- CFN Insider #6: The US Cannabis Market: New Promise, Persistent Constraints
CFN Insider explores how the U.S. cannabis industry is evolving and the potential impact of a DEA decision to reschedule the drug or its cannabinoid constituents with a leading market analyst and group of five legal experts. In addition, investment opportunities are identified that may arise from these changes. In this episode, we take a look at some of the latest developments: FDA Approves GW Pharma's Epidolex Impact on rescheduling cannabis and DEA's rescheduling possibilities (isolate vs. cannabis plant) Resulting investment plays (cannabinoid drug developers, hemp extracts) Legalization Roundtable: State cannabis programs are flourishing (on both coasts) and fairing well under the Trump Administration on a macro level in light of the Cole Memo rescission, but federal restraints persist Guests on the podcast include: Matt Karnes, Greenwave Advisors Rod Kight, Kight Law Seth Goldberg, Duane Morris LLP Silvia San Nichols, CEO of New Game Compliance Justin Hobson, Lane Pow […]
- CFN Insider #5: Big Brands in Cannabis
CFN Insider explores the branding principle in cannabis and how it's ever more critical with recreational legalization in California and soon in Canada while big national brands make inroads. Three experts from influential cannabis brands give us their insights. Featured Guests Jeffrey Britz, CEO of International Cannabrands Inc. (CSE: JUJU) Joe Hodas, CMO of GoFire, Formerly Dixie Brands CMO Dooma Wendschuh, CEO of Province Brands […]
- CFN Insider #4: The California Recreational Market
CFN Insider looks at California's recreational market, which is poised to become the largest legal cannabis industry in the world. In addition, experts take a look at the elections earlier this month and how the results might impact the cannabis industry over the coming years. Featured Guests: Matt Karnes of Greenwave Advisors Sean Hocking of the Cannabis Law Report Eric Spitz of Golden Systems […]
- CFN Insider #3 - The Cannabis Industry's Banking Problem
The Cole Memo and other regulations have tried to open up banking access to the cannabis industry, but many banks and credit unions refuse to engage with the marijuana industry because it remains a Schedule I Controlled Substance. In this episode, we look at the challenges that cannabis businesses face and what's being done to solve the problem. Featured Guests Tyler Bäuerlein, VP Business Development at Hypur. Matt Karnes, Founder & CEO of GreenWave Advisors Tim Belvin, Founder of 420 Tec […]
- CFN Insider #2 - Cannabis Combats Opioid Crisis through Science & Regulation
The opioid epidemic has reached a critical point in the United States, with more than 60,000 Americans dying from overdose last year alone. In July 2017, opioid addiction was cited as the "FDA's biggest crisis" and CDC Director Thomas Frieden said "urgent action is critical". Cannabinoids, it turns out, could play a critical role in addressing the problem. […]
- CFN Insider #1 - Where Are the Best Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry?
CFN Insider looks at where medical marijuana may be headed on a federal level and whether the industry has reached a critical mass. In addition, this episode looks at the status of legalization in other markets across North America and Europe. - What is the federal government's stance on medical marijuana? - Who is behind the opposition to medical marijuana? - What is the status of the cannabis industry in Europe? - Where are the best investment opportunities? Featured Guests - Matt Karnes of GreenWave Advisors - Stephen Murphy of Prohibition Partners […]
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, et al. v. Naturalis Health, LLC
No. CV-18-356, 2018 Ark. 224 (Ark. 2018)In a challenge by losing applicants alleging that competitive selection process was unfair, Arkansas Supreme […]
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice individuals must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, a single caregiver cannot act as an unofficial […]
- People v. Bylsma (Byslma I)
493 Mich. 17, 825 N.W.2d 543 (Mich. 2012)A group of caregivers cannot act as a cooperative for the purposes of growing plants.Failure to obtain […]
- Charter Township of York v. Miller
No. 335344, 2018 WL 472187 (Mich. Ct. App. 2018)While Michigan Medical Marihuana Act authorizes the construction of an outdoor growing facility, […]
Langlois – Cannabis
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
- October 11 @ 8:00 am - November 13 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 17 - October 20
- October 22
- October 22 - November 23
- October 22 @ 8:00 am - October 23 @ 5:00 pm PDT
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Illinois Opens Access To Medical Cannabis Program For Opioid Users...
- Can Canadians Involved in the Legalized Marijuana Industry Enter the...
- New York State Holds ‘Listening Sessions’ on Cannabis Legalization
- A look at CBD drug policy, Hemp farming in Michigan, Media confusion...
- Manhattan DA's office drops more than 3,000 open marijuana cases....
CFN Media Group Blog
- Empower Clinics and Inolife R&D Announce Letter of Intent for US...
- Weekend Unlimited Inc. Announces Details of Northern Lights Organics...
- MediPharm Labs Corp. Bolsters Leadership & Operational Expertise...
- Supreme Cannabis Completes $100 Million Bought Deal Convertible...
- The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd. Announces Closing of C$76...
Green Market Report
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money October 19, 2018
- iAnthus Acquires MPX Bioceutical In $835 Million Deal
- Stock Rollercoasters, Poduct Shortages Characterize Canada’s First Legal Cannabis Day
- Aurora Cannabis Approved For New York Stock Exchange
- The Daily Hit: October 17, 2018
- Canada Focuses On Cannabis Production, Skips Pricing Concerns
- Our Neighbor to The North
- The Dawning of a New Canada: Cannabis Prohibition Has Ended
- Acreage Holdings To Invite Former Canadian Prime Minister To Be Board Member
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2018
Cannabis Law Journal
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018
- WHO Issues Glowing Report of CBD But Gets the Law Wrong- A Legal Analysis
- New Jersey Cannabis Update: Federalism, Fiscal In-Fighting, and the FDA
- PA/NJ Cannabis: Protected Cannabis Testing
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Tides of Perception
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS CANNABIS
- IP Protection Spotlight: Canopy Growth
- California Cannabis Applicants and Licensees Should Be Entitled to Representation
- California: IRC Sec. 280E and Transportation
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?