Officials are drawing up legislation to be unveiled later this year, which will detail the type of cannabis to be supplied and the taxation levels.Read More
Category: Mark Taylor UK / EU Cannabis Compliance Blog
As you may have already read, It was announced in January 2019 that the European Food Safety Association, EFSA is about to make a decision in order to classify CBD oil and other CBD products as a novel food. This decision was announced at the Novel Food Commission meeting which was held in Brussels in 2016. This led to a final imminent decision very soon and EFSA considered CBD products as Novel Food.Read More
Article – Faegre Baker Daniels: Key Considerations for U.K. Investment in the Legal Cannabis Industry Abroad
U.K. investors in cannabis-related entities, where the activity is legal in its jurisdiction but not legal in the U.K., risk committing money laundering offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA). However –Read More
Brian Cusack Managing Director of Dr. Hemp Me, writes, “The issue of legalisation of cannabis and its derived products has been under discussion for decades in Italy. However, with each passing year, the legal status of cannabis and CBD products only gets murkier.”Read More
France is searching for patients to take part in an official medical cannabis trial, but users will not be smoking the drug. The two-year experiment is being overseen by the French Agency for Drug Safety (ANSM), which drew up a 13-name committee to explore the possibilities of reform in one of Europe’s largest markets in December 2018.Read More
“The cannabidiol-based treatment Epidiolex has won a positive recommendation for marketing approval from a European Medicines Agency (EMA) panel for use as an additional treatment for two types of seizures.” Writes The European Pharmaceutical Review.Read More
Brian Cusack writes, “The use of cannabis for commercial purposes is illegal in Spain. It is considered a criminal offence. But cannabis can be cultivated and used personally. Any purpose other than the trade or sale of cannabis was decriminalised. This grey area led to the formation of cannabis clubs and user associations. These clubs and associations were formed as non-profit organisations and sold cannabis to its members.”Read More
UK: The Centre for Medicinal Cannabis (CMC) – Report “CBD in the UK: Towards a responsible, innovative and high-quality cannabidiol industry”
Authored by Blair Gibbs Dr Andrew Yates Jon Liebling and published June 2019, “Pure CBD is legal in the United Kingdom and is not classed as a controlled substance. However the CBD industry is engaged with a product that can
(and often does) touch on what is permissible under the criminal law, as a result of other elements within the same product.”
Two European courts make THC rulings that preserve the status quo, for the moment anyway.Read More
July 18 marks the first anniversary of the Portuguese medical cannabis law. Law 33/2018 set the framework for the regulation of the use of cannabis-based medicinal products, preparations and substances that would effectively allow Portuguese patients to access medical cannabis What really has changed during the last year? Very little happened in practice, but a lot changed in the regulatory setting – or, at least, that setting is now much clearer.Read More
A group of leading French economists have recommended full legalisation of cannabis.Read More
The Netherlands’ on-off love affair with cannabis has taken another twist as three of its largest cities have backed out of a government experiment to end the legal grey areas that exist around the country’s famous coffeeshops. The weed experiment, or , would allow 10 licensed producers to legally grow and distribute cannabis to Netherlands coffeeshops, which would then sell and serve their customers without fear of sanction.Read More
Italy’s top court has banned the sale of cannabis products, on the heels of threats by the country’s deputy prime minister to close shops who sell legal derivatives of the plant.Read More
Bulgaria has become the first European Union state to officially allow a CBD distribution company to sell openly on the market. Kannaway, a subsidiary of Medical Marijuana Inc, said it has been issued with a Free Sale Certificate to produce hemp-derived CBD products from Bulgaria’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, and the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency.Read More
“From today, I’ll go to war on cannabis street by street, shop by shop, neighbourhood by neighbourhood, city by city,” Salvini said on Wednesday, May 8.Salvini, who leads the ruling far-right Lega party, said the war on drugs was “a new national emergency”, and has demanded the government close “these places of mass miseducation”.Read More
The Belgian government has announced plans to launch a dedicated ‘Belgian Cannabisbureau’ to oversee the local production of cannabis.Read More
Two Canadian firms, Aphria and Aurora Cannabis and Germany’s Demecan have won out, it has emerged.Read More
Five companies have applied to Denmark’s government for licenses to sell and export medicinal cannabis. The country is a quarter of the way through a four-year medicinal cannabis trial, but some of the usual suspects are not waiting for the outcome to slow down their Danish strategy in what is emerging as a key market.Read More
The European Union is set to increase the permitted THC levels in legal cannabis products from 0.2 percent to 0.3 percent.Lawmakers in the European Parliament’s Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development made the decision as part of a set of proposals for post-2020 reforms.Read More
UK’s First Ever Medicinal Cannabis and Cannabinoids Trade Show to Convene 12th-13th July, ExCeL, London
And our . very own Mark Taylor will be acting as a moderator so do get along. And not only that as a CLR reader you can do this as well. “To register for complimentary passes please visit http://europecbdexpo.co.uk/tickets/ and use code ‘VisitECE’ at the checkout.”Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Half-Baked: Edibles, Beverages and New Cannabis Products to Be Legalized and Regulated in 2019
- Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- Cannabis: Legal Age and Public Places – the Consultations Are Over
- New Cannabis Products: Changes Are Coming to the Federal Legal Framework in 2019
Cannabis Operating Plan Templates
- 5 Best Practices for Retail Staffing in Cannabis
Finding the right employees to elevate your business can be a challenge.
