Rep. Andy Barr, R-Kentucky, says two provisions aimed at helping hemp producers are likely to be added to the House version of the SAFE Banking Act.Read More
“Draft rules for the federal hemp industry have been submitted by the USDA to the White House Office of Management and Budget; the rules should be released publicly within “a matter of weeks.”Read More
US Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture will “mark up” language submitted by Senator McConnell that would require the FDA to halt enforcement of anti-CBD guidance.
“In the short run, the McConnell language would help lift the current regulatory cloud that’s been discouraging financial institutions to work with CBD companies, and that’s encouraged some local government officials to suggest that CBD is illegal in their state.”Read More
Cornell’s Hemp Team Launches 3 Part Podcast Series On The State Of Industrial Hemp Production In New York.
Full episodes of “Extension Out Loud,” including descriptions and transcripts of each episode, can be found online. Episodes can also be streamed on iTunes and SoundCloud.Read More
Why? Simply because there aren’t enough processing plants. And.. why aren’t there enough processing plants. Because the banks won’t fund themRead More
Rankings, analysis, charts etc.Read More
The Senate Appropriations Committee put the bill in “Suspense,” a legislative maneuver that means the measure was set aside. Senators could take it up later, but the measure is likely on hold until at least 2020.The bill stipulates that “a food, beverage or cosmetic is not adulterated by the inclusion of industrial hemp,” including extracts such as CBD.Read More
“The results of two years of trialling nine varieties are positive and will support ongoing investment in the burgeoning industrial hemp industry,” said Minister Whetstone.Read More
The New Mexico State University Board of Regents approved the New Mexico Department of Agriculture’s proposed hemp manufacturing rule at its regular meeting Sept. 4.Read More
“This report is Hemp Business Journal’s second State of Hemp report and its second publication as a division of New Frontier Data. It is the definitive report on market sizes for the global hemp market and features 60+ pages of primary research, market intelligence, investment analysis, survey results, data charts and insights from industry leaders.”Read More
The USDA writes, “Federal legislation facilitated the re-introduction of hemp cultivation in Canada in 1998. Since that
time, commercial cultivation has grown relatively slowly as producers have worked through agronomic challenges (including securing certified seed) and as processors have worked to develop hemp products and markets for them. Initially re-introduced for fiber production, the food and nutrition market had propelled the Canadian hemp industry until the 2018 Cannabis Act created additional opportunities by expanding the value chain. ” See full report ….
Only farmers registered under that 2014 pilot program will now be eligible for insurance approved by the United States Department of Agriculture’s Whole-Farm Revenue Protection program, according to an August 27 USDA announcement.Read More
More than half of hemp crops cultivated in Hawaii in the past year were unusable due to high THC levels, officials have said.Read More
Prepublication Version of the Federal Register Notice on Receipt of Applications for Pesticide Use on Hemp
Following is a prepublication version of the Federal Register notice announcing the receipt of 10 pesticide applications to expand their use on hemp. Comments are due 30 days after the notice publishes in the Federal Register.Read More
US Hemp Roundtable – Update: The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) issues guidance about changes in federal law
This update comes on the heels of Senator McConnell (R-KY) and Senator Wyden (D-OR) urging NCUA Chairman Rodney Hood and the federal agency to provide clarification to help address this barrier to the hemp industry on behalf of the hemp farmers and producers. Challenges have persisted for those seeking to explore the crop’s economic opportunities, despite the passage of the hemp-legalization initiative in the 2018 Farm Bill.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Half-Baked: Edibles, Beverages and New Cannabis Products to Be Legalized and Regulated in 2019
- Health Canada Announces Changes to the Cannabis Licensing Process
- Cannabis: Legal Age and Public Places – the Consultations Are Over
- New Cannabis Products: Changes Are Coming to the Federal Legal Framework in 2019
NACB Latest News
- Austin Company Combines Beautiful Design With Functionality In Glass Pipes
Looking for the ultimate glass pipes & cannabis accessories? Discover GRAV and why they use scientific glass for the optimal smoking experience! The post Austin Company Combines Beautiful Design […]
- Where Things Stand With Marijuana Legalization 2019
Marijuana legalization is moving at a snail's pace for some, but did you know there is legal weed in 11 states & Washington, D.C? Here's the full list! The post Where Things Stand With Marijuana […]
- New Yorkers Can Possess Marijuana With No Fear of Penalty..To A Point
Decriminalizing marijuana in New York might be the next best thing to legal recreational marijuana. But what does this mean for NY residents? The post New Yorkers Can Possess Marijuana With No Fear […]
- The California Marijuana Market Is Now The Biggest In The World
California is now the biggest marijuana market in the world and for good reason! Discover the cause of their amazing growth & why it matters for you! The post The California Marijuana Market Is […]
- California Company Creates Flavorful, Consistent Product For Cannabis Edibles Market
Punch Edibles is quickly making a name for itself by creating consistent cannabis products & delicious CBD edibles. Discover Punch Edibles now! The post California Company Creates Flavorful, […]
- There's No Connection Between Marijuana And Violence, Experts Say
A new book claims otherwise, but experts say there is not a connection between the two.
