Here’s the abstract…..it’ll cost $US99 and the publication date is 14 April
California is the world’s biggest and most important cannabis market. It’s also among the most challenging and expensive to navigate. To compete, businesses must contend with a complex regulatory environment, high taxes and a illicit market which can consistently undersell licensed competitors.
WeedWeek’s Guide to the California Cannabis Industry is a detailed overview of the market, featuring insights and best practices from some of the leading figures in California’s cannabis space.
Written by WeedWeek editor and publisher Alex Halperin, LeafLink executive Jesse Taylor says, “For anyone considering either lending or investing in the California cannabis market, this is absolutely essential reading.” We think operators and other professionals will value it as well.
The report includes:
– A market overview plus a look at the early impact of the Covid-19 crisis
– Data from an exclusive 26-question survey of 400 California consumers focused on what, where, why and how they buy cannabis. The survey was commissioned by WeedWeek and conducted by SoapBox Sample. Customers who pre-order the report before April 14 will also receive the raw data broken down by age, sex and region.
-Exclusive interviews with:
1) Clark Howell Cannabis Attorney Ariel Clark on what her clients are facing
2) United Food and Commercial Worker organizer Jackie Cornejo on organized labor and cannabis
3) Harborside co-founder Steve DeAngelo on why he opened a shop in Desert Hot Springs
4) State Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer on legislative relief
5) Berkeley Patients Group co-founder Etienne Fontan on the current state of “over-regulated chaos”
6) Caliva CEO Dennis O’Malley on the benefits of being in Silicon Valley
7) NUG CEO John Oram on why he’s vertically integrated
8) Fyllo Chief Strategy Officer Amanda Ostrowitz on taxes and regulations
9) Cat Packer, Executive Director of Los Angeles’ Department of Cannabis Regulation, on taming the world’s largest metropolitan market
10) Poseidon Asset Management‘s Emily Paxhia on what she’s looking for in portfolio companies
11) California Cannabis Industry Association executive director Lindsay Robinson on what the industry needs
12) Flow Kana CEO Michael Steinmetz on the promise of inter-state trade
13) Wana Brands CEO Nancy Whiteman on arriving in California
14) PUREXTRACTS CEO Adam Yader on the past and future of concentrates
-Approximately 65 Pages
-Researched and written by WeedWeek Editor and Publisher Alex Halperin