Louisiana’s State Board of Medical Examiners voted 8-1 to remove a cap established in 2016 that limited physicians to 100 medical marijuana patients. People seeking the treatment pushed elimination of the cap, worried they will have difficulty getting the medication when it becomes available later this year, estimated around November.Read More
Category: Medical Cannabis News
The French National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) has tasked the committee with….Read More
Article In Korea’s Biomedical Review Details Growing Debate Over CBD’s & Medical Cannabis In The Country
Interesting piece about the growing debate in Korea and the fact that online purchase of CBD products in Japan and China are relatively simple and in the case of China very cheap.Read More
New Study Due For October Publication Says Medical Marijuana States Have Lower Rates Of Workplace Death
Thanks to Andrew Sacks of SWD for highlighting this interesting study,Read More
But then again.. be warned unless you have an official prescription it isn’t easy either.Read More
“Political parties have united around a campaign to see a proposed new law allowing the prescription of medicinal cannabis extended to Northern Ireland.” Says a media report.Read More
The London-based pharmaceutical company, GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH), today announced the release of its financial results for the quarter ending on June 30, 2018.Read More
Hold your breath and breathe out deeply…”$32,500 per year. Company representatives said in a phone call with investors this week that the cost reflects that of other epilepsy medications. Patients should expect a wait time of about three weeks between when a physician prescribes the medication to when they actually receive the drug.”Read More
“Patients can just seek it out on their own, they won’t have to find another doctor or to go to a cannabis clinic. They can go down to the dispensary and see if it works for themselves.”Read More
The BMJ write in their editorial, “Last week’s recognition by the UK government that cannabis has medicinal value and should be available on prescription is an important step (doi:10.1136/bmj.k3290). It offers the hope of potentially safe and effective treatment for thousands of children and adults with conditions that are currently beyond the help of licensed drugs, and it brings the UK in line with 40 other countries and 29 US states where medicinal use of cannabis is already legal. It also greatly opens up the prospects for research.”Read More
Health Minister Giulia Grillo vowed in a Facebook post to ramp up the country’s marijuana production capacity.Read More
The Tampa Bay Times reports, “Christian Bax, the embattled director of the state’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use, is resigning after a three-year stint marked by rule-making delays, rocky litigation and continued criticism over patients’ problems accessing the drug since medical cannabis was broadly legalized more than a year ago.”Read More
“Legal restrictions on the grounds that cannabis has no therapeutic use have impeded research, says M P Barnes, but evidence shows cannabinoids may have benefit in several indications, calling for doctors to be allowed to prescribe the drug as they can in many other countries”Read More
This article has been accepted for publication and undergone full peer review but has not been through the copyediting, typesetting, pagination and proofreading process, which may lead to differences between this version and the Version of Record. Please cite this article as doi: 10.1111/bph.14426.Read More
The UK The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) Review Says Medical Cannabis Should Be Placed In Schedule 2
The Home Secretary Javid said: “I am grateful to the chief medical adviser for her review of the medicinal and therapeutic benefits of cannabis and to the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs for their short-term advice on scheduling. I am carefully considering both recommendations and will make a decision shortly.”Read More
Mea Culpa, this bypassed us last week. “The agency overseeing Oregon’s medical marijuana industry conceded in a report it has not provided effective oversight of growers and others in the industry, creating opportunities for cannabis to be diverted to the black market”Read More
USA Article For Cannabis Law Report: Availability of Medical Insurance Coverage for Medical Cannabis Patients
Thankyou to Gene @ Stark & Stark and Rebecca at Greenberg Law Firm LLP for this article. With medical marijuana legal in 30 states and Washington, DC, plus the United States territories Guam and Puerto Rico and with almost two-thirds of the country having access to medical marijuana and just over 2.2 million patients nationwide, the clinical research on the health benefits and healing properties of the cannabis plant is contributing to the growing empirical studies and evidence supporting the use of marijuana as an effective medicine.Read More
NY Dept of Health Report: Assessment Of The Potential Impact Of Regulated Marijuana In New York State
Published: July 2018, “In his January 2018 budget address, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo called for an assessment of the possible impact of regulating marijuana in New York State (NYS). The Governor directed NYS agencies to evaluate the health, public safety, and economic impact of legalizing marijuana. The experience of legalized marijuana in surrounding states was identified as an important issue to consider in the impact assessment”Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical […]
- People v. Bylsma (Byslma I)
493 Mich. 17, 825 N.W.2d 543 (Mich. 2012)A group of caregivers cannot act as a […]
- Charter Township of York v. Miller
No. 335344, 2018 WL 472187 (Mich. Ct. App. 2018)While Michigan Medical Marihuana Act […]
- Emerald Enterprises LLC v. Clark County
413 P.3d 92 (Wash. Ct. App. 2018)Washington’s Uniform Controlled Substances Act […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- What Are the Issues Surrounding the Legalization of Recreational Cannabis for the Damage Insurance Industry?
- Cannabis Producers – The Cannabis Regulations Have Now Been Published
- The Federal Cannabis Bill Has Been Adopted – Next Step: Implementation
- Why an Employer Should Review Its Internal Policies in Light of Bill C-45?
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
- September 25 - September 26
- September 26 - September 29
- September 26
- September 27 - September 28
- October 10 - October 11
Wild Rivers Transport To File Law Suit After CHP & Homeland Security "Conspiracy" https://t.co/dZpiBGgDZJLoad More...
Wild Rivers Transport To File Law Suit After CHP & Homeland Security "Conspiracy" https://t.co/dZpiBGgDZJ
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Lane Powell Bolsters Cannabis Team With Additions in Washington and Oregon
- Judge Recommends Dismissal of Josephine County Marijuana Suit Against the State of Oregon
- Federal Study on Cannabis Raises More Questions Than It Answers
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?
- The US Cannabis Market: New Promise, Persistent Constraints
Hoban Law Group Blog
- New York legalization update, CBD is getting more popular in Alaska,...
- Manhattan DA's office drops more than 3,000 open marijuana cases....
- Kentucky Farmers Find Hemp More Profitable Than Tobacco, Utah...
- Cannabis Legalization in New York: What the State’s New Study is...
- Cuomo Appoints Panel To Move Forward Marijuana Legalization In New...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Future Farm Announces Grant of Stock Options
- CROP’S California Harvest Continues With More Positive Test Results
- BlissCo Cannabis Corp. Now Trading on the OTCQB as HSTRF
- Pure Global Cannabis Announces Listing on Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- BLOCKStrain Enters Into Technology Partnership, Investment, with...
Green Market Report
Cannabis Law Journal
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018
- WHO Issues Glowing Report of CBD But Gets the Law Wrong- A Legal Analysis
- New Jersey Cannabis Update: Federalism, Fiscal In-Fighting, and the FDA
- PA/NJ Cannabis: Protected Cannabis Testing
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Tides of Perception
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS CANNABIS
- IP Protection Spotlight: Canopy Growth
- California Cannabis Applicants and Licensees Should Be Entitled to Representation
- California: IRC Sec. 280E and Transportation
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?
Cheap Home Grow
- Which One Is Better? Synthetic Versus Organic Cannabis
- Start Growing Cannabis With Marc Emmelmann of Green Carpet Growing
- Frenchy Cannoli: The Man That Reinvented Cannabis Hash
- Growing at Home: How Green Goddess Supply Intends to Change the Experience
- Beginner Tips and Tricks For Growing Cannabis With Rob Smith