Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Friday that lawmakers are still trying to iron out a deal on the farm bill, but that a provision legalizing hemp as an agricultural commodity will be in the legislation.Read More
They even throw in a couple of musical references into the mix,to which we say….”You say you got a real solution………Well, you know…….We’d all love to see the plan”Read More
“The Misuse of Drugs (Industrial Hemp) Regulations 2006 and the Food Regulations 2015 will be amended to allow the sale of hemp seed as food,” Food Safety Minister Damien O’Connor said on Tuesday.Read More
Maybe we are cynical but after living in Hong Kong for a decade one thing i know i wouldn’t trust is any stats coming out of the mainland. But as we know one should never disagree with an economist, especially one who’s got a HK conference coming up that they need to relate a narrative to.Read More
The Program is designed to specifically educate hemp farmers and hemp finished product producers in FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) such that consistent quality is assured and violations are avoided.Read More
Seeking Alpha assert…”Canopy can’t wait to get in there when the U.S. laws change, however, it is limited by the current legal system”Read More
The Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection said the deadline to apply for a license and to register as a grower is Dec. 31.Read More
Spokesperson for the government, Srikant Sharma, said that several other countries had been cultivating hemp for medicinal use for a while now. He was also of the opinion that its production will also help in improving farmer’s income.Read More
Growing hemp is currently illegal in New Mexico. The Department of Agriculture is proposing rules to help the future of commercial hemp growth in the state, but in order to best define it, they are now seeking public comment.Read More
The 2,400 percent hike could be avoided if state lawmakers continue subsidizing the fledgling hemp industry with general taxes, or if more growers emerge to share the expense. Agriculture department spokesman Hector Castro said the agency understands concerns that raising the fee could discourage potential hemp farmers.Read More
In November, Colorado voters will be asked if they want to remove industrial hemp laws from Colorado’s state Constitution, placing them instead under the state statute, reports KUNC. The major change would be that laws in the statute can be modified by lawmakers — the Colorado Constitution, however, can only be changed by voters during a statewide election.Read More
Trade and industry minister Rob Davies says the government recognizes the potential of commercial value chains of cannabis and related products reports Business LiveRead More
Agency spokeswoman Heather Lansdowne told the Lawrence Journal-World on Friday that proposed rules and regulations were submitted earlier in the week to the Department of Administration. That’s the first step in a long process required to establish an industrial hemp program in Kansas.Read More
Agropro, a hemp seed contracting and processing company, and its sister company Borela UAB (“Borela”), a processor and distributor of organic hulled hemp seeds, hemp seed protein, hemp flour and hemp seed oil, currently has 1,600 hectares (4,000 acres) under contract, potentially yielding more than 1,000,000 kg of organic hemp with additional contracts available to expand to more than 3,000 hectares across Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Poland.Read More
Ganjapreneur Reports…Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) signed a bill to legalize industrial hemp on Saturday, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. The Illinois Industrial Hemp Act takes effect immediately and legalizes the harvesting and use of hemp for paper, fabric, plastics, construction materials, and food.Read More
Regulators in Western Australia have approved new rules for the state’s industrial hemp farmers, raising the upper limit for THC in licensed hemp crops to one percent (from just 0.35 percent), the Hemp Gazette reports.
“From the Ord down to the South-West and Great Southern, we are seeing unprecedented support for hemp as a fibre, food and building product. The cross-party support for these amendments is a sign of the wide recognition for the job-creating potential of this industry for regional WA.” — Alannah MacTiernan, West Australia Agriculture and Food Minister, in the report
Whilst everybody else experiments with a few hectares here and there..China is fast tracking the crop.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- McNeary v. Freehold Township
C.P. # 2008-8094, 2007-10498, 2014-10233 ( 2018)A municipality must reimburse its employees for medical marijuana expenses when such marijuana use […]
- Loughman v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue Services
T.C. Memo 2018-85 (Tax 2018)Internal Revenue Code Section 280E precludes a taxpayer from deducting expenses incurred in a medical marijuana business, […]
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, et al. v. Naturalis Health, LLC
No. CV-18-356, 2018 Ark. 224 (Ark. 2018)In a challenge by losing applicants alleging that competitive selection process was unfair, Arkansas Supreme […]
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice individuals must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, a single caregiver cannot act as an unofficial […]
Langlois – Cannabis
- November 13 - November 15
- November 13
- November 13
- November 14 - November 16
- November 15 - November 16
The Case of Muhammad Lukman Makes Malaysia Think About Its Harsh Drug Laws https://t.co/4FuLFbQX5ELoad More...
The Case of Muhammad Lukman Makes Malaysia Think About Its Harsh Drug Laws https://t.co/4FuLFbQX5E
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Hemp Is Used Across Several Industries, SIU Creates New Industrial...
- Vertical Opens CBD Facility In Kentucky, Stockton University offers a...
- Hemp market expected to grow to $1.9 billion by 2022, Canopy Growth...
- Canada Legalizes, Colorado's Amendment X, FDA Says Marijuana...
- Illinois Opens Access To Medical Cannabis Program For Opioid Users...
CFN Media Group Blog
- CFN Media Launches Regular Showcasing of Leading Cannabis Funds &...
- MediPharm Labs Corp. Receives Sales Licence from Health Canada
- Medicine Man Reports Record Quarterly Operating Revenue in Q3
- High Hampton Closes Acquisition of Mojave Jane, Licensed California...
- Body and Mind Launches King Cannabis Brand
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: November 12, 2018
- Aurora Cannabis Posts Big Gains In Revenue As Costs Drop, Prices Rise
- Who’s Winning The Battle Of Canadian Cannabis Out-of-stocks?
- MedMen Raises $120 Million With Canacccord
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money: November 9. 2018
- Cannabis Infused Beverages Experience 88% Growth Year Over Year
- The Daily Hit: November 8, 2018
- Aussie Company release “World First” Cannabis Gin
- MALIBU MAKES HISTORY BY BECOMING THE FIRST CITY TO OVERTURN A CANNABIS BAN SINCE PROP 64 TOOK EFFECT!
- Cannabis Biotechs Post Financial Results, Downplaying Losses