STATE MEDICAL BOARD OF OHIO APPROVES DATES FOR INITIAL PETITION TO ADD A QUALIFYING CONDITION SUBMISSION PERIOD
Medical board members established Nov. 1, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2018 as the first submission period for petitions to add a qualifying medical condition to the Medical Marijuana Control Program. NO PETITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEFORE NOV. 1, 2018.
During the submission period next fall, all petitions should be filed electronically through the State’s website, medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov. A petition needs to include:
- The name and contact information
- Specific disease or condition requested to be added
- Information from experts who specialize in the study of the disease or condition
- Relevant medical or scientific evidence
- Consideration of whether conventional medical therapies are insufficient to treat or alleviate the disease or condition
- Evidence supporting the use of medical marijuana to treat or alleviate the disease or condition and other types of medical or scientific documentation
- Letters of support provided by physicians
The Ohio Administrative Code provides details regarding how to file a petition to add a condition and the supporting documentation is available in Ohio Administrative Code Rule 4731-32-05.
Under Ohio law, all of the following are already identified as qualifying medical conditions: AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy or another seizure disorder, fibromyalgia, glaucoma, hepatitis C, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, pain that is either chronic and severe or intractable, Parkinson’s disease, positive status for HIV, post-traumatic stress disorder, sickle cell anemia, spinal cord disease or injury, Tourette’s syndrome, traumatic brain injury, and ulcerative colitis.
MMCP AND THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE RELEASE APPLICATIONS FOR TESTING LABORATORY LICENSE FOR PRIVATE ENTITIES
The MMCP and the Department of Commerce have released the application, forms, and instructions for private companies to apply for a license to conduct laboratory testing of medical marijuana and medical marijuana products. Click here to view the full set of application documents.