- The Reinvention Of Mike Tyson: How He's Rewriting His Story With Cannabis
The former heavyweight champ describes how Cannabis helped him redefine himself.
- Mitch McConnell Urges FDA To Ease CBD Regulations 'Within 120 Days'
The Kentucky Senator drafted a proposal that would clear a path for the lawful marketing of hemp-derived CBD products.
- How This Family-Owned Cannabis Business Stays Profitable, Self-Funded Despite Tough Regulatory Environment
Autumn Brands' CFO and Co-Owner, Autumn Shelton, describes the secret to their small business success in the booming cannabis industry.
- For Cannabis Software, One Size Does Not Fit All
What the rise of the cannabis tool stack means for cannabis retailers looking to grow their business.
Sponsor – aBizinaBox
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Union of Medical Marijuana Patients, Inc. v. City of San Diego (UMMP v. San Diego II)
S238563 (Cal. 2019)The adoption of a municipal ordinance does not qualify as a “project” under the California Environmental Quality Act […]
- Florida Dept. of Health v. Florigrown, LLC
1D18-4471 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2019)Florida’s statute requiring a vertically integrated model for the registration of medical marijuana […]
- Grant v. Herbert
2019 UT 42 (Utah 2019)The Governor did not veto the Utah Medical Cannabis Act, a legislative act approved by voter initiative.The medical cannabis […]
- Hansen v. U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
911 F.3d 1362 (Fed. Cir. 2018)Employee was properly dismissed from his position after a positive drug test because the Department of Homeland […]
- Horn v. Medical Marijuana, Inc.
15-701 (W.D.N.Y. 2019)CBD byproduct from the extraction process is essentially a resin extracted from cannabis, which in 2012 fell within the […]
- September 19 @ 8:00 am - September 20 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- September 30 @ 8:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 1 - October 3
- October 1 @ 8:00 am - October 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
Battle of the Weedwork Stars, Final Episode? https://t.co/DajlO0ssZbLoad More...
Battle of the Weedwork Stars, Final Episode? https://t.co/DajlO0ssZb
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Feed has no items.
CFN Media Group Blog
- CWCB Expo Los Angeles Connecting Cannabis Leaders & Investors
- Halo Provides Update on Bophelo Biosciences Signing and Closing
- Zenabis Provides Operations Update for August 2019
- The Green Organic Dutchman Hosts Analyst Site Visit at Hamilton and...
- 1933 Industries Executes Licensing Agreement with PLUGplay and...
Green Market Report
- The Daily Hit: September 19, 2019
- iAnthus Capital Holdings Acquires Sierra Well for $27.6 Million
- Eaze Fights Back As DionyMed Stock Trading Resumes
- The Daily Hit: September 18, 2019
- Supreme Cannabis Reports 90% Increase in Revenue
- Overcoming Canada’s Cannabis Shortage
- The Daily Hit: September 17, 2019
- McConnell Pushes FDA To Act On CBD Guidance
- Singer John Legend Teams Up With PLUS Products For CBD Launch
- Shopify Agrees To Hemp-Derived CBD Sales
Cannabis Law Journal
- Another Anti-Cannabis RICO Case Goes Up in Smoke, But an Existential Threat Remains
- Outline – HopgoodGanim Lawyers: Medicinal Cannabis in Australia: issues and regulations
- Are Recent Medicinal Cannabis Flower Exports out of Jamaica Legal?
- Cannabis Law Journal: April 2019 Issue 12
- Frost Brown Todd – Now is the Time to Plan IP Strategies for Industrial Hemp
- The protection of cannabis companies financial rights within Colombia’s legal system
- What Cannabis Cultivators and Retailers Need to Know About Product Liability Lawsuits
- Key Legal Considerations for Cross-Border Cannabis and Hemp Agreements
- UK: Medicinal Cannabis – How far have we really come?
- TNI Publish Free PDF: Cannabis Regulation in Europe: Country Report Netherlands