PsyIndex Weekly Update – December 7, 2020 – December 11, 2020
he PsyIndex rallied nearly 36% last week following a sector-wide rally that consisted of three triple-digit gains and a series of high double-digit gains.
December 7, 2020 – December 11, 2020
|The PsyIndex rallied nearly 36% last week following a sector-wide rally that consisted of three triple-digit gains and a series of high double-digit gains.|
Weekly Performance: $188.61 (35.98%)
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN)
Corporate News, Deals & Listings
- Tryp Therapeutics filed a final prospectus and announced its initial public offering. Press Release
- Cybin Corp. signed a definitive agreement to acquire Adelia Therapeutics as part of its commitment to strategic growth. Press Release
- Psyched Wellness Ltd. (CSE: PSYC) announced a positive toxicology assessment and provided a path to market for a legal psychedelic mushroom product. Press Release
- Psyched Wellness Ltd. (CSE: PSYC) also added Aaron Slater to its Advisory Board. Press Release
- Psyched Wellness Ltd. (CSE: PSYC) also completed writing the final extraction protocol and other details for its first product. Press Release
- Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (CSE: RVV) added Dr. Joel Moody, an epidemiologist, as a Medical and Clinical Advisor. Press Release
- Numinus Wellness Inc. (TSX-V: NUMI) announced a $10 million bought deal public offering. Press Release
- Mydecine Innovations Group (CSE: MYCO) plans to make the first commercial export of legal psilocybin mushrooms. Press Release
- Havn Life Sciences Inc. (CSE: HAVN) will supply psychedelic compounds to clinical studies focused on veterans and PTSD. Press Release
- Mind Cure Health Inc. (CSE: MCUR) announced a translational research program with a focus on psychedelic compounds. Press Release
- Mind Cure Health Inc. (CSE: MCUR) also announced that it was moving into psychedelic assisted therapy in British Columbia. Press Release
- PharmaTher Inc. (CSE: PHRM) was granted a pre-IND meeting with the FDA for ketamine targeting Parkinson’s disease. Press Release
- Entheon Biomedical Corp. (CSE: ENBI) announced a DMT drug supply agreement with Psygen Labs. Press Release
- Pure Extracts Technologies Corp. (CSE: PULL) signed a letter of intent with The Nutraceutical Medicine Company. Press Release
- BetterLife Pharma Inc. (CSE: BETR) added a next-gen psychedelic therapy to its pipeline of drugs. Press Release
- Field Trip Health Ltd. (CSE: FTRP) increased its bought-deal financing to $17.4 million. Press Release
The psychedelics industry has experienced a renaissance over the past two years with the launch of the Johns Hopkins Center for Psychedelic Research and a billion-dollar IPO. While there are many ways to capitalize on the industry, intellectual property will play a key role in both protecting assets and becoming a potential source of revenue.
We take a look at three companies that aim to build an intellectual property portfolio in the space.
Canndora, a global media and event platform, and initiative created by Marigold Marketing & PR to support advancing women in emerging industries, hosted #CanndoraConnect: Women in Psychedelics on December 2nd, 2020. The event featured eight industry professionals and sold out with over 100 registrants from around the world.
- Psychedelics Re-Engineered for Potential Use in the Clinic via Nature
- LSD vs. Mushrooms: Same But Different via Healthline
- This is How Psychedelics Hack the Brain, According to Scientists via Vice