Ding dong, the witch is dead, the mean old Jeff Sessions is gone!!! Xmas came early. Do you think it’s the name, as Republican Pete Sessions of Texas, the chairman of the House Rules Committee, declared cannabis enemy, just lost to Democratic challenger Colin Allred. Allred was no friend to either of the Sessions! Election time in America, more of a frightening affair of how this country thinks and where those particular thoughts are domiciled.Read More
Category: Tailored Benefits
Now that we are on the eve of the elections, California is faced with a vast array of cannabis propositions. Last count, there were at least 82 cannabis-related ballot measures to go before CA voters. Cannabis companies are paying particular attention to those that will significantly hurt their business bottom line as opposed to propelling it to do better.Read More
Canadian Cannabis Businesses & The TSA / Pax Labs & Vaping / Police Traffic Stops CA / CA Rules & Regs
Last week, we discussed how working in the Canadian Cannabis business could inadvertently place one on the permanent ban list from entering the U.S. A policy that could have only been conceived by Mike Pence type people and their progenyRead More
Canada Celebrates, The Tricky Question Of The US Border & The TSA, Delivery Services In California, Legality of CBD & THC In Beverages (CA) and High Times & CA Cannabis Events Legislation
First, a hearty congratulations and Mazol Tov to Canada which became the first major world economy to legalize recreational marijuana. This move will inextricably alter the country’s social, cultural and economic fabric, while presenting it with extraordinary public policy challenges. “Legalization of cannabis is the largest public policy shift this country has experienced in the past five decades,” said Mike Farnworth, British Columbia’s minister of public safety.Read More
San Francisco’s “Cannabis Oversight Committee”, Undocumented CA Cannabis Companies, San Diego.. Cannabis Companies Nightmare Realized ? & Canadian Policemen Cannabis Use Rules.
In this edition, we are going to start local, San Francisco, then report on activities in the State ending with an interesting new promulgation in Canada which could be emblematic of rules that may eventually permeate south of the Canadian border.Read More
LAX & TSA Rules On Cannabis, Rule Changes on CBD, Undocumented Cannabis Companies & the High Times M&A
Fear of Flying? No, I’m not talking about Erica Jong, although I am sure she would love Foria! Well, LAX is now a cannabis friendly airport. That does not mean on site consumption, but the LAX airport police, at best, would confiscate what they found as it’s legal in the State. However, the conflict comes in with TSA (Federal) workers who are not under the same rules as LAX police. The new LAX cannabis policy is quoted in full …..Read More
Let me digress and state that we usually always focus our stories on our industry as it pertains to California. However, this week there are some stories that read of bigger industry trends that need recognition for the larger implications.Read More
Jeffrey Rosen, Tailored Benefit’s founder, practiced law for ten (10) years in San Francisco, Silicon Valley & Taipei, Taiwan. He has run an employee benefits company for over twenty years. Tailored Benefits’ has evolved over the past several decades to play an integral part in the cannabis industryRead More
Welcome to the Tailored Benefits weekly newsletter. Jeffrey Rosen started publishing recently and we immediately recognized the high quality and regularity of his writing. We’re very pleased to say that Jeffrey has given us permission to re-publish as a weekly column. The Californian regulated market is moving into v1.1. We all know it has a long way to go but follow our posts by Jeffrey and fellow CA professional Jordan Zoot and we can assure you, that, between the two of them there’s very little you wont learn about the compliance and regulated aspect of this, the world’s biggest legal cannabis market.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Harrison v. Small
No. CV277077 (Cal. Ct. App. 2017)The removal of a former tenant’s property in a unit previously used for growing marijuana was permitted, after […]
- Kent County Prosecuting Attorney v. City of Grand Rapids
No. 316442 (Mich. Ct. App. 2015)An amendment to the city charter of the City of Grand Rapids which decriminalized marijuana was not preempted by […]
- KAB, LLC v. USPS
P.S. Docket No. MLB 18-39 (USPS 2018)CBD derived from plant matter that meets the Farm Bill’s definition of industrial hemp (containing less […]
- Noffsinger v. SSC Niantic Operating Co. (Noffsinger II)
No. 3:16-CV-01938, 2018 WL 4224075 (D. Conn. 2018)Employers are subject to the anti-discrimination provision of Connecticut’s Palliative Use of […]
- Cossins v. Josephine County
Cossins v. Josephine County, LUBA No. 2017-122 ( 2018)County failed to provide landowners with proper notice before adopting an ordinance limiting […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- Cannabis and Trademarks: CIPO Updates its Goods and Services Manual
- New Rules on Staff Training for Cannabis Retail Sales and Information to Provide to Consumers
- Quebec’s National Assembly Is Already Debating a Draft Bill to Tighten the Cannabis Regulation Act
- Cannabis: Imminent Arrival of the 90-Day Deadline for Modifying a Residential Lease
- January 23 - January 24
- January 24 @ 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm UTC+0
- February 12 - February 13
- March 31 - April 2
- April 1 @ 8:00 am - April 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Odor Issues Are Moving to the Forefront as More States Allow Recreational Cannabis
- Tax Court Takes Second (and Even Larger) Bite From the Cannabis Tax Planning Apple
- Banking and Hemp: The Effect of the New Farm Act
- The Morning After: Remaining Methods for Determining Cost of Goods Sold Following Harborside
- Ready or Not . . .
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Facebook Reverses Course with Pages Related to Hemp and CBD
- Facebook reverses course. Hemp updates for Illinois, Colorado and...
- Cannabis Trends We Should All Be Watching in 2019
- Oregon could be the first state to allow cannabis exports, Government...
- The Farm Bill is Signed, Hemp is Now a Legal Agricultural Commodity,...
CFN Media Group Blog
- WeedMD and BLOCKStrain Launch the Industry’s First Cannabis...
- Relevium To Host Screenings of Documentary “Weed The People”...
- Tilray® and Authentic Brands Group Sign Global Revenue Sharing...
- Canopy Growth receives New York State hemp licence and will establish...
- Flower One Provides Corporate Update and Outlines Approach to...
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: January 15, 2018
- Leafly and Flowhub Partner to Deliver Real-Time Cannabis Menus Online
- Solving For CBD’s Funky Taste Before Beverages Can Go Mainstream
- Tilray Signs $100 Million Deal With Authentic Brands Group
- The Daily Hit: January 14, 2019
- Caliva Partners with Best-In-Class Emulsion Technology Provider
- KCSA Recognized as Top Cannabis Ancillary Business of 2018 in the Cannabis Industry by Cannabis Business Executive
- Aurora Acquires Organic Cannabis Company Whistler In All Stock Deal Valued At C$175 Million
- Cannabis Consolidation Works In Flowhub’s Favor
- Cannabis Company Fourth Quarter Index Ends 2018 On A Sour Note
Cannabis Law Journal
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Transparent Cannabis
- The Role of Kovel Accountants in California’s Regulated Cannabis Industry
- WHO Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Closed Door Sessions May Result In International Cannabis Re-Scheduling
- Commercialization of Legalized Cannabis: A Synopsis
- South Korea First
- Is CBD Legal? Let’s Set the Record Straight
- California’s Cannabis Cluster…..
- A Little More Country, But Getting Ready To Rock & Roll
- “Hemp Testing 101: Analytical Testing Protocols Explained and Evaluated”
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018