A California marijuana distribution company plans to file a lawsuit soon over what its attorney alleges is a “conspiracy” between the state Highway Patrol and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security involving the seizure of a large amount of cash.Read More
Category: Cannabis Law News
Department of Revenue’s Marijuana Enforcement Division, Department of Agriculture, and Department of Public Health and Environment – Industry Bulletin – Testing
The Department of Revenue’s Marijuana Enforcement Division, Department of Agriculture, and
Department of Public Health and Environment (collectively “the Departments”) jointly issue this industry
bulletin regarding the scope and extent of permitted testing on industrial hemp by retail marijuana testing facility licensees.
Applications are organized by county of the proposed premises and include any applications within a municipality within that county.Read More
Oregon: Press Release – OLCC Commission Upholds Administrative Law Decision on Marijuana License Suspension
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission today accepted the findings of an Oregon administrative law judge upholding the immediate temporary suspension of an OLCC licensed marijuana retailer in Benton County. The OLCC temporarily suspended the license of the Corvallis Cannabis Club on June 15, 2018 after it became the subject of a federal criminal investigation.Read More
Deloitte Press Release: Deloitte advised Aurora Cannabis Inc. on its investment in Agropro UAB and Borela UAB
How things have changed. 18 months ago a big 4 firm wouldn’t have been working on a cannabis deal and if they had they wouldn’t have been so public about it.Read More
One one hand the Health Ministry seems to support harsh sentencing whilst Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad has said that the government should review Muhammad’s sentence. Permatang Pauh MP Nurul Izzah seeks a pardon for Muhammad and Water, Land and Natural Resources Minister Dr Xavier Jayakumar is poised to take the issue of medical marijuana law reform to the Cabinet.Read More
It’s too good to be true. We’ll believe it when we see it.Read More
MJ Biz Reports, “A part-owner and operator of two medical marijuana dispensaries in Oregon was sentenced to seven months in prison Monday, marking what a prosecutor called the country’s first federal sentencing of a legal MJ business owner for tax crimes. Matthew Price also was ordered to pay $262,776 in restitution to the Internal Revenue Service during sentencing in federal court in Portland, according to The Oregonian.”Read More
South Africa’s Constitutional Court Upholds Western Cape High Court Ruling on Adult Use of Cannabis in Private
South Africa’s top court says adults can use marijuana in private. The Constitutional Court on Tuesday upheld the provincial court’s ruling in a case involving Gareth Prince, who advocates the decriminalization of the drug. The court has given parliament 24 months to change the law to reflect its ruling.Read More
Julian Stobbs, from the non-profit organisation Fields of Green for All, says that they hope the Constitutional Court will uphold the Western Cape High Court ruling.Read More
Health Minister Meegan Fitzharris would not rule out supporting the bill.Read More
Radio Free Europe reports….”A draft law proposed by the ruling Georgia Dream party was introduced in the South Caucasian country’s parliament this week that would allow the growth of marijuana for the express purpose of exporting it for pharmaceutical and cosmetic use.”Read More
Labor backbencher Michael Pettersson will introduce a bill that would effectively legalise cannabis for personal use, when the ACT’s parliament resumes sitting this week. Reports The Canberra Times.Read More
Malaysian Court Hands Down Death Sentence To Man Convicted Of Distributing Cannabis Oil As Medicine For Free
Talking Drugs.com reports , “On 30 August, the Shah Alam High Court sentenced Muhammad Lukman to death by hanging, after he was convicted of possessing, processing, and distributing cannabis oil. Three litres of cannabis oil and 279 grams of compressed cannabis were found in his home, according to local sources.”Read More
In 2016, Katelin Noffsinger filed suit against Bride Brook Health and Rehabilitation Center, a federal contractor, after a job offer was rescinded following a positive test for cannabis on a pre-employment drug test.Read More
They are asking the Arizona Supreme Court to consider their argument that there is no legal difference between marijuana edibles, liquids, dried flowers or leaves.Read More
They write: “A new Ninth Circuit ruling confronts the clash between federal and state marijuana laws. “If [Charles] Lynch was not compliant with state law, he is not covered by the rider and is subject to the penalties of his conviction,” the Ninth Circuit said.”Read More
The state’s efforts to shut down nearly 100 medical marijuana dispensaries across the state until the businesses are approved for a license hit a speed bump Thursday when a state Court of Claims judge approved an injunction against the closures.Read More
In a recommended order issued August 30, U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Clarke found the lawsuit shouldn’t move forward. The primary reason: Clarke found an Oregon county can’t sue the state over a state law. Next stop will be a District Court Judge.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical […]
- People v. Bylsma (Byslma I)
493 Mich. 17, 825 N.W.2d 543 (Mich. 2012)A group of caregivers cannot act as a […]
- Charter Township of York v. Miller
No. 335344, 2018 WL 472187 (Mich. Ct. App. 2018)While Michigan Medical Marihuana Act […]
- Emerald Enterprises LLC v. Clark County
413 P.3d 92 (Wash. Ct. App. 2018)Washington’s Uniform Controlled Substances Act […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- What Are the Issues Surrounding the Legalization of Recreational Cannabis for the Damage Insurance Industry?
- Cannabis Producers – The Cannabis Regulations Have Now Been Published
- The Federal Cannabis Bill Has Been Adopted – Next Step: Implementation
- Why an Employer Should Review Its Internal Policies in Light of Bill C-45?
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
- September 25 - September 26
- September 26 - September 29
- September 26
- September 27 - September 28
- October 10 - October 11
Wild Rivers Transport To File Law Suit After CHP & Homeland Security "Conspiracy" https://t.co/dZpiBGgDZJLoad More...
Wild Rivers Transport To File Law Suit After CHP & Homeland Security "Conspiracy" https://t.co/dZpiBGgDZJ
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Lane Powell Bolsters Cannabis Team With Additions in Washington and Oregon
- Judge Recommends Dismissal of Josephine County Marijuana Suit Against the State of Oregon
- Federal Study on Cannabis Raises More Questions Than It Answers
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?
- The US Cannabis Market: New Promise, Persistent Constraints
Hoban Law Group Blog
- New York legalization update, CBD is getting more popular in Alaska,...
- Manhattan DA's office drops more than 3,000 open marijuana cases....
- Kentucky Farmers Find Hemp More Profitable Than Tobacco, Utah...
- Cannabis Legalization in New York: What the State’s New Study is...
- Cuomo Appoints Panel To Move Forward Marijuana Legalization In New...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Future Farm Announces Grant of Stock Options
- CROP’S California Harvest Continues With More Positive Test Results
- BlissCo Cannabis Corp. Now Trading on the OTCQB as HSTRF
- Pure Global Cannabis Announces Listing on Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- BLOCKStrain Enters Into Technology Partnership, Investment, with...
Green Market Report
Cannabis Law Journal
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018
- WHO Issues Glowing Report of CBD But Gets the Law Wrong- A Legal Analysis
- New Jersey Cannabis Update: Federalism, Fiscal In-Fighting, and the FDA
- PA/NJ Cannabis: Protected Cannabis Testing
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Tides of Perception
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS CANNABIS
- IP Protection Spotlight: Canopy Growth
- California Cannabis Applicants and Licensees Should Be Entitled to Representation
- California: IRC Sec. 280E and Transportation
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?
Cheap Home Grow
- Which One Is Better? Synthetic Versus Organic Cannabis
- Start Growing Cannabis With Marc Emmelmann of Green Carpet Growing
- Frenchy Cannoli: The Man That Reinvented Cannabis Hash
- Growing at Home: How Green Goddess Supply Intends to Change the Experience
- Beginner Tips and Tricks For Growing Cannabis With Rob Smith