- Here's How to Reduce the Cost of Cannabis for Consumers
Consumers could be saving money while cultivators extract higher profits.
- New Study: Adult-Use Cannabis Availability Reduces Opioid Deaths
A study found that opioid deaths were reduced by more than 20% in areas with legal cannabis.
- How to Become a Cannabis Entrepreneur in Europe
Looking for a new business opportunities in the space? Consider opening up shop across the pond.
- Barneys Department Store Is Betting on the Luxury World of Weed
Inside Barneys' posh cannabis store, The High End.
NACB Latest News
- NACB Passes Leading Lab Testing & Product Integrity Standard
New York - The NACB is proud to announce the adoption of its National Standards on Laboratory Testing and Product Integrity. These standards are designed to protect consumers and demonstrate to […]
- Indicas and Sativas...Oh My! What's the Difference?
Chances are good that when you venture into a cannabis dispensary and talk to a patient care specialist, you will be eventually be posed with the classic question: “Are you looking for an […]
- Cannabis Employment Symposium Hosted in LA
On March 28, 2019 the NACB and Vangst are teaming up to hold an all-day exclusive Symposium on Cannabis Employment - the event is taking place at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. This […]
- Cannabis: What’s Trust Got To Do With It?
At the NACB, we like to say we’re the most trusted credential in cannabis. We’ve made trust our currency because in today’s world of unlimited products, services and experiences, […]
- We Love Our Members, We Also Love Discounts
We are thrilled to announce that the NACB has partnered with botaniCo to provide NACB members with FREE access to their business discount program.&nbs
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Hansen v. U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
911 F.3d 1362 (Fed. Cir. 2018)Employee was properly dismissed from his position after a positive drug test because the Department of Homeland […]
- Horn v. Medical Marijuana, Inc.
15-701 (W.D.N.Y. 2019)CBD byproduct from the extraction process is essentially a resin extracted from cannabis, which in 2012 fell within the […]
- Sena v. New Mexico Dept. of Health
No. D-101-CV-2016-01971 (N.M. Dist. 2018)The purpose of the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act is to assure medical cannabis patients in New Mexico […]
- Eplee v. City of Lansing
2019 Mich. App. LEXIS 1320 (Mich. Ct. App. 2019)A company is not required to change its drug policy to allow a medical marijuana patient to […]
- Llamas v. Titus
No. 2018-0516 (Del. Ch. 2019)Following the death of his co-member, the remaining member and manager of a cannabis company, amended an operating […]
- September 4 @ 8:00 am - September 6 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 - October 3
- October 1 @ 8:00 am - October 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 @ 2:00 pm - October 3 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
The Marijuana Times Says Illegal Cannabis Oil Sales Are Linked To National Outbreak of Lung Damage https://t.co/4Tu1Ml4umgLoad More...
The Marijuana Times Says Illegal Cannabis Oil Sales Are Linked To National Outbreak of Lung Damage https://t.co/4Tu1Ml4umg
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- MedMen Launches Delivery Services Across California
- Auxly Enters Into a 300 Acre Hemp Cultivation and Purchase Agreement...
- PharmaCielo’s Very First Commercial CBD Export from Colombia Lands...
- Curaleaf Completes Acquisition of Glendale Greenhouse
- Halo Announces Partnership with ilo to Sell CBD Products Utilizing...
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: August 19, 2019
- Executive Spotlight: Socrates Rosenfeld, Co-Founder & CEO of Jane Technologies
- CannTrust Says Cease Trade Order Approved
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money August 16, 2019
- The Daily Hit: August 15, 2019
- Trulieve Posts Strong Numbers in Second Quarter Financial Results
- Executive Spotlight: Leslie Ann Andrachuk Co-founder & CEO of Alpha Woman
- Harvest Health Posts Q2 Financial Results, Revenue Jumps 39%
- Money Moves From Aurora Cannabis, Green Growth Brands
- Canopy Growth Stock Falls On Earnings News
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands