After the state’s vote on women’s rights and abortion last week here at CLR we really don’t see that something as dangerous as medical cannabis is actually going to make any progress in the state. Bama politics write, “Alabama Medical Marijuana Bill Could Die At The Hands of Rep. Paul Lee”Read More
Ganjapreneur report. “Recently introduced legislation to legalize adult-use cannabis in Delaware contains much of the same language as the state’s failed attempt from last year — this time, however, the proposal lacks home-grow provisions, which may make it easier to accept for certain lawmakers.” We’d say there’s something fundamentally wrong if the only legislation that gets through forces you to buy into a system where the market is controlled by others.Read More
By the same people who brought you the NCBA. We’ll be interested to see if this USA centric outfit will create something international. And, no, we suggest a few Canadian attorneys doth not an international organization make. We fear it’ll be like our favourite US international sports competition, “The World Series” which seems for the past century only to have featured US baseball teams.Read More
Cannabis retailer Nectar is being sued for $4 million by a Aloha cannabis shop it agreed to purchase but allegedly neglected to pay for. Says the Portland MercuryRead More
This seems to be the week that after all the excitement most are putting back any serious decisions to 2020.Read More
Please see their Lab Testing and Product Integrity Adopted: April 22, 2019.Read More
A push to create a legal market for marijuana has stalled in a House committee and with the legislative session slated to end this week, House leadership and other lawmakers have signaled that the bill — for this year, at least — is dead. Reports the VT DiggerRead More
Thanks to the Oregon Cannabis Retailers Association for bringing this to our attention. It’s a big step but the next big question is who will be buying it and will new rules or legislation be needed at the other end to do so. For example ; can Oregon export to Canada to plug the supply gap ? We presume that’s a big ask until the UN move on their scheduling. And there is this …”Before it would allow exports to occur, the bill requires an indication from the federal government that interstate commercial cannabis transactions won’t be prosecuted under federal law.”Read More
First It Was Washington, Then California, Then NJ Ahead Of Legislation & Now Over 350 Michigan Communities “Ban” Regulated Cannabis Retail
The Detroit Metro Times reports that so far, at least 386 communities, or about a quarter of all of Michigan’s cities, villages, and townships have adopted ordinances banning the businesses, according to data from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. And apparently that’s just the start. In NJ figures got up to 50% so we won’t be surprised to see more on the way.Read More
We must say, here at CLR we were hopeful but not overly confident that New Jersey & New York’s race to a regulated cannabis market would happen in 2019. Now a New York Times reports and whisperings from Albany suggest that like New Jersey, New York will have to wait for the world’s largest cannabis market (by city) to be resuscitated by governmentRead More
If you need an overview of what’s happening in Nevada this is the read..Read More
“We are a bipartisan group of state and territorial attorneys general who recognize that the states, territories and federal government share a strong interest in protecting public safety and bringing grey market financial activities into the regulated banking sector. To address these goals, we urge Congress to advance legislation that would allow states and territories that have legalized certain use of marijuana to bring that commerce into the banking system.”Read More
Document: Examination of Marks for Cannabis and Cannabis-Related Goods and Services after Enactment of the 2018 Farm Bill May 2, 2019
Introduction: Use of a mark in commerce must be lawful under federal law to be the basis for federal registration under the U.S. Trademark Act. See generally Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP) §907. The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) refuses to register marks for goods and/or services that show a clear violation of federal law, regardless of the legality of the activities under state law. A determination of whether commerce involving cannabis and cannabis-related goods and services is lawful requires consultation of several different federal laws, including the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. §§801 et seq., the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. §§301 et seq., and the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Pub. L. 115-334 (the 2018 Farm Bill), which amends the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 (AMA). The USPTO issues this examination guide to clarify the procedure for examining marks for cannabis and cannabis-derived goods and for services involving cannabis and cannabis production following the 2018 Farm Bill.Read More
Our nominations are open for this year’s election to the Cannabis Bar Association’s Board of Directors. We have six seats up for reelection this year, and we are always looking for the right people to help us move the Association forward. Are you that person?Read More
