Welcoming new NICE guidance on cannabis-based medicinal products published today, RPS Chief Scientist Gino Martini said: “It’s excellent news for patients that two cannabis-based medicines, Sativex and Epidyolex, for epilepsy and multiple sclerosis, have been approved for use by the NHS in England.Read More
Category: Medical Cannabis News
UK: Survey Suggests That As Many As 1.4 Million Purchasing Illegal Cannabis To Treat “Chronic Conditions”
More than half (56 per cent) of those using cannabis for their conditions did so on a daily basis, with a further 23 per cent on a weekly basis. 1 in 10 (9 per cent) spent nothing on cannabis implying they grow the drug themselves. Some 44 per cent spent up to £99 per month, with a further 21 per cent spending between £100 and £199.Read More
Western Australia said it will allow general practitioners to prescribe medical marijuana without the need for referral to a specialist. WA Health Minister Roger Cook says the changes brought WA closer into line with other states and territories.Read More
Georgia’s top elected leaders moved forward Tuesday with a program to provide medical marijuana to the state’s 15,000 registered patients, nearly seven months after Gov. Brian Kemp signed it into law.. Still, it could take time before regulations are approved, licenses are issued, medical marijuana is grown and products are sold.Read More
Epidyolex has been approved for two rare types of epilepsy, Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes, while the spray Sativex has been recommended for muscle spasms in multiple sclerosis (MS).Read More
Situated at La Trobe University, the facility seeks to optimise production of active components in medicinal plants and identify their potential mode of action in various diseases.Read More
Project backed by Royal College of Psychiatrists aims to be largest on drug’s use in Europe. Writes the Guardian.Read More
Research: Preliminary medical marijuana research shows promise in lessening opioid use, but needs to be confirmed by more studies
The analysis focused on seven studies, five of which concluded medical marijuana may be associated with benefits such as: decreased opioid overdose rates, decreased opioid use, improved quality of life and improved pain control. Says a press release published 20 October.Read More
The German government have disclosed the six most-reported diagnoses for which medical cannabis has been prescribed and covered by statutory health insurersRead More
Medicinal cannabis approvals surged in 2019, but the AMA says there’s still not enough proof that it works. Reports the ABCRead More
Olivier Véran, deputy of the French National Assembly has submitted an amendment to the Social Security Financing Bill (Projet de loi de financement de la Sécurité sociale, or PLFSS) that is critical to secure funding for the proposed national medical cannabis experiment. Reports MJ Biz.Read More
The Doctor website in NZ reports……For the second time in as many months, medicinal cannabis supplies in New Zealand have been depleted. 2 of the main Cannabidiol (CBD) products generally available in New Zealand are out of stock. Neither of the products are expected to have stock until the end of November at the earliest. These products are from different sources, with both Swiss and Canadian products affected.Read More
Maryland’s latest medical cannabis licensing round has been delayed due to an allegedly flawed application process that blocked many applicants from submitting all of the necessary materials on time.Read More
First up we are presuming that “Epidyolex” as reported by both the BBC & The Guardian is “Epidiolex” branded for the European market.
In their full press release we have re-published below they do note the two brand names but it isn’t 100% clear that they are one and the same thing? We’re presuming both names “Epidyolex” & “Epidiolex” refer to exactly the same product and the former is the US product name and the latter the European brand name.
In the position paper, the Academy acknowledges that preliminary evidence indicates marijuana and cannabinoids “may have potential therapeutic benefits,” but they may also have a negative impact on health. “Family physicians can help inform their patients about the complex interplay and emerging evidence surrounding the potential benefits and harms of marijuana and cannabinoid use, helping them to make healthy decisions about its use,” said Beth Anne Fox, M.D., M.P.H., of Kingsport, Tenn., who, as a member of the AAFP’s Commission of the Health of the Public and Science, led development of the position paper.Read More
Cayman Islands: Medical Practice With Medical Cannabis & CBD Products Raided By Customs and Border Control
(CNS): Customs and Border Control (CBC) officers raided Doctors Express, a medical practice in George Town, on Wednesday evening and seized “a large quantity of CBD (Cannabis) oils/vapes”, even though all the doctors at the clinic are registered practitioners. No arrests have been made and CBC Director Charles Clifford has said that because it is an active investigation, “no further comment will be made at this stage”. But CNS understands that the bust may have been triggered as a result of a misunderstanding over the law.Read More
Background Previous studies have associated marijuana exposure with increased respiratory symptoms and chronic bronchitis among long-term cannabis smokers.The long-term effects of smoked marijuana on lung function remain unclear.Read More
On 5 September 2019, Professor John McMillan AO’s Final Report (Report) on the operation of the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967 (ND Act) was tabled in Parliament. Section 26A of the ND Act required the Minister to cause a review of the operation of the ND Act to be undertaken.Read More
To distribute its GMP products to pharma customers, including hospitals, health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and all pharmacies in Israel….Read More
Medical marijuana may not yet be legal at the federal level, but in the state of Florida and certain other states, you can get an ID card for medical MMJ.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
NACB Latest News
- Tech Company Focuses on Providing More Effective Plant-Based Medicines
RYAH is a data analytics company specializing in the medical cannabis industry. Discover how they help patients with their IoT cannabis devices! The post Tech Company Focuses on Providing More […]
- Bernie Sanders Wants To Legalize Marijuana Nationwide During First 100 Days In Office
Whether you follow politics or not, Bernie Sanders has a plan to legalize marijuana nationwide if he becomes president. Here's how it would work. The post Bernie Sanders Wants To Legalize Marijuana […]
- Canada To Roll Out Second Wave of Legal Cannabis Products
With marijuana legalization in effect since October 2018, Canada is ready to tackle the edible cannabis debate. Check out these new CA cannabis products! The post Canada To Roll Out Second Wave of […]
- Your Vaping Experience Is Only As Good As Your Cartridge
With so many cannabis vaping products available how do you choose? From the latest technology to your health & safety, check out Velxtech cartridges first! The post Your Vaping Experience Is Only […]
- Cannabis Company Defining What It Means To Be Next-Generation Mom and Pop Business
Sparx is leading the cannabis industry with its sustainable cultivation practices and family-owned mom and pop business. Discover the Sparx motto now! The post Cannabis Company Defining What It Means […]
- Study: Can Medical Cannabis Laws Improve Health And Reduce Alcohol Use?
