They write, “The country saw 568 medical cannabis approvals in November, a 42% increase on-month, bringing the total number of approvals for the first 11 months of 2018 to 2,072, according to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), which regulates medical marijuana in Australia.”Read More
Category: Medical Cannabis News
The Cannabis Access Clinic in Subiaco aims to streamline the access to medicinal cannabis with health professionals proficient in the area.Reports WA Today.Read More
Press Report: “The right blend”: $1 billion medicinal cannabis industry set to boom in South Australia
Leaders from the medicinal cannabis industry met in Adelaide this past week to discuss the future of the drug in Australia.Read More
Patients in Jersey will be able to get medical cannabis from all doctors after politicians voted to change the law. says BBC report
“I cannot see a logic in restricting prescriptions to hospital consultants, which narrows the pool of expertise, particularly in Jersey.Read More
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has awarded $2.7 million in grant funding for two research studies to investigate the potential therapeutic uses of marijuana.
Both research studies are random controlled trials, the type of research considered to be the “gold standard” in the scientific community. One study will research marijuana as a treatment for chronic spine pain and will evaluate its use as a therapy to reduce prescription opioid use. The other will research the efficacy and safety of cannabidiol (CBD) to treat children with autism spectrum disorder.Read More
Israeli business publication, Globes, writes, “With the aid of a survey by Cann10 of the Shizim group, in collaboration with Deloitte and crowdfunding platform OurCrowd carried out in advance of an international conference held two weeks ago, “Globes” presents here the areas of activity and the outstanding companies in the cannabis industry, and analyzes the forces at work in the market.”Read More
Petition against “cruel” and “ridiculous” guidance on access to medicinal cannabis attracts 400 000 signatures
The BMJ reports….. The parents of severely epileptic children have launched a campaign to try to get the strict new guidelines for the provision of medicinal cannabis revised after some found that doctors were reluctant to prescribe the recently legalised medication.Read More
All the state’s major physician groups—including the Kansas City Medical Society, of which Mammen is president—opposed every marijuana measure on the ballot. Reports Medical Xpress.com.Read More
To alleviate suffering for thousands of Texas patients, Senator Jose Menendez filed Senate Bill 90, a comprehensive and compassionate medical cannabis bill. If passed, Texas would become the 33rd state to offer medical cannabis for qualifying patients. The proposed legislation would increase the number of debilitating medical conditions that qualify for the Texas Compassionate Use Program (T.CUP). Senate Bill 90 would also allow doctors to treat medical cannabis like any other medicine.Read More
Polish pharmacists will be allowed to treat people with cannabis after the drug was legalised for medicinal purposes. Under new regulations that came into force on Wednesday cannabis from imported plants can be processed at Polish pharmacies – as long as it has been logged with the country’s Office for Registration of Medical Products.Read More
Lear isn’t a half bad analogy for the state of the UK medical cannabis “situation”. We say..”Howl, howl, howl, howl! Oh, you men are made of stone! If I were you with eyes and a tongue to speak with, I’d crack heaven wide open with my laments!” The Citech Compliance Team write… “It’s been only one week, but already there are a total of ZERO new medical cannabis patients in the UK. “Read More
It became legal for doctors to prescribe cannabis based drugs on 1 November. But who will be able to issue these products, for what conditions, and what’s the evidence? Nigel Hawkes reportsRead More
Ganjapreneur report…Medical cannabis patients are abandoning the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) at a rapid pace, the Associated Press reports. The number of state-registered medical cannabis patients has plummeted 41 percent in the last year, from 59,137 in to 34,892. Likewise, the number of sanctioned medical cannabis growers has also dropped at least 40 percent in the last year, from 23,175 to 13,959.Read More
Canopy hope the UK Home office is paying attention to its press releases ! “Spectrum Cannabis, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED)(NYSE: CGC), joins UK patients, researchers and clinicians in applauding today’s first prescriptions of medicinal cannabis. From today, patients with exceptional clinical need in England, Wales and Scotland will be prescribed cannabis-based medicines by specialist clinicians for the first time.”Read More
Leafly reports.. It’s apparently taken a while for word of the move to get to the US. Javier Hesse, a staff writer at the financial website Benzinga who reported the news on Monday, quotes an official government document that suggests the legal change began more than a month ago:Read More
