica, and Ruderalis. CBD is thus different from cannabis.
Studies have found the health benefits of CBD, and as CBD does not give a high, it has gained massive popularity among the users of cannabidiol. In recent times, the product has grabbed the natural therapeutic market in skyrocketing speed.
Cannabidiol with a negligible amount of THC(Less than 0.2%) has several health benefits like:
- Regular use of cannabidiol helps in preventing diabetes and obesity.
- According to study and research, it initiates better health by reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps to maintain brain health and prevent degeneration that occurs with the aging of the brain. Cannabidiol helps to protect against bone disease and breaking bones.
- CBD has an anti-inflammatory property, and it has been found in many studies.
- It acts as a protector for the skin and acts as a healing ingredient for the skin.
- According to different studies on cannabidiol effects, it is beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress.
- It has also been found that this cannabidiol is successful in preventing tumors and cancers.
With so many health benefits of cannabidiol, it became one of the key ingredients in many dietary supplements. The Hemp, on the other hand, is used for industrial and commercial purposes. It finds uses in making rope, clothing, textiles, food, paper, bio-plastics, insulation, etc.
However, cannabis varieties with high THC content are mostly used for personal recreational purposes and are illegal in most of the countries. The reason behind this is nothing but a higher % of THC gives a high to the users.
With so many benefits in human health, it can be said that CBD is going to rule the medical and therapeutic markets soon.