For me the journey started in December 2013. We applied for a license to own and operate a retail cannabis store in Washington State following the passage of Initiative 502 in November 2012 legalizing recreational use of marijuana.Read More
Category: Rob Hendrix
The fact that these happenings have occurred is beyond question. The potential under reporting of sales may have resulted in an underpayment of excise taxes and sales taxes to the State Department of Revenue, and perhaps even underpayment of Federal income taxes.Read More
In an earlier article, we discussed “Being a Good Neighbor” in which we talked specifically about being a good neighbor in the literal sense; a good tenant, a good co-business, a good citizen in your community. In this article, we will discuss another type of “Good Neighbor”, being a good steward of the Cannabis industry. We will hit upon three (3) topics: being involved in the process of making necessary changes for the good of the industry, being a good retail partner in dealing with grower/processors, and leading your retail team by example.Read More
This article will delve into what it means to be a bad neighbor, a bad influence in our still controversial industry, a bad steward of our still fragile Cannabis world in Washington State and to a great degree, the USA as a whole.Read More
Rob Hendrix writes on the choices communities must undertake in regulated states with regard to regulation or a thriving black market. There is no in between. To paraphrase brother Wayne Kramer and the MC5, “Brothers and sisters, the time has come for each and every one of you to decide whether you are going to be the problem or whether you are going to be the solution (That’s right) You must choose brothers, you must choose… It’s Time To Kick Out the Jams………Read More
Opening Your Cannabis Dispensary: Remember The Local Police Dept, Fire Marshal & City Attorney Must Become Important Allies
The Friday prior to my opening my State legal Cannabis retail shop in Ellensburg in Central Washington State, I invited the Chief of Police, City Manager, City Attorney and our local Fire Marshal for a meeting. This meeting was held in my retail shop on Friday August 22, 2014 before we were slated to Grand Open on the following Monday, August 25, 2014.Read More
Does The History Of The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board Inform Some The Current Issues The Board Is Having With Field Enforcement Officers & Internal Culture
Rob Hendrix of Cannabis Consulting Nationwide investigates. “I have been asked to write a story that attempts to deal with very real problems with the roll out of 502 in general and in particular how the evolution of our regulatory framework has been affected by the WSLCB, the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board, more typically today known as the LCB. First, a brief history.”Read More
When they said “global”, boy did they mean it. Mexico, Canada, Germany, Spain and Israel as well as the USA were all represented. The future of global trade and enterprise in Cannabis is truly bright I feel safe in reporting.Read More
Rob Hendrix, Cannabis Consulting Nationwide Speaking at Global Cannabis Business Development Conference in Portland, Oregon March 1
I am speaking at 2:15 but I would invite everyone to attend this conference which begins at the Crowne Plaza in Portland on February 28.Read More
As many of you know, I own a State legal Cannabis retail shop in my hometown of Ellensburg, Washington. Its called Cannabis Central of Ellensburg. My store motto, aka Mission Statement is: “To be the model recreational Cannabis store in the State of Washington”. The “model”. To me it means being the best, not necessarily the biggest, but the most well run, clean, efficient, respected, etc establishment in the industry.Read More
Good morning. My name is Rob Hendrix and I am the founder of Cannabis Consulting Nationwide. I came to this place by taking the leap of faith in Washington State’s Initiative 502 which as you probably are aware created the legal, adult-use Cannabis market in Washington State. I opened my retail Cannabis shop, Cannabis Central of Ellensburg, on August 25, 2014. The vetting process to make myself eligible for the Lottery system in order to obtain a retail Cannabis was in a word, grueling. Opening the shop was a shock; to my community, my friends, my family.Read More
In Washington State, since the Cole Memo has been essentially rescinded, the Attorney General of the US has left it up to the Regional US Attorneys to decide if and how how to prosecute Cannabis-related crimes. The Eastern Washington US Attorney is known to be somewhat conservative and likely to pursue the alleged crime with some energy and enthusiasm. This revelation is scary and I mean for it be exactly that.Read More
My store opened on a Monday in August but I held a very important meeting at my shop the Friday before. I had previously invited the City Attorney, City Manager, Chief of Police as well as the Fire Marshal to attend a meeting to discuss their collective concerns, suggestions, and/or questions.Read More
“We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.” Barack Obama
This is still a misunderstood and therefore a controversial industry. I have worked very hard to honor and abide by my mission statement. And excellence ladies and gentlemen is how we will turn people’s negative opinions around. Excellence in how we run our store, excellence in how we understand and welcome and endeavor to deal effectively while being empathetic to with people’s fears. Excellence in how we work with government at all levels in creating a regulatory environment that is fair and workable and sustainable for all, especially frankly those who are concerned about Cannabis in society. Excellence in our hiring, training, managing our employees, always insisting our employees be respectful to all at all times.Read More
The problem was that I felt very strongly women would not feel comfortable in these environments. I firmly believe we need to run our shops so that women, over 21 of course!, feel safe, secure, comfortable, and clean! After being in some these early shops, which felt more like head shops to me, I felt the need to immediately go home and shower!Read More
Selling To A Minor: “I will never attempt to minimize the importance of never, ever selling to a minor.”