The Department of of Health has announced that Rhode Island families can now access medical marijuana to treat autism. The decision was issued this week after a petition was filed in April to add autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to the list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana.Read More
Lithuania’s parliament on Thursday passed a law that will allow doctors to prescribe marijuana-based medicine in the Baltic EU state.Read More
Press Release: American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association to Host Second Annual Conference in Orlando
The American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association announces its second annual conference will take place Oct. 12-14 at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. The AMMPA Annual Conference is one of the largest conferences in the nation dedicated to physician education and the utilization of medical cannabis as an alternative treatment option.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Harrison v. Small
No. CV277077 (Cal. Ct. App. 2017)The removal of a former tenant’s property in a unit previously used for growing marijuana was permitted, after […]
- Kent County Prosecuting Attorney v. City of Grand Rapids
No. 316442 (Mich. Ct. App. 2015)An amendment to the city charter of the City of Grand Rapids which decriminalized marijuana was not preempted by […]
- KAB, LLC v. USPS
P.S. Docket No. MLB 18-39 (USPS 2018)CBD derived from plant matter that meets the Farm Bill’s definition of industrial hemp (containing less […]
- Noffsinger v. SSC Niantic Operating Co. (Noffsinger II)
No. 3:16-CV-01938, 2018 WL 4224075 (D. Conn. 2018)Employers are subject to the anti-discrimination provision of Connecticut’s Palliative Use of […]
- Cossins v. Josephine County
Cossins v. Josephine County, LUBA No. 2017-122 ( 2018)County failed to provide landowners with proper notice before adopting an ordinance limiting […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- Cannabis and Trademarks: CIPO Updates its Goods and Services Manual
- New Rules on Staff Training for Cannabis Retail Sales and Information to Provide to Consumers
- Quebec’s National Assembly Is Already Debating a Draft Bill to Tighten the Cannabis Regulation Act
- Cannabis: Imminent Arrival of the 90-Day Deadline for Modifying a Residential Lease
- January 23 - January 24
- January 24 @ 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm UTC+0
- February 12 - February 13
- March 31 - April 2
- April 1 @ 8:00 am - April 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Odor Issues Are Moving to the Forefront as More States Allow Recreational Cannabis
- Tax Court Takes Second (and Even Larger) Bite From the Cannabis Tax Planning Apple
- Banking and Hemp: The Effect of the New Farm Act
- The Morning After: Remaining Methods for Determining Cost of Goods Sold Following Harborside
- Ready or Not . . .
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Facebook Reverses Course with Pages Related to Hemp and CBD
- Facebook reverses course. Hemp updates for Illinois, Colorado and...
- Cannabis Trends We Should All Be Watching in 2019
- Oregon could be the first state to allow cannabis exports, Government...
- The Farm Bill is Signed, Hemp is Now a Legal Agricultural Commodity,...
CFN Media Group Blog
- WeedMD and BLOCKStrain Launch the Industry’s First Cannabis...
- Relevium To Host Screenings of Documentary “Weed The People”...
- Tilray® and Authentic Brands Group Sign Global Revenue Sharing...
- Canopy Growth receives New York State hemp licence and will establish...
- Flower One Provides Corporate Update and Outlines Approach to...
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: January 15, 2018
- Leafly and Flowhub Partner to Deliver Real-Time Cannabis Menus Online
- Solving For CBD’s Funky Taste Before Beverages Can Go Mainstream
- Tilray Signs $100 Million Deal With Authentic Brands Group
- The Daily Hit: January 14, 2019
- Caliva Partners with Best-In-Class Emulsion Technology Provider
- KCSA Recognized as Top Cannabis Ancillary Business of 2018 in the Cannabis Industry by Cannabis Business Executive
- Aurora Acquires Organic Cannabis Company Whistler In All Stock Deal Valued At C$175 Million
- Cannabis Consolidation Works In Flowhub’s Favor
- Cannabis Company Fourth Quarter Index Ends 2018 On A Sour Note
Cannabis Law Journal
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Transparent Cannabis
- The Role of Kovel Accountants in California’s Regulated Cannabis Industry
- WHO Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Closed Door Sessions May Result In International Cannabis Re-Scheduling
- Commercialization of Legalized Cannabis: A Synopsis
- South Korea First
- Is CBD Legal? Let’s Set the Record Straight
- California’s Cannabis Cluster…..
- A Little More Country, But Getting Ready To Rock & Roll
- “Hemp Testing 101: Analytical Testing Protocols Explained and Evaluated”
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018