“In its quest to usher in a new world of legal profit where the global weed trade is no longer controlled by drug traffickers, the rapidly growing American cannabis industry is using a very old strategy: showering lobbyists with money and unleashing them on Congress.Read More
Category: Heather Allman – Medical Cannabis (USA)
My last few articles have tried to explain and clarify our complicated vertical integration problem here in Florida. On August 21, 2019, author Will Keaton succinctly and clearly presented the vertical integration facts and draws some practical parallels between the cannabis industry models and the models of other recognizable public companies, so let’s recap……..Read More
Although cannabis remains federally illegal, as a medical or recreational user of cannabis, you still have rights when it comes to your personal healthcare, law enforcement encounters, your employment, your housing, transportation, and your individual privacy.Read More
Heather writes, “As discussed in Part 9, the bottom line is that: physicians-in-training are not prepared to prescribe medical marijuana.”Read More
Through late July, the 2019 Cannabis Crusade saw daily cannabis-related news and a literal state of medical marijuana commotion. A timeline of Florida’s battle for solid ground has been outlined in depth throughout my previous articles.Read More
In spite of marijuana’s federal illegality, our Florida state medical marijuana program seeds are quite possibly on the verge of fully blossoming.Read More
An imaginary dotted line on a map prevents U.S. patients in a non-medical marijuana use state from purchasing or using cannabis medication obtained in the neighboring medical marijuana “border state.”Read More
Considering our current armed service use restrictions and the lack of legal tax and employment considerations for marijuana use, like the nation, Florida is not quite “there” yet.Read More
Cannabis must be re-scheduled or de-scheduled for true advancement to occur.Read More
While fast-tracking the smokable delivery route, Florida has been slow to make finalized rules to implement an edible delivery route registry change, so products currently remain unveiled.Read More
While 2016 saw the overwhelming passage of Amendment 2 in Florida, the new Medical Marijuana law left in detrimental language and regulations requiring a 90-day waiting period and a 45-day cannabis order limit.Read More
Even with the recent push for adult recreational use, Medical Marijuana remains in the foreground and legal users now have representation infiltrated throughout local, state and national government.Read More
This is part 2 of a series of 10 articles we are publishing by Heather Allman on Florida’s Medical Cannabis Landscape.Read More
CLR is pleased to announce we have a new correspondent reporting regularly from the front lines in Florida. We rarely see informed and investigative articles either from the Florida press, or law firms, so we’re very pleased indeed to have Heather onboard to guide us through the complexities of what’s happening in the state. In this, her first article for CLR, she highlights for us who’s who and what’s what with regard to medical cannabis in the state. If you intend to work in Florida we’d suggest her work is a must read to start understanding what’s happening there. She writes, “For those of you in the dark about Florida’s Medical Marijuana Program, I will be lighting up the dim corners of Florida: The Nation’s Fastest-Growing Medical Marijuana Market, according to The Miami New Times on May 2, 2019.”Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Senate Will Decide Marijuana Banking Bill
Could this marijuana banking bill finally allow businesses access to cannabis financial services? Here's what happens next in the marijuana banking debate. The post Senate Will Decide Marijuana […]
- Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, Social Alternative for Cannabis Users
Mood33 offers cannabis users healthy cannabis-infused beverages with no "fillers" or synthetic ingredients. Discover Mood33 cannabis tonics now! The post Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, […]
- Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company Offers Healthy CBD Products That Promote Wellness
Founded by a cancer survivor, Sugar and Kush offer CBD products ready to eat, cook with & more. Discover how Sugar & Kush CBD Oil can help you! The post Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company […]
- CannaBus Culture Film Festival Headed For Miami, Seattle and Portland
The CannaBus Culture Film Festival hopes to enlighten and educate people about what the cannabis community can be or what it actually is. Learn more now! The post CannaBus Culture Film Festival […]
- Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana For Medical Reasons Than For Recreation
Using marijuana for medical reasons is more than double that of recreational users according to a new study. Here's the research & why it matters! The post Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana […]
- Black Market Weed Is Still Popular In Some States, But It's Also Very Dangerous
If you want to stay safe when using cannabis, then stay out of the black market.
- Roz McCarthy Shares What Inspired Her To Seek Diversity In The Cannabis Industry
One of the most influential people in the cannabis market shares how her nonprofit is diversifying leadership within the industry.
- Why The Cannabis Industry Is Urging For A Regulated Market
To help keep illicit products off the market, the industry is pleading for federal regulation for better control and testing.
- Efforts Intensify To Battle Corruption Involving Local Government Officials And Cannabis Industry
States are taking action against government officials involved in bribery and extortion.
- Should I Give Marijuana Products To My Dog?
Whether it's for anxiety, health reasons or something else, some people are giving pets CBD, but is it safe?
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Schmitt et al. v. LaRose
No. 19-3196 (6th Cir. 2019)A decision by an Ohio county board of elections to reject ballot initiatives regarding certain marijuana decriminalization […]
- Chance v. Kraft Heinz Food Company
CA No. K18C-01-056 (Del. Super. Ct. 2018)Delaware’s Medical Marijuana Act (DMMA) does not require employers to participate in an activity made […]
- State v. Jones (Jones II)
No. CR-18-0370-PR (Ariz. 2019)Under Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), the definition of ‘marijuana’ includes resin, and by […]
- Whitmire v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
359 F. Supp. 3d 761 (D. Ariz 2019)The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) creates a private cause of action for employees who are medical marijuana […]
- Sias et al. v. Vigil
D-101-CV-2019-61967 (N.M. Dist. 2019)New Mexico’s medical cannabis program cannot deny registry identification cards to non-residents, since […]
- October 21
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypkLoad More...
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Neptune Signs an Extraction Agreement in the U.S. and Expands U.S....
- Cresco Labs Receives Adult-Use Approval for All Five Existing...
- SOL Global Shareholders Approve Name Change to “Bluma Wellness”...
- THC BioMed Submits Application to Add Sales of Edibles, Topicals and...
- HempFusion Launches Innovative Full Spectrum CBD Twist Products
Green Market Report
- Dionymed Implodes As CEO, COO Resign, Creditor Demands $24 Million
- Shryne Group Is All In For Stiiizy
- Capital Raises: Holistic Industries, CBD Unlimited
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2019
- Valens GroWorks Reports Solid Earnings In Third Quarter
- The Daily Hit: October 15, 2019
- Canopy Growth Sells AusCann, Closes Beckley Acquisition
- Flowhub Snags $23 Million, Including An Investment From Kraft Heinz
- Aphria Stock Pops On Solid First Quarter Earnings
- Fan Owned Legion M Brings Back Jay And Silent Bob
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands