Title: First Women Run Hemp Equity Fund Announced
Author: Cannabis Business Times
Date: 8 May 2018
Extract: May 8, 2018 – Los Angeles, Calif. – PRESS RELEASE – The High Finance Fund is a $20 million global equity fund investing in the industrial hemp industry. It’s managed by Wendy Robbins and Karen Paull, the producers of Amazon Prime’s popular series “The Marijuana Show.” The High Finance Fund will be the first women run equity fund focused on the industrial hemp and cannabis industry. The High Finance Fund is supported by advisors, like Bob Hoban and Brent Johnson of the Hoban Law Group, and a team of expert fund managers and administrators who have a proven track record of managing billion dollar equity funds.
Title: 10 New Facts About Marijuana You Probably Don’t Know
Date: 18 May 2018
Here are 10 facts we’ve learned recently about cannabis you probably don’t know:
1. There are more marijuana dispensaries in Colorado than Starbucks or McDonald’s locations.
2. Iceland has the highest percentage of marijuana users in the world with 18.3 percent of the population using cannabis.
3. California, Kentucky, Hawaii, Tennessee and Washington grow 80 percent of America’s marijuana.
4. California cannabis growers use nine percent of the state’s household electricity, and 15 percent of its water consumption.
5. You would need to smoke 1,500 pounds of marijuana in 15 minutes to die, and even then it wouldn’t be due to an overdose but rather carbon monoxide poisoning.
6. Since 2015, marijuana has been the fastest growing industry in the United States. If it becomes legal in all 50 states, it will become larger than the organic food market.
7. According to the UN, about four percent of the world uses marijuana.
8. Every day, 6,000 Americans try cannabis for the first time.
9. The amount of money made off cannabis crops (both legal and illegal) is greater than the money made off corn and wheat crops combined.
10. There are four people in the United States who get free marijuana courtesy of the federal government.
Title: Lompoc, California: The ‘Free Market’ Cannabis Plan to Reshape a Small Town’s Economy
Author: Cannabis Now
Date: 24 May 2018
Lompoc is one of the only cities in California proposing no caps on cannabis licenses and no local taxes on cannabis products, but an opposition movement wants to do away with the plan entirely. The small, formerly anti-marijuana Central Coast city is a perfect case study in “free market” cannabis legalization. Lompoc native Angela Bacca traveled home to get the full story.
Title: Legal cannabis a growing industry in Skagway, Alaska
Date: 24 May 2018
Tiffany Metz runs her hands through rows of marijuana plants she’s grown with her partner, Coop Briody, in Skagway, Alaska.
“Give them some interaction — like I’m a little bird or a little mouse, out in the wilderness,” said Metz, describing how she cares for the 100 plants she cultivates, in a re-purposed sea container on her property.
Briody and Metz’s grow operation — named Coyote and Toad’s Garden, after their childhood nicknames — has been fully operational for a year now. The business supplies five recreational cannabis store across Alaska, including one in Skagway.