- CFN Insider #6: The US Cannabis Market: New Promise, Persistent Constraints
CFN Insider explores how the U.S. cannabis industry is evolving and the potential impact of a DEA decision to reschedule the drug or its cannabinoid constituents with a leading market analyst and group of five legal experts. In addition, investment opportunities are identified that may arise from these changes. In this episode, we take a look at some of the latest developments: FDA Approves GW Pharma's Epidolex Impact on rescheduling cannabis and DEA's rescheduling possibilities (isolate vs. cannabis plant) Resulting investment plays (cannabinoid drug developers, hemp extracts) Legalization Roundtable: State cannabis programs are flourishing (on both coasts) and fairing well under the Trump Administration on a macro level in light of the Cole Memo rescission, but federal restraints persist Guests on the podcast include: Matt Karnes, Greenwave Advisors Rod Kight, Kight Law Seth Goldberg, Duane Morris LLP Silvia San Nichols, CEO of New Game Compliance Justin Hobson, Lane Pow […]
- CFN Insider #5: Big Brands in Cannabis
CFN Insider explores the branding principle in cannabis and how it's ever more critical with recreational legalization in California and soon in Canada while big national brands make inroads. Three experts from influential cannabis brands give us their insights. Featured Guests Jeffrey Britz, CEO of International Cannabrands Inc. (CSE: JUJU) Joe Hodas, CMO of GoFire, Formerly Dixie Brands CMO Dooma Wendschuh, CEO of Province Brands […]
- CFN Insider #4: The California Recreational Market
CFN Insider looks at California's recreational market, which is poised to become the largest legal cannabis industry in the world. In addition, experts take a look at the elections earlier this month and how the results might impact the cannabis industry over the coming years. Featured Guests: Matt Karnes of Greenwave Advisors Sean Hocking of the Cannabis Law Report Eric Spitz of Golden Systems […]
- CFN Insider #3 - The Cannabis Industry's Banking Problem
The Cole Memo and other regulations have tried to open up banking access to the cannabis industry, but many banks and credit unions refuse to engage with the marijuana industry because it remains a Schedule I Controlled Substance. In this episode, we look at the challenges that cannabis businesses face and what's being done to solve the problem. Featured Guests Tyler Bäuerlein, VP Business Development at Hypur. Matt Karnes, Founder & CEO of GreenWave Advisors Tim Belvin, Founder of 420 Tec […]
- CFN Insider #2 - Cannabis Combats Opioid Crisis through Science & Regulation
The opioid epidemic has reached a critical point in the United States, with more than 60,000 Americans dying from overdose last year alone. In July 2017, opioid addiction was cited as the "FDA's biggest crisis" and CDC Director Thomas Frieden said "urgent action is critical". Cannabinoids, it turns out, could play a critical role in addressing the problem. […]
- CFN Insider #1 - Where Are the Best Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry?
CFN Insider looks at where medical marijuana may be headed on a federal level and whether the industry has reached a critical mass. In addition, this episode looks at the status of legalization in other markets across North America and Europe. - What is the federal government's stance on medical marijuana? - Who is behind the opposition to medical marijuana? - What is the status of the cannabis industry in Europe? - Where are the best investment opportunities? Featured Guests - Matt Karnes of GreenWave Advisors - Stephen Murphy of Prohibition Partners […]
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
Cannabis Operating Plan Templates
- Diversify Your Marketing Portfolio With These Digital Assets
Choose from curated fonts, graphics, templates, and more to create professional designs faster. […]
- 5 Keys to Successfully Leading a Family Business
Family businesses aren't always easy, but they are most definitely be worth it. […]
- Being an Influencer is a Job
Here's how influencers have evolved to become today's newest entrepreneurs. […]
- Helping Dads Discover Medical Cannabis This Father's Day
Many seniors, maybe including your own father, could benefit from cannabis. Cultivate the empathy and understanding to reach them on their own terms. […]
- No One Knows It But These 3 Industries Now Depend on AI
AI is revolutionizing industries across the board, including ones nobody expected. But it's a sign of the times -- and the times to come. […]
NACB Latest News
- NACB Passes Leading Lab Testing & Product Integrity Standard
New York - The NACB is proud to announce the adoption of its National Standards on Laboratory Testing and Product Integrity. These standards are designed to protect consumers and demonstrate to […]
- Indicas and Sativas...Oh My! What's the Difference?
Chances are good that when you venture into a cannabis dispensary and talk to a patient care specialist, you will be eventually be posed with the classic question: “Are you looking for an […]
- Cannabis Employment Symposium Hosted in LA
On March 28, 2019 the NACB and Vangst are teaming up to hold an all-day exclusive Symposium on Cannabis Employment - the event is taking place at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. This […]
- Cannabis: What’s Trust Got To Do With It?
At the NACB, we like to say we’re the most trusted credential in cannabis. We’ve made trust our currency because in today’s world of unlimited products, services and experiences, […]
- We Love Our Members, We Also Love Discounts
We are thrilled to announce that the NACB has partnered with botaniCo to provide NACB members with FREE access to their business discount program.&nbs […]
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Murro v. Arizona Dept. of Health Services
No. 18-0471 (Ariz. Ct. App. 2019)A conviction for solicitation to commit possession of a dangerous drug for sale is a violation of a state controlled […]
- CWNevada LLC
No. 19-12300 (Bankr. D. Nev. 2019)Where an operator cultivating, producing and distributing marijuana did not establish debtor-in-possession bank […]
- Mission Pennsylvania, LLC v. Wallace McKelvey
No. 185 C.D. 2018 (Pa. Commw. Ct. 2019)Department of Health has the burden of supporting its grounds for denying access to portions of applications […]
- Washington v. Barr
No. 18-859 (2nd Cir. 2019)Plaintiffs challenging the inclusion of marijuana on CSA schedules failed to exhaust administrative process because they […]
- June 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
MJ Micro Conference: The next level in cannabis investment June 25, 2019, Westin Grand Central, New York CityJune 25
- June 25 @ 8:00 am - June 26 @ 5:00 pm SMT
- June 26
- July 12 @ 9:30 am - July 13 @ 5:30 pm BST
Virginia Law Firm Launches Cannabis Practice https://t.co/MmTw3ylLie
Virginia Law Firm Launches Cannabis Practice https://t.co/MmTw3ylLie
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Green Growth Brands Surpasses 50 Seventh Sense CBD Shops Open in Four...
- Green Peak Innovations Signs Florida Agreement For Tree King Tree...
- Minority Cannabis Business Association and Merida Capital Partners...
- Treehouse Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc. Announces Closing of...
- Cresco Labs Announces Opening of VidaCann Dispensaries in Pensacola...
Green Market Report
- Israeli Medical Cannabis Producer BOL Cuts Valuation By 17% Ahead of Toronto IPO
- CannaCraft Designs Packaging That’s Both Safe and Sustainable
- UCBA Summer Summit Features California’s Cannabis Industry Leaders
- Executive Spotlight: Doug Gordon, Executive Vice President & Head of LeafLink Financial
- Acreage’s Murphy Believes New York May Move On Legalization Next Week
- Harborside’s Steve DeAngelo Stands Up For The Industry
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money June 14, 2019
- The Daily Hit: June 13, 2019
- MJMicro Conference To Connect Publicly Traded Cannabis Companies with High Net Worth Investors
- Executive Spotlight: Amanda Ostrowitz, Founder & CEO of RegsTechnology
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands