STORY EDITOR: Heather Allman
PUBLISHER: CANNABIS LAW REPORT
Brazilian Medical Event (Cannabis) called MECA –
This event features at least 600 MDs, plus many company booths focused only on MDs and discussions around the scientific treatments using cannabis.
This event will involve federal Universities, Federal Regulation Agencies, full-professors (who never have prescribed cannabis), and it promises to shake the conservative medical minds in Brazil.
PHARMACOLOGY OF PHYTO AND ENDOCHANABINOIDS– Phytocannabinoids and endogenous receptors
– Entourage Effect and Biphasic Effect
– Human Cannabinoid System: What is its importance for Homeostasis
– Genetics of cannabinoid interactions
POINT AND COUNTER-POINT – EPILEPSYKey Lecture – Medicinal Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Severe Epilepsies in Children
– Epilepsy in the General Pediatrics Office and the Use of Cannabinoids
– Severe Epilepsies in Children and the Use of Cannabinoids in the Neuropediatrician’s View
– Medicinal Cannabinoids in Children with Epilepsy. Excessive benefit or risk?
– Alternatives to the use of cannabinoids in children with severe conditions
PARKINSON’S EVILKey Lecture – Medicinal Cannabinoids and Neuroprotection
– Pharmacology of Cannabinoids in Neurological Tissue
– Inflammation and the Human Encocannabinoid System
– Scientific Evidence for the Use of Medicinal Cannabinoids in Parkinson’s Patients
– Spasticity, Motricity and Cannabinoid Use in Parkinson’s Patients
SLEEP DISORDERSKey Lecture – The Role of Medicinal Cannabinoids in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
– How Sleep is Affected by Medicinal Cannabinoids
– The Role of Sleep in Quality of Life
– Sleep in Cancer Patients
– How Cannabinoid Dose is Determined to Improve sleep quality?
ANXIETY– Definition of Social Anxiety Disorder
– Medicinal Cannabinoids vs. Street Cannabis in the generation of Anxiety Disorders
– Medicinal cannabinoids and their role in social anxiety disorder
THE CANNABIS LEGISLATIONKey Lecture – Legislation in Brazil and Abroad
– What is ANVISA’s vision for the future of the national cannabis industry?
– How does the Federal Police understand the regulation process?
– How governments understand the regulatory process
– What are the obstacles to full compliance with current legislation?
For further information, please visit the Brazilian Medical Event (Cannabis) — or MECA, website
(Original news item via Linked In and MECA)