Several Trump administration officials are headed to the U.S. Senate next week to answer questions about looming hemp and CBD rules. Reveals Hemp Industry DailyRead More
On July 10, 2019, the Georgia Department of Agriculture (“GDA”) released a Notice of Intent to Consider the Adoption of Hemp Growers and Processors Rules, and proposed Hemp Rules, as notification that the GDA will be accepting written comments regarding the adoption of Hemp Grower and Processors Rules. This notification is pursuant to the Georgia Hemp Farming Act that we previously reported was enacted on May 10, 2019 following the enactment of the 2018 Federal Farm Bill in December.Read More
CLEMSON — The South Carolina Department of Pesticide Regulation has approved a list of pesticides for use on hemp crops, removing a hurdle farmers have faced since the crop was cleared for production in the state earlier this year.Read More
Hemp Industry Daily Reports On States & CBD Rules. They Aren’t Waiting For The Feds, Just Getting On With Trying To Define A Regulatory Environment
“Hoping to resolve the legal confusion surrounding the selling of CBD products, states are starting to leapfrog federal health regulators and give hemp entrepreneurs permission to put cannabis extracts in food, drinks and dietary supplements.” Reports HIDRead More
They write, “the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources issued a statement that CBD could not be sold as a food additive or dietary supplement. The Department of Public Health echoed this as they issued guidance that said CBD could not be added to foods. In response, State Representative Mark Cusack introduced a new bill, HD 4339”Read More
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) met with the head of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday, urging him to develop regulations so that hemp-derived CBD can be lawfully marketed. Marijuana Moment has ReportedRead More
USDA spokesperson tells Marijuana Moment In An Email That August Will be Earliest For Release Of New Regs
The website reports, “The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offered new insights into its rulemaking process for hemp regulations in a notice published in the Federal Register on Monday.”Read More
Hemp Farmers In Massachusetts Worried About Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) Guidance on CBD product Sales In The State
The opportunity to grow hemp and process it into CBD products could be closing in Massachusetts. The Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR), which regulates the growing of hemp, this month issued guidance that effectively outlawed the sale of food products containing CBD, any product containing CBD that makes therapeutic claims, any product with hemp as a dietary supplement and any animal feed with hemp products. Reports Masslive.comRead More
Florida: Fried, Agriculture Commissioner of Florida, Says In Press Conference State’s Farmers Could Be Planting Hemp By Fall
Fried told a news conference that her office expects some changes following public feedback, but was optimistic planting wasn’t too far off. She believed a finalized set of rules would be ready for review in mid-July, then submitted to federal agriculture officials for approval.Read More
Published by “Carolina Cannabis Association” April 2019. 23ppRead More
OSU will make Oregon the fourth state to certify hemp seed for planting. Colorado, North Dakota and Tennessee have already done so.Read More
We thought that this might be a useful resource for those outside the state as well.Read More
““There’s been a huge development in the state with 3 or 4 hundred people who are interested in producing hemp, and it’s becoming more difficult for us with our low-key effort to keep up with that need. So, we approached ag administration and they also were feeling the pressure from people in the state with questions about hemp. So, we put together a package that supports this position for a number of years to sort of help this industry start up in the state. If it does get going we will look at a more long-term situation.””Read More
Murray River Organics (ASX:MRG) and Althea Group Holdings Limited (ASX:AGH) announced yesterday both had been granted hemp cultivation licences by the Victorian Government.(Australia)Read More
The United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Phoenix-based Hemp Industries Association (HIA)
The United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Phoenix-based Hemp Industries Association (HIA). The agreement is an effort to advance hemp extract product research, safety, identity and quality standards.Read More
Ganjapreneur reports, “A Minnesota hemp farmer is suing the state to protect his business and current hemp crop after police say they found hemp products from his farm containing THC that exceeded the 0.3 percent industrial hemp threshold.”Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Half-Baked: Edibles, Beverages and New Cannabis Products to Be Legalized and Regulated in 2019
- Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- Cannabis: Legal Age and Public Places – the Consultations Are Over
- New Cannabis Products: Changes Are Coming to the Federal Legal Framework in 2019
Cannabis Operating Plan Templates
- Make the Choice to Be Positive
Jon Gordon shares his thoughts on the value of positivity for professional sports teams and Fortune 500 companies. […]
- Post Malone Launches Shaboink Hemp Pre-Rolls and Announces Partnership With Icon Farms and Sherbinskis
Post Malone, singer and founder of hemp and cannabis brand Shaboink, announced a new product: American-grown hemp pre-rolls. […]
- What Are 'Google Penalties,' and Why Do You Need to Avoid Them?
