The County of Santa Cruz is seeking applicants for a complement of hearing officers who will serve to conduct administrative hearings on cases which may include issues related to land-use, cannabis, tobacco, animal nuisance, mobile home parks, street naming or other issues as identified in the Santa Cruz County Code. Hearing officers are paid $125 per hour. Administrative Hearing Officers would:
- Conduct Administrative Hearings in which there is generally conflicting evidence.
- Render a written decision to all parties based on the evidence presented at the hearing.
- Ensure all hearings are conducted fairly and safeguard the rights of all parties.
- Provide own clerical support as needed.
- Working knowledge of judicial procedures and the rules of evidence;
- Working knowledge of the principles of civil, constitutional and administrative law;
- Working knowledge of statutes and codes applicable to civil procedures;
- Some knowledge of precedent decisions concerning land use and/or rent control issues, cannabis issues, animal control issues, and/or tobacco sales restrictions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County officials and the general public;
- Membership in the California State Bar and at least five (5) years of full-time experience as an attorney practicing general civil law.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $125.00 per hour
- attorney: 5 years (Required)
- One location