Ding dong, the witch is dead, the mean old Jeff Sessions is gone!!! Xmas came early. Do you think it’s the name, as Republican Pete Sessions of Texas, the chairman of the House Rules Committee, declared cannabis enemy, just lost to Democratic challenger Colin Allred. Allred was no friend to either of the Sessions! Election time in America, more of a frightening affair of how this country thinks and where those particular thoughts are domiciled.Read More
Category: Tailored Benefits
Now that we are on the eve of the elections, California is faced with a vast array of cannabis propositions. Last count, there were at least 82 cannabis-related ballot measures to go before CA voters. Cannabis companies are paying particular attention to those that will significantly hurt their business bottom line as opposed to propelling it to do better.Read More
Canadian Cannabis Businesses & The TSA / Pax Labs & Vaping / Police Traffic Stops CA / CA Rules & Regs
Last week, we discussed how working in the Canadian Cannabis business could inadvertently place one on the permanent ban list from entering the U.S. A policy that could have only been conceived by Mike Pence type people and their progenyRead More
Canada Celebrates, The Tricky Question Of The US Border & The TSA, Delivery Services In California, Legality of CBD & THC In Beverages (CA) and High Times & CA Cannabis Events Legislation
First, a hearty congratulations and Mazol Tov to Canada which became the first major world economy to legalize recreational marijuana. This move will inextricably alter the country’s social, cultural and economic fabric, while presenting it with extraordinary public policy challenges. “Legalization of cannabis is the largest public policy shift this country has experienced in the past five decades,” said Mike Farnworth, British Columbia’s minister of public safety.Read More
San Francisco’s “Cannabis Oversight Committee”, Undocumented CA Cannabis Companies, San Diego.. Cannabis Companies Nightmare Realized ? & Canadian Policemen Cannabis Use Rules.
In this edition, we are going to start local, San Francisco, then report on activities in the State ending with an interesting new promulgation in Canada which could be emblematic of rules that may eventually permeate south of the Canadian border.Read More
LAX & TSA Rules On Cannabis, Rule Changes on CBD, Undocumented Cannabis Companies & the High Times M&A
Fear of Flying? No, I’m not talking about Erica Jong, although I am sure she would love Foria! Well, LAX is now a cannabis friendly airport. That does not mean on site consumption, but the LAX airport police, at best, would confiscate what they found as it’s legal in the State. However, the conflict comes in with TSA (Federal) workers who are not under the same rules as LAX police. The new LAX cannabis policy is quoted in full …..Read More
Let me digress and state that we usually always focus our stories on our industry as it pertains to California. However, this week there are some stories that read of bigger industry trends that need recognition for the larger implications.Read More
Jeffrey Rosen, Tailored Benefit’s founder, practiced law for ten (10) years in San Francisco, Silicon Valley & Taipei, Taiwan. He has run an employee benefits company for over twenty years. Tailored Benefits’ has evolved over the past several decades to play an integral part in the cannabis industryRead More
Welcome to the Tailored Benefits weekly newsletter. Jeffrey Rosen started publishing recently and we immediately recognized the high quality and regularity of his writing. We’re very pleased to say that Jeffrey has given us permission to re-publish as a weekly column. The Californian regulated market is moving into v1.1. We all know it has a long way to go but follow our posts by Jeffrey and fellow CA professional Jordan Zoot and we can assure you, that, between the two of them there’s very little you wont learn about the compliance and regulated aspect of this, the world’s biggest legal cannabis market.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- McNeary v. Freehold Township
C.P. # 2008-8094, 2007-10498, 2014-10233 ( 2018)A municipality must reimburse its employees for medical marijuana expenses when such marijuana use […]
- Loughman v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue Services
T.C. Memo 2018-85 (Tax 2018)Internal Revenue Code Section 280E precludes a taxpayer from deducting expenses incurred in a medical marijuana business, […]
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, et al. v. Naturalis Health, LLC
No. CV-18-356, 2018 Ark. 224 (Ark. 2018)In a challenge by losing applicants alleging that competitive selection process was unfair, Arkansas Supreme […]
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice individuals must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, a single caregiver cannot act as an unofficial […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- November 13 - November 15
- November 14 - November 16
- November 15 - November 16
- November 16
- November 16 - November 17
Motley Fool Analyzes Trump's Possible AG Choices & No Surprise That None Of Them Are Cannabis Fans https://t.co/lEAxQaunVeLoad More...
Motley Fool Analyzes Trump's Possible AG Choices & No Surprise That None Of Them Are Cannabis Fans https://t.co/lEAxQaunVe
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- New Opportunity Zone Federal Tax Incentive Is Available to Cannabis Businesses
- Canadians May Be Denied at Border for World’s Largest Cannabis Conference
- Cannabis Steady Roll Toward End of Prohibition
- The Erie Doctrine and Insurance Coverage Disputes Walk Into a Bar…
- Join Us in Seattle for the Northwest Marijuana Law Conference on Nov. 16
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Hemp Is Used Across Several Industries, SIU Creates New Industrial...
- Vertical Opens CBD Facility In Kentucky, Stockton University offers a...
- Hemp market expected to grow to $1.9 billion by 2022, Canopy Growth...
- Canada Legalizes, Colorado's Amendment X, FDA Says Marijuana...
- Illinois Opens Access To Medical Cannabis Program For Opioid Users...
CFN Media Group Blog
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: November 14, 2018
- AxisWire Hosts First Annual STAR Media Awards
- Canopy Growth Stock Falls After Dramatically Missing Estimates
- Tilray Reports $10 Million In Revenue As Prices For Cannabis Fall
- The Daily Hit: November 13, 2018
- MTech Acquisition Corp. and MJ Freeway LLC Decide on “Akerna” as the Proposed Name of Post-Combination Public Company and Announce Participation at MJBizCon 2018 in Las Vegas
- Cronos Group Delivers Strong Quarter As Revenues Rise 186%
- Cannabis Company President Applies Tech Boom Lessons to Cannabis Industry
- The Daily Hit: November 12, 2018
- Aurora Cannabis Posts Big Gains In Revenue As Costs Drop, Prices Rise