Many businesses have been sunk by Google's algorithm updates. Don't become one of them. […]
- Research: Most U.S. Cannabis Cultivators Choose to Compete on Quality Rather Than Cost (Chart)
Many wholesale growers are focusing on cannabis quality, though market forces tend to favor those who reliably supply low-cost cannabis. […]
- How to Build a Community Around Your Brand
Jessica Abo sits down with the CEO and founder of everyday essentials brand GEM. […]
NACB Latest News
- NACB Passes Leading Lab Testing & Product Integrity Standard
New York - The NACB is proud to announce the adoption of its National Standards on Laboratory Testing and Product Integrity. These standards are designed to protect consumers and demonstrate to […]
- Indicas and Sativas...Oh My! What's the Difference?
Chances are good that when you venture into a cannabis dispensary and talk to a patient care specialist, you will be eventually be posed with the classic question: “Are you looking for an […]
- Cannabis Employment Symposium Hosted in LA
On March 28, 2019 the NACB and Vangst are teaming up to hold an all-day exclusive Symposium on Cannabis Employment - the event is taking place at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. This […]
- Cannabis: What’s Trust Got To Do With It?
At the NACB, we like to say we’re the most trusted credential in cannabis. We’ve made trust our currency because in today’s world of unlimited products, services and experiences, […]
- We Love Our Members, We Also Love Discounts
We are thrilled to announce that the NACB has partnered with botaniCo to provide NACB members with FREE access to their business discount program.&nbs […]
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
- July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 24 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 24 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 4 @ 8:00 am - September 6 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 @ 2:00 pm - October 3 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
Cannabis Banking Committee To Meet 23 July https://t.co/Hke0Ox8IKQLoad More...
Cannabis Banking Committee To Meet 23 July https://t.co/Hke0Ox8IKQ
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Congress Weighs Measure To Stop Veterans’ Home Loan Denials Over...
- Discretionary Consumption Becomes Law in the Land of Lincoln
- NJ Announces Medical Marijuana Program Rule Changes
- Colorado’s Response To A Burgeoning Nationwide Marijuana Market:...
- Colorado Agriculture Director Has Big Plans for Hemp; "The Gold...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Behind the Scenes at Canada’s First Legal, Large-Scale Outdoor...
- SinglePoint’s Direct Solar Shaking Up Industry with Rocket Mortgage...
- The Alkaline Water Company Expands Natural and Specialty Food Channel...
- Yield Growth Enters European Market, Setting Itself Up for Global...
- CFN Media Exclusive Q&A with LadyJane Branding Founder, Jennifer...
Green Market Report
- Namaste Releases Financial Results After a Scandal-Ridden Quarter
- Executive Spotlight: Howard Lee, CEO & Co-founder of SōRSE Technology
- Province Brands Cannabis Beer Isn’t Just Another Infused Beverage
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money July 19, 2019
- The Daily Hit: June 18, 2019
- Italy Picks Aurora Cannabis As Sole Medical Marijuana Supplier
- The Daily Hit: July 17, 2019
- Curaleaf Stock Jumps On $875 Million Grassroots Acquisition
- SOL Global Invests $6.5 Million In CannCure
- Supreme Cannabis Acquires Truverra For $20 Million
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands