The Texas Tribune reports “According to the latest UT/TT Poll,”

Legalizing marijuana

A solid majority of Texas voters — 60% — said possession of small or large amounts of marijuana for any purpose should be legal, and only 13% said it shouldn’t be legal for any use. The rest would allow it “for medical purposes only.”

Adults at all stages would legalize pot for any use. Among 18- to 29-year-olds, 25% would legalize small amounts and 34% would allow any amounts, a total of 59%. The 30- to 44-year-old group is the most supportive: 69% would legalize pot. Among 45- to 64-year-olds, 57% would legalize in some capacity, and so would 53% of their elders.

That’s a big change in a little more than a decade. In May 2010 UT/TT Poll, 54% of Texans said either that they were against legalization (27%) or that it should be legal only for medical use (27%). Only 42% then said marijuana should be legalized, a number that has climbed to 60%.