May 7, 2019 Liht Cannabis Corp has announced that it has filed a counterclaim in the British Columbia Supreme Court against Veritas Pharma Inc. alleging, among other things, that the Company and Veritas entered into a loan agreement (the “Agreement”) for repayment of a loan.Read More
NZ Govt Press Release On Cannabis Referendum “New Zealanders to make the decision in cannabis referendum”
“There will be a clear choice for New Zealanders in a referendum at the 2020 General Election. Cabinet has agreed there will be a simple Yes/No question on the basis of a draft piece of legislation.Read More
Another slightly cringeworthy post from a official body using the word “cool” and the phrase “Harsh Your Mellow”. But the message is, don’t do it until there is federal legislation in play.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Snag These Premium Bang & Olufsen Headphones for Nearly Half Off
Bang & Olufsen's H4 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones are the premium wireless audio experience you've been waiting for. […]
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Believe They Are Unstoppable
Josh York, CEO of Gymguyz, talks about his rise from being a broke 20-something to franchising 265 gyms nationwide. […]
- 4 Instagram Best Practices for Increasing Sales
Users are shifting from editorial to visual content, which demands a completely new set of best practices for social media marketing. […]
- These Presentation Templates Can Help You Make a Better Impression
ShapeSlide's 40-in-1 Presentation Bundle makes every presentation a snap. […]
- How to Calculate Gross Profit
Know whether your business is making money. […]
NACB Latest News
- NACB Passes Leading Lab Testing & Product Integrity Standard
New York - The NACB is proud to announce the adoption of its National Standards on Laboratory Testing and Product Integrity. These standards are designed to protect consumers and demonstrate to […]
- Indicas and Sativas...Oh My! What's the Difference?
Chances are good that when you venture into a cannabis dispensary and talk to a patient care specialist, you will be eventually be posed with the classic question: “Are you looking for an […]
- Cannabis Employment Symposium Hosted in LA
On March 28, 2019 the NACB and Vangst are teaming up to hold an all-day exclusive Symposium on Cannabis Employment - the event is taking place at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. This […]
- Cannabis: What’s Trust Got To Do With It?
At the NACB, we like to say we’re the most trusted credential in cannabis. We’ve made trust our currency because in today’s world of unlimited products, services and experiences, […]
- We Love Our Members, We Also Love Discounts
We are thrilled to announce that the NACB has partnered with botaniCo to provide NACB members with FREE access to their business discount program.&nbs […]
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Garvin v. Cook Investments II
No. 18-35119 (9th Cir. 2019)A plan funded with proceeds from cannabis operations may be approved by a bankruptcy court because the plan's funding […]
The Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo) is seeking experienced and knowledgeable speakers to present educational seminars, workshops, and panels at our events in New York, Los Angeles and Boston.May 28 @ 8:00 am - June 1 @ 5:00 pm EDT
The Cannabis World Congress & Business Exposition (CWCBExpo) will deliver on the hottest cannabis related opportunities in New York City from May 29th – June 1st.May 29 @ 8:00 am - June 1 @ 5:00 pm EDT
- June 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0
- June 12 - June 14
- June 12 @ 8:00 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm EDT
This is the man who'll apply the coup de grace to medical cannabis in Alabama https://t.co/gRGpAkekTfLoad More...
This is the man who'll apply the coup de grace to medical cannabis in Alabama https://t.co/gRGpAkekTf
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Update on the African Cannabis Market; Alabama Makes Medical Cannabis...
- HempWood Facility Coming to Kentucky; Harvard and MIT To Study Health...
- How Risk Management Can Make Marijuana Businesses Bulletproof
- Preparing for Increased M&A Activity in the US Hemp Industry
- Implications and Ramifications of the Hemp Seizures in Idaho and...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Aurora Cannabis Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of...
- 48North Approved to Open One of the World’s Largest Licensed...
- CannTrust Reports Financial Results for Q1 2019
- Columbia Care Reports First Quarter 2019, Fourth Quarter and Full...
- Green Growth Brands Completes C$61.2 Million Financing Led By...
Green Market Report
- Origin House Announces Unaudited Revenues of $11 Million
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money May 17, 2019
- The Daily Hit: May 16, 2019
- SOL Global To Acquire Northern Emeralds For $120 Million
- Supreme Cannabis Buys Blissco In A Deal Valued at C$48 Million
- The Daily Hit: May 15, 2019
- Losses Decline in The Green Organic Dutchman’s Q1 Results
- Illinois’ Cannabis Rules Dissected at the Green Market Summit
- CNBC’s Tim Seymour Goes One On One With SLANG’s CEO Peter Miller
- Top MMJ Influencers sign Affiliate Education Agreements with Navigator Genomics™ Testing
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands