Here’s what they say
“Founding Partner David C. Feola, Hoban & Feola, LLC is now known as the Hoban Law Group.
David’s practice focuses predominantly on plaintiff’s employment law, and as such, he has formed an independent law practice, the Feola Law Firm. We wish David nothing but continued success!”
They also add ….And, check out our updated website at www.hoban.law
It’s obviously been a busy past few weeks for the firm by the look of it, they also have two new partners
Denver & Phoenix
Jean E. Smith-Gonnell is one of the nation’s leading cannabis practitioners; serving clients in multiple states. She is a Partner at Hoban Law Group, where she practices commercial/administrative litigation, specializing in marijuana law. Ms. Smith-Gonnell routinely provides advice to cannabis industry businesses about medical/retail/recreational marijuana, licensing, regulatory compliance, general business transactional law, and the intersection of state and federal law.
Ms. Smith-Gonnell’s clients include a number of businesses both in and out of the marijuana industry, as well as individuals and those facing a variety of legal proceedings at the District and Federal Court levels. She has served the cannabis industry full time since 2012. In November, 2011, as a law clerk with Hoban Law Group, Ms. Smith-Gonnell assisted in the development of an article for The Colorado Lawyer, a publication of the Colorado Bar Association, entitled “Colorado’s Emerging Medical Marijuana Legal Framework and Constitutional Rights.”
Because of her hard work and experience, Jean has an intimate understanding of the cannabis industry, its regulatory framework, and the prominent industry actors. Ms. Smith-Gonnell’s work has been highlighted in the Denver Post, Colorado Springs Independent, Westword, and Fox 31 News. She earned her J.D. degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Ms. Smith-Gonnell, a Colorado native, enjoys reading yoga and traveling. Like all of Hoban Law Group’s attorneys, Jean is committed to devoting a minimum of 10 percent of her time to pro bono and low cost legal services.
- Among the first attorneys in Colorado to develop specialized expertise in advising cannabis entrepreneurs and settling marijuana-related disputes.
- Mediator, arbitrator and civil litigator with twelve years of hands-on experience including settlements, trials, depositions, and appellate oral arguments.
- Extensive experience representing clients in real estate transactions, purchase and sale of businesses, and advising closely-held companies.
- Co-chair of the Colorado Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section and ADR Section Liaison to the Business Law Section
- Fellow of the Colorado Bar Foundation
Hoban Law Group— Denver, CO, Special Counsel, 8/10-present
- Since 2010, negotiated marijuana business deals with an aggregate value of tens of millions of dollars. Successfully settled dozens of marijuana disputes in the pre-litigation and litigation phases.
- Selected to 2014 Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Business Litigation.
- In 2013, obtained aggregate judgments of over $2,000,000.00 in three separate marijuana-related disputes. Successfully negotiated post-trial settlements of two hotly disputed marijuana cases.
- Advocated for marijuana entrepreneurs in several cutting-edge cases before the Colorado Court of Appeals.
- Extensive experience advising closely-held companies in diverse industries, closing real estate transactions, and handling corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Obtained 40-hour mediator certificate in February of 2014.
- Currently advising Mesa County Board of County Commissioners on reform and simplification of Land Development Code. Includes meeting with staff and community stakeholders and leading focus group discussions.