The call for legal cannabis might increase even more following a study showing the benefits of medical marijuana.
- Can Cannabis Help Redefine Capitalism?
The nascent industry has the potential to put values ahead of profits.
- Two Siblings Turn Their Mom's Cookie Recipe Into Cannabis Gold
These two siblings took their mother's chocolate chip recipe and turned it into the edible everyone wants more of.
- Inside the Invention of the Dose Dial
On the Green Entrepreneur Podcast, dosist CEO Gunner Winston shares the process behind their new product.
- How To Add Delivery Service To Your Cannabis Retail
Weed delivery services can bring in additional revenue, so here's what to do in order to implement the strategy.
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Cannabis Law Report Supports
Extinction Rebellion Earth
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Greenwood v. Green Leaf Lab LLC
No. 3:17-cv-00415-PK, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 125143 (D. Or. 2017)Despite marijuana’s illegality under federal law, employers in the marijuana […]
- Dewey v. Amazon.com, Inc.
C.A. No. K19C-02-001 (Del. Super. Ct. 2019)An employee’s claim of discrimination under the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act was required to be […]
- Bishop et al. v. City of Yukon
Case no. CV-2018-326 ( 2019)Oklahoma’s medical marijuana law places limitations on municipalities’ police power to regulate retail […]
- Albuquerque Public Schools v. Sledge
Civ. No. 18-1029 KK/LF (D.N.M. 2019)The Individuals with Disabilities Act (“IDEA”) does not require and cannot compel Albuquerque Public […]
- Pharmacann v. Ullery
No. 172, 173, 174, 183, 184 C.D. (Pa. Commw. Ct. 2019)A medical marijuana licensee in Pennsylvania was denied due process when it responded to a […]
- November 24 @ 8:00 am - November 26 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- December 9 @ 8:00 am - December 10 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- January 28, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 30, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- February 19, 2020 @ 8:00 am - February 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- March 29, 2020 @ 8:00 am - March 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
Judge Throws Out Cannabis Possession Case as state lab testifies in court it can’t tell difference between legal hemp and illegal marijuana https://cannabislaw.report/judge-throws-out-cannabis-possession-case-as-state-lab-testifies-in-court-it-cant-tell-difference-between-legal-hemp-and-illegal-marijuana/ Colorado Supreme Court Asked To Rule On, "Can A Judge Tell A Coloradan On Probation Not To Consume Medical Marijuana? " https://cannabislaw.report/colorado-supreme-court-asked-to-rule-on-can-a-judge-tell-a-coloradan-on-probation-not-to-consume-medical-marijuana/Load More...
Judge Throws Out Cannabis Possession Case as state lab testifies in court it can’t tell difference between legal hemp and illegal marijuana https://cannabislaw.report/judge-throws-out-cannabis-possession-case-as-state-lab-testifies-in-court-it-cant-tell-difference-between-legal-hemp-and-illegal-marijuana/
Colorado Supreme Court Asked To Rule On, "Can A Judge Tell A Coloradan On Probation Not To Consume Medical Marijuana? " https://cannabislaw.report/colorado-supreme-court-asked-to-rule-on-can-a-judge-tell-a-coloradan-on-probation-not-to-consume-medical-marijuana/
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Cannabis Corner: DEA Commander Turned Pot Co. Advocate
- Week In Review – November 8th-14th
- The Four Regulatory Lanes of the Cannabis Plant
- What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Holistic Pet Wellness And Hemp CBD
- Week In Review – November 1st-7th
- Hemp Industries Association® Conference Announces Sponsors And...
- Introducing Gateway Proven Strategies
CFN Media Group Blog
Green Market Report
- Trulieve Delivers Another Solid Quarter of Earnings
- Executive Spotlight: Diana Anglin
- The Daily Hit: November 18, 2019
- Sunniva Stock Plunges As Company’s President Resigns
- Acreage Buys New Jersey’s Compassionate Care For Undisclosed Amount
- MedMen Faces Reality, Slashes Employees, Scales Back Expansion
- Harvesting, Processing Hemp May Be Expensive For New Farmers
- Earnings Recap: Supreme, Village Farms and Jushi Holdings
- The Green Organic Dutchman Disappoints With Lower Than Expected Revenue
- Aurora Cannabis Shareholders Not Happy With Earnings
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands