- CFN Insider #6: The US Cannabis Market: New Promise, Persistent Constraints
CFN Insider explores how the U.S. cannabis industry is evolving and the potential impact of a DEA decision to reschedule the drug or its cannabinoid constituents with a leading market analyst and group of five legal experts. In addition, investment opportunities are identified that may arise from these changes. In this episode, we take a look at some of the latest developments: FDA Approves GW Pharma's Epidolex Impact on rescheduling cannabis and DEA's rescheduling possibilities (isolate vs. cannabis plant) Resulting investment plays (cannabinoid drug developers, hemp extracts) Legalization Roundtable: State cannabis programs are flourishing (on both coasts) and fairing well under the Trump Administration on a macro level in light of the Cole Memo rescission, but federal restraints persist Guests on the podcast include: Matt Karnes, Greenwave Advisors Rod Kight, Kight Law Seth Goldberg, Duane Morris LLP Silvia San Nichols, CEO of New Game Compliance Justin Hobson, Lane Powell
- CFN Insider #5: Big Brands in Cannabis
CFN Insider explores the branding principle in cannabis and how it's ever more critical with recreational legalization in California and soon in Canada while big national brands make inroads. Three experts from influential cannabis brands give us their insights. Featured Guests Jeffrey Britz, CEO of International Cannabrands Inc. (CSE: JUJU) Joe Hodas, CMO of GoFire, Formerly Dixie Brands CMO Dooma Wendschuh, CEO of Province Brands
- CFN Insider #4: The California Recreational Market
CFN Insider looks at California's recreational market, which is poised to become the largest legal cannabis industry in the world. In addition, experts take a look at the elections earlier this month and how the results might impact the cannabis industry over the coming years. Featured Guests: Matt Karnes of Greenwave Advisors Sean Hocking of the Cannabis Law Report Eric Spitz of Golden Systems
- CFN Insider #3 - The Cannabis Industry's Banking Problem
The Cole Memo and other regulations have tried to open up banking access to the cannabis industry, but many banks and credit unions refuse to engage with the marijuana industry because it remains a Schedule I Controlled Substance. In this episode, we look at the challenges that cannabis businesses face and what's being done to solve the problem. Featured Guests Tyler Bäuerlein, VP Business Development at Hypur. Matt Karnes, Founder & CEO of GreenWave Advisors Tim Belvin, Founder of 420 Tech
- CFN Insider #2 - Cannabis Combats Opioid Crisis through Science & Regulation
The opioid epidemic has reached a critical point in the United States, with more than 60,000 Americans dying from overdose last year alone. In July 2017, opioid addiction was cited as the "FDA's biggest crisis" and CDC Director Thomas Frieden said "urgent action is critical". Cannabinoids, it turns out, could play a critical role in addressing the problem.
- CFN Insider #1 - Where Are the Best Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry?
CFN Insider looks at where medical marijuana may be headed on a federal level and whether the industry has reached a critical mass. In addition, this episode looks at the status of legalization in other markets across North America and Europe. - What is the federal government's stance on medical marijuana? - Who is behind the opposition to medical marijuana? - What is the status of the cannabis industry in Europe? - Where are the best investment opportunities? Featured Guests - Matt Karnes of GreenWave Advisors - Stephen Murphy of Prohibition Partners
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Senate Will Decide Marijuana Banking Bill
Could this marijuana banking bill finally allow businesses access to cannabis financial services? Here's what happens next in the marijuana banking debate. The post Senate Will Decide Marijuana […]
- Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, Social Alternative for Cannabis Users
Mood33 offers cannabis users healthy cannabis-infused beverages with no "fillers" or synthetic ingredients. Discover Mood33 cannabis tonics now! The post Cannabis-Infused Beverages Offer a Healthy, […]
- Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company Offers Healthy CBD Products That Promote Wellness
Founded by a cancer survivor, Sugar and Kush offer CBD products ready to eat, cook with & more. Discover how Sugar & Kush CBD Oil can help you! The post Founded By A Cancer Survivor, Company […]
- CannaBus Culture Film Festival Headed For Miami, Seattle and Portland
The CannaBus Culture Film Festival hopes to enlighten and educate people about what the cannabis community can be or what it actually is. Learn more now! The post CannaBus Culture Film Festival […]
- Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana For Medical Reasons Than For Recreation
Using marijuana for medical reasons is more than double that of recreational users according to a new study. Here's the research & why it matters! The post Twice As Many Americans Use Marijuana […]
- Black Market Weed Is Still Popular In Some States, But It's Also Very Dangerous
If you want to stay safe when using cannabis, then stay out of the black market.
- Roz McCarthy Shares What Inspired Her To Seek Diversity In The Cannabis Industry
One of the most influential people in the cannabis market shares how her nonprofit is diversifying leadership within the industry.
- Why The Cannabis Industry Is Urging For A Regulated Market
To help keep illicit products off the market, the industry is pleading for federal regulation for better control and testing.
- Efforts Intensify To Battle Corruption Involving Local Government Officials And Cannabis Industry
States are taking action against government officials involved in bribery and extortion.
- Should I Give Marijuana Products To My Dog?
Whether it's for anxiety, health reasons or something else, some people are giving pets CBD, but is it safe?
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Schmitt et al. v. LaRose
No. 19-3196 (6th Cir. 2019)A decision by an Ohio county board of elections to reject ballot initiatives regarding certain marijuana decriminalization […]
- Chance v. Kraft Heinz Food Company
CA No. K18C-01-056 (Del. Super. Ct. 2018)Delaware’s Medical Marijuana Act (DMMA) does not require employers to participate in an activity made […]
- State v. Jones (Jones II)
No. CR-18-0370-PR (Ariz. 2019)Under Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), the definition of ‘marijuana’ includes resin, and by […]
- Whitmire v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
359 F. Supp. 3d 761 (D. Ariz 2019)The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) creates a private cause of action for employees who are medical marijuana […]
- Sias et al. v. Vigil
D-101-CV-2019-61967 (N.M. Dist. 2019)New Mexico’s medical cannabis program cannot deny registry identification cards to non-residents, since […]
- October 21
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
KIGHT LAW ATTORNEYS SPEAK AT LEGAL CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK https://t.co/wcQ54EAypk
Hoban Law Group Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- Neptune Signs an Extraction Agreement in the U.S. and Expands U.S....
- Cresco Labs Receives Adult-Use Approval for All Five Existing...
- SOL Global Shareholders Approve Name Change to “Bluma Wellness”...
- THC BioMed Submits Application to Add Sales of Edibles, Topicals and...
- HempFusion Launches Innovative Full Spectrum CBD Twist Products
Green Market Report
- Dionymed Implodes As CEO, COO Resign, Creditor Demands $24 Million
- Shryne Group Is All In For Stiiizy
- Capital Raises: Holistic Industries, CBD Unlimited
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2019
- Valens GroWorks Reports Solid Earnings In Third Quarter
- The Daily Hit: October 15, 2019
- Canopy Growth Sells AusCann, Closes Beckley Acquisition
- Flowhub Snags $23 Million, Including An Investment From Kraft Heinz
- Aphria Stock Pops On Solid First Quarter Earnings
- Fan Owned Legion M Brings Back Jay And Silent Bob
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands