ATAI is a Berlin, New York, and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Employment type: full-time
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech platform
- Become part of an unparalleled effort towards developing and commercializing paradigm-shifting treatments in the mental health space
- Work on improving the lives of millions of people with a real unmet need
- Experience an open, and transparent start-up culture with a clear focus on execution and results
- Shape and grow a new business within ATAI
- Work on ATAI’s top priorities and determine how best to tackle solving the company’s biggest opportunities and most challenging problems.
- Structure, launch, and drive your workstreams by developing hypotheses, translating these hypotheses into work plans, conducting analysis including financial models, analyzing market / competitive trends, business drivers and operating metrics, crafting insights and pushing the thinking, and developing recommendations
- Prepare presentations and communicate findings to the leadership team and the whole ATAI team
- Work with cross-functional teams to align on recommendations, investment and execution needs and put these into action
- Evaluate and develop new investment opportunities including Assessment of pre-clinical and clinical data packages from our acquisitions pipeline
- Enable fundraising and structuring equity investments, including new company formation
- Develop a strategy to gain access to new scientific knowledge, emerging technologies and products to identify key areas for innovation with breakthrough potential in psychiatry and Mental Health space
- Establish multidisciplinary collaboration and strategic alliances with external parties
- Manage operations and communication between associates & lead effectively
- Build & keep ATAI’s eNPV models of platform companies up to date
- You graduated from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record in a business or MINT/STEM
- You have 3-5 years of working experience in a top-tier consulting firm in biotech, pharma or business industries
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German skills are a plus
- You are capable of handling data from diverse sources in Excel, Tableau or similar
- You are passionate about creating spot-on analyses and strong recommendations for the C-Level
- You have a strong track record in leading cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- You proactively learn and are curious about scientific knowledge
- You are highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- You are willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
- You proactively seek out collaboration with other team members and are willing to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
How to apply
us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, certificates, and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with a valid German work permit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.