NJ.com has written a detailed article on what may happen in New Jersey and highlights possibilities moving forward . read the full article
They precis the proposed Scutari bill
Here’s what the legal pot bill would do
Scutari’s bill, (S3195) based on visits to Colorado’s thriving recreational program would:
- Decriminalize marijuana possession of up to 50 grams “immediately” and allow people who have been arrested for pot possession to expunge their records;
- Establish a Division of Marijuana Enforcement in the state Attorney General’s Office which would create the rules used to govern the legal market of growers and sellers;
- Allow people to possess up to one ounce of dried marijuana, 16 ounces of edible products infused with cannabis, 72 ounces in liquid form and seven grams of marijuana “concentrate;
- Impose a sales tax on recreational sales beginning at 7 percent in the first year, climbing to 10 percent in the second year and jumping five percent more each year until it reaches 25 percent. Taxes on medical marijuana would be abolished.
- Give the five existing medical marijuana dispensary nonprofit groups first crack at selling recreational pot.
Here’s the bill in full http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S3500/3195_I1.PDF3195_I1