ATAI is a Berlin, New York, and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Location: remote or in our New York Office
- The opportunity to participate in the company’s success via a share option plan
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- An entry point to a successful career in life sciences
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- A great office and co-working space in Krausenstraße Berlin Stadtmitte, Mindspace (optional if you are based in Berlin)
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- Treasury Management
- Responsibility for IPO readiness project execution
- Experience in transitioning finance operations from a private to public company
- Oversee all the financial planning and analysis functions across the organization. Manage budget and actuals.
- Provide a regular cadence of management reporting/updates
- Set direction and deliverables for internal teams and external partners within tight time frames.
- Develop frameworks and tools for project planning and management
- Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
- Risk and Issue Management, including the corporate insurance program
- Budget, schedule and scope management for programs
- KPI development and tracking
- Challenge the status quo and foster transparency and continuous learning
- You graduated from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record with a finance degree
- 10-15+ years of hands-on leadership and experience in relevant financial modeling, analysis, and reporting with a proven track record of forecasting and budgeting
- Experience in the bio-pharma industry required
- Extensive experience developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets and creating insightful, actionable reporting and measurement protocols.
- Track record of managing business intelligence resources and the application of data analytics to forecast trends and outcomes.
- Understanding of the role of finance as a business partner and the ability to influence the organization.
- You have a strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- You are passionate about creating spot-on analyses and strong recommendations for the C-Level
- You are highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- You are willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – Apply today via the “Apply for this Job” – button on the top right. Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid US work permit.