We have a list of acceptable forms of ID here in Washington State. And it is the law that no one under 21 can even be on the premises let alone purchase product. (There are exceptions for minors who possess a State legal medical authorization card, but that’s a cumbersome discussion to attempt here so I’ll save it for another article). There are actually different rules pertaining to acceptable forms of ID for purchasing Cannabis than tobacco and/or alcohol. It’s much more stringent for Cannabis, of course!Read More
There is a flourishing “gray” market in Canada. By definition a “gray” market is very nearly a “black” market in reality. It is not subject to the same rigid controls, laws and restraints that the “legal” shops have to contend with. But, in an ironic twist, the gray market stores are the only ones who can satisfy demand and take care of the Cannabis consuming public.Read More
Part of the panel at the O’Cannabis Conference and Expo in Vancouver BC in December of 2018.
Published 14 December 2018
I calculated that our little shop has completed nearly 500,000 transactions since opening in August of 2014. All with no serious violations of any kindRead More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Senate Will Decide Marijuana Banking Bill
Could this marijuana banking bill finally allow businesses access to cannabis financial services? Here's what happens next in the marijuana banking debate. The post Senate Will Decide Marijuana […]
- Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, Social Alternative for Cannabis Users
Mood33 offers cannabis users healthy cannabis-infused beverages with no "fillers" or synthetic ingredients. Discover Mood33 cannabis tonics now! The post Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, […]
- Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company Offers Healthy CBD Products That Promote Wellness
Founded by a cancer survivor, Sugar and Kush offer CBD products ready to eat, cook with & more. Discover how Sugar & Kush CBD Oil can help you! The post Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company […]
- CannaBus Culture Film Festival Headed For Miami, Seattle and Portland
The CannaBus Culture Film Festival hopes to enlighten and educate people about what the cannabis community can be or what it actually is. Learn more now! The post CannaBus Culture Film Festival […]
- Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana For Medical Reasons Than For Recreation
Using marijuana for medical reasons is more than double that of recreational users according to a new study. Here's the research & why it matters! The post Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana […]
- Black Market Weed Is Still Popular In Some States, But It's Also Very Dangerous
If you want to stay safe when using cannabis, then stay out of the black market.
- Roz McCarthy Shares What Inspired Her To Seek Diversity In The Cannabis Industry
One of the most influential people in the cannabis market shares how her nonprofit is diversifying leadership within the industry.
- Why The Cannabis Industry Is Urging For A Regulated Market
To help keep illicit products off the market, the industry is pleading for federal regulation for better control and testing.
- Efforts Intensify To Battle Corruption Involving Local Government Officials And Cannabis Industry
States are taking action against government officials involved in bribery and extortion.
- Should I Give Marijuana Products To My Dog?
Whether it's for anxiety, health reasons or something else, some people are giving pets CBD, but is it safe?
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Schmitt et al. v. LaRose
No. 19-3196 (6th Cir. 2019)A decision by an Ohio county board of elections to reject ballot initiatives regarding certain marijuana decriminalization […]
- Chance v. Kraft Heinz Food Company
CA No. K18C-01-056 (Del. Super. Ct. 2018)Delaware’s Medical Marijuana Act (DMMA) does not require employers to participate in an activity made […]
- State v. Jones (Jones II)
No. CR-18-0370-PR (Ariz. 2019)Under Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), the definition of ‘marijuana’ includes resin, and by […]
- Whitmire v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
359 F. Supp. 3d 761 (D. Ariz 2019)The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) creates a private cause of action for employees who are medical marijuana […]
- Sias et al. v. Vigil
D-101-CV-2019-61967 (N.M. Dist. 2019)New Mexico’s medical cannabis program cannot deny registry identification cards to non-residents, since […]
- October 21
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypkLoad More...
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Neptune Signs an Extraction Agreement in the U.S. and Expands U.S....
- Cresco Labs Receives Adult-Use Approval for All Five Existing...
- SOL Global Shareholders Approve Name Change to “Bluma Wellness”...
- THC BioMed Submits Application to Add Sales of Edibles, Topicals and...
- HempFusion Launches Innovative Full Spectrum CBD Twist Products
Green Market Report
- Dionymed Implodes As CEO, COO Resign, Creditor Demands $24 Million
- Shryne Group Is All In For Stiiizy
- Capital Raises: Holistic Industries, CBD Unlimited
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2019
- Valens GroWorks Reports Solid Earnings In Third Quarter
- The Daily Hit: October 15, 2019
- Canopy Growth Sells AusCann, Closes Beckley Acquisition
- Flowhub Snags $23 Million, Including An Investment From Kraft Heinz
- Aphria Stock Pops On Solid First Quarter Earnings
- Fan Owned Legion M Brings Back Jay And Silent Bob
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands