Kick-off Meeting for Students Committee
We’re excited to announce the kick-off meeting for our newly invigorated Students Committee. We invite you to be part of this exciting beginning on Wednesday, November 8, 1:00 pm PST | 3:00 pm CST | 4:00 pm EST via Zoom.
Meet Your Committee Leaders
Alexis Lazzeri – Committee Chair
Alexis is a Corporate & Regulatory Attorney at Manzuri Law, specializing in cannabis legal matters. She graduated from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where she held roles as the Executive Notes Editor of the Hastings Business Law Journal and President of Law Students for Sensible Drug Policy.
Callie Hoffman – Committee Co-Chair
Callie Hoffman is a versatile professional with a strong foundation in law and policy. Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus on International Law & Human Rights from the University of California, Berkeley, she has seamlessly transitioned into the legal field. Callie is currently a Summer Associate at Manzuri Law, specializing in cannabis legal matters.
David Ruskin – Board Liaison
As the Board Liaison, David Ruskin bridges the committee’s initiatives with the larger goals of INCBA. David offers strategic guidance to ensure the committee’s alignment with INCBA’s mission.
The Students Committee is open to all current students, including undergraduate, graduate, and law school students, who share a passion for cannabis law.
Committee Goals for 2024
- Informal Mentorship Program: The committee aims to create opportunities for students to connect with INCBA attorneys through networking and volunteer events.
- Writing Opportunities: This includes opportunities to publish work on INCBA’s blog or assist with relevant research for INCBA’s committees.
- Free CLE Opportunities: The committee is dedicated to providing free Continuing Legal Education sessions tailored to the needs of law student members.
- Building Community: The committee’s goal is to create a supportive space where like-minded law students from across the country can connect, building lasting relationships within the INCBA community.
- Career Placement: The Students Committee aims to assist high-achieving law student members passionate about cannabis law in finding placements with INCBA member attorneys.