Canopy Growth’s pharmaceutical division, Spectrum Therapeutics, has been granted a license to import bulk medical cannabis into the United Kingdom, the UK Financial Times has reported.Read More
Category: Mark Taylor UK / EU Cannabis Compliance Blog
The KK2020 campaign is driven by more than 200 activists in the country and about 20 small businesses support it. In particular, it organized pre-election interviews in the 2019 elections, with candidates in parliament.Read More
Lab tests from the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis (CMC) in June found that 62 per cent of the UK high street products studied didn’t contain the CBD content promised on the label. One product (retailing for £90) had no measurable amount of the non-toxic cannabis compound at all.Read More
“Government will be insisting on some principles, including a minimum legal age of 21, absolute prohibition [to smoke] in public places, as well as a user registration platform that protects users from criminal action and which controls dispensing,” Julia Farrugia Portelli, the parliamentary secretary piloting the reform told MaltaToday.Read More
The cannabis involved in the Netherlands’ regulated cultivation experiment will be sold in “unattractive” and plain packaging. This is to make sure that people “who weren’t planning” to use cannabis aren’t tempted into trying it by interesting wrappers, NRC reports based on a proposal that contains the rules for the experiment. Reports the NL Times.Read More
We thought you might enjoy the thought and also the interesting potted recent cultural history of cannabis in GreeceRead More
Marco Toni of Loyens & Loeff writes, ” According to the current regulatory set-up in Switzerland, it is permissible to sell and purchase cannabis products, as long as the THC level remains below 1%. As a consequence, the industry currently shows a specific interest in CBD products, i.e. cannabis products containing a low THC, but high cannabidiol level. The regulatory framework applicable to CBD products has to be determined by allocating the relevant products either to a specific product category, such as medical products, ingestible products, utility products (incl. cosmetics) or tobacco products (incl. tobacco substitutes), or to a catch-all group of non-categorised products.”Read More
Some of the latest cannabis and hemp updates from EuropeRead More
Media Report Reveals German Govt Received Just Over 13 Million Euros Tax Revenue For Medicianl Cannabis In 2018
According to a media report , the German government took almost 13.3 million euros in tax revenues with medicinal cannabis in 2018. These data are based on an extrapolation of the top pharmacist association. In total, 83 million euros were grossed last year with cannabis medicines. Says a report by LeaflyRead More
Do we sense a pattern? In the US state by state cannabis is being regulated whilst DC dithers. In Europe we see a similar patter emerging with the smaller jurisdictions taking a more proactive view of regulated cannabis. Isle of Man, Malta, Luxembourg & Jersey are some examples. And now politicians in big cities are actively looking at ways to decriminalize cannabis. Yesterday we reported on Siobhan Benita, the Lib Dem candidate for next year’s mayoral election in London. Today Grizzle report on developments in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.Read More
UK: Lib Dem Candidate For London Mayoral Race 2020 Says Legalize Cannabis, Reduce Crime Create Better Health Outcomes
The Guardian has reported, “Siobhan Benita, the Lib Dem candidate for next year’s election, said the idea of legalising the drug was “no longer controversial” and the serious crime in the capital meant it was the right place for the idea to be trialled.”Read More
Nearly 50 per cent of people living in Scotland support the legalisation of cannabis, a poll for The Times found.Read More
Reforms to the Netherland’s opaque cannabis laws are finally underway after an agreement was struck on a four-year trial to provide cafes with a legal and regulated supply of product.Read More
Cannabis treatments are too expensive and do not come with enough test evidence to be effective, UK authorities have said. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) reviewed evidence for the benefits and costs of cannabis-based medicinal products and drew up guidance for health professionals and the public.Read More
Officials are drawing up legislation to be unveiled later this year, which will detail the type of cannabis to be supplied and the taxation levels.Read More
As you may have already read, It was announced in January 2019 that the European Food Safety Association, EFSA is about to make a decision in order to classify CBD oil and other CBD products as a novel food. This decision was announced at the Novel Food Commission meeting which was held in Brussels in 2016. This led to a final imminent decision very soon and EFSA considered CBD products as Novel Food.Read More
Article – Faegre Baker Daniels: Key Considerations for U.K. Investment in the Legal Cannabis Industry Abroad
U.K. investors in cannabis-related entities, where the activity is legal in its jurisdiction but not legal in the U.K., risk committing money laundering offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA). However –Read More
Brian Cusack Managing Director of Dr. Hemp Me, writes, “The issue of legalisation of cannabis and its derived products has been under discussion for decades in Italy. However, with each passing year, the legal status of cannabis and CBD products only gets murkier.”Read More
France is searching for patients to take part in an official medical cannabis trial, but users will not be smoking the drug. The two-year experiment is being overseen by the French Agency for Drug Safety (ANSM), which drew up a 13-name committee to explore the possibilities of reform in one of Europe’s largest markets in December 2018.Read More
“The cannabidiol-based treatment Epidiolex has won a positive recommendation for marketing approval from a European Medicines Agency (EMA) panel for use as an additional treatment for two types of seizures.” Writes The European Pharmaceutical Review.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Senate Will Decide Marijuana Banking Bill
Could this marijuana banking bill finally allow businesses access to cannabis financial services? Here's what happens next in the marijuana banking debate. The post Senate Will Decide Marijuana […]
- Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, Social Alternative for Cannabis Users
Mood33 offers cannabis users healthy cannabis-infused beverages with no "fillers" or synthetic ingredients. Discover Mood33 cannabis tonics now! The post Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, […]
- Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company Offers Healthy CBD Products That Promote Wellness
Founded by a cancer survivor, Sugar and Kush offer CBD products ready to eat, cook with & more. Discover how Sugar & Kush CBD Oil can help you! The post Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company […]
- CannaBus Culture Film Festival Headed For Miami, Seattle and Portland
The CannaBus Culture Film Festival hopes to enlighten and educate people about what the cannabis community can be or what it actually is. Learn more now! The post CannaBus Culture Film Festival […]
- Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana For Medical Reasons Than For Recreation
Using marijuana for medical reasons is more than double that of recreational users according to a new study. Here's the research & why it matters! The post Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana […]
- Black Market Weed Is Still Popular In Some States, But It's Also Very Dangerous
If you want to stay safe when using cannabis, then stay out of the black market.
- Roz McCarthy Shares What Inspired Her To Seek Diversity In The Cannabis Industry
One of the most influential people in the cannabis market shares how her nonprofit is diversifying leadership within the industry.
- Why The Cannabis Industry Is Urging For A Regulated Market
To help keep illicit products off the market, the industry is pleading for federal regulation for better control and testing.
- Efforts Intensify To Battle Corruption Involving Local Government Officials And Cannabis Industry
States are taking action against government officials involved in bribery and extortion.
- Should I Give Marijuana Products To My Dog?
Whether it's for anxiety, health reasons or something else, some people are giving pets CBD, but is it safe?
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Schmitt et al. v. LaRose
No. 19-3196 (6th Cir. 2019)A decision by an Ohio county board of elections to reject ballot initiatives regarding certain marijuana decriminalization […]
- Chance v. Kraft Heinz Food Company
CA No. K18C-01-056 (Del. Super. Ct. 2018)Delaware’s Medical Marijuana Act (DMMA) does not require employers to participate in an activity made […]
- State v. Jones (Jones II)
No. CR-18-0370-PR (Ariz. 2019)Under Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), the definition of ‘marijuana’ includes resin, and by […]
- Whitmire v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
359 F. Supp. 3d 761 (D. Ariz 2019)The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) creates a private cause of action for employees who are medical marijuana […]
- Sias et al. v. Vigil
D-101-CV-2019-61967 (N.M. Dist. 2019)New Mexico’s medical cannabis program cannot deny registry identification cards to non-residents, since […]
- October 21
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypkLoad More...
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Neptune Signs an Extraction Agreement in the U.S. and Expands U.S....
- Cresco Labs Receives Adult-Use Approval for All Five Existing...
- SOL Global Shareholders Approve Name Change to “Bluma Wellness”...
- THC BioMed Submits Application to Add Sales of Edibles, Topicals and...
- HempFusion Launches Innovative Full Spectrum CBD Twist Products
Green Market Report
- Dionymed Implodes As CEO, COO Resign, Creditor Demands $24 Million
- Shryne Group Is All In For Stiiizy
- Capital Raises: Holistic Industries, CBD Unlimited
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2019
- Valens GroWorks Reports Solid Earnings In Third Quarter
- The Daily Hit: October 15, 2019
- Canopy Growth Sells AusCann, Closes Beckley Acquisition
- Flowhub Snags $23 Million, Including An Investment From Kraft Heinz
- Aphria Stock Pops On Solid First Quarter Earnings
- Fan Owned Legion M Brings Back Jay And Silent Bob
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands