This appeared in our inbox this morning.. Early next year, we (US Hemp Roundtable) will launch a self-regulating organization (SRO) that will define and monitor best practices for the industry. One of the key products will be a medallion or seal that can be placed on every hemp product that meets the industry’s rigorous standards.Read More
Cannabis Now Publishes Canada Hemp/ Cannabis Regulations & Legislation Update Penned By Robert Hoban
Robert Hoban one of the leading light lawyers in the cannabis & hemp space, based out of Denver CO, has written a state of play report on cannabis & hemp regulations in Canada as we move toward a fully regulated market mid 2018.Read More
The measure to create a hemp-growing pilot program passed by 29 to 3 on Thursday and now up for consideration in the House, which passed a similar measure by a vote of 141-4 only last month.Read More
The state’s hemp program, a necessity to stay within federal law, has been on hold since late last year. The agriculture department said it couldn’t continue overseeing hemp unless lawmakers appropriated funds to augment license fees.Read More
Hempco Food and Fiber make the PlanetHemp products and Relevium will start selling them into the US from next week.Read More
Wisconsin public radio reports that, “Industrial hemp licensing applications are available for Wisconsin’s research pilot program. The Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection is accepting applications with a May 1 deadline.”Read More
Industrial hemp growers in Europe have to contend with a THC limit of a miniscule .2% it’s holding farmers back and their industry body wants changesRead More
Sen. Sonny Borrelli, the Republican bill sponsor, indicated the measure would help boost the state’s agricultural economy, noting that hemp uses “nine times less water than cotton,” and help the state’s cotton farmers “rotate in another crop.”Read More
Missouri senators advanced a bill Tuesday that would create a pilot program in the state to study the growth, cultivation, processing and marketing of industrial hemp in cooperation with Missouri’s Department of Agriculture.Read More
Indiana Governor Kicks Can Down The Road Over Industrial Hemp as Senate Creates Excuses for Inaction
“The governor is not opposed to the idea of industrial hemp in Indiana,” said Stephanie Wilson, spokeswoman for Holcomb. “But, he thinks if we do it, we need to make sure we do it right. That’s why a summer study committee is the best decision.”Read More
“Riverside County supervisors Tuesday approved an interim ordinance prohibiting the industrial cultivation of hemp in unincorporated communities as a precautionary move against potential criminal activity.”Read More
Western Australia’s Agriculture Minister has announced the State Government will amend restrictions on the level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) permitted in industrial hemp.Read More
It is true, the states have made a pigs ear with regard to over production, and especially so in OR & WA. MJ Biz report, “One of the challenges we maybe have in the hemp industry is to make sure that demand and production coincide,” Greg Ibach, undersecretary for the U.S. Department of Agriculture told the media this week.Read More
Their press release starts by saying, “The U.S. Hemp Roundtable – representing the hemp industry at each link of the hemp supply and sales chain, as well the membership of all the industry’s major grassroots organizations – has launched its new web site: HempSupporter.com.”Read More
We also like the fact that the passed a bill about Wolves at the same time.. Now there’s a branding opportunity !Read More
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Pueblo Marijuana Study Shows Impact of Legalization in Southern...
- Pa. Marijuana Panel Recommends Sale of Smokable Marijuana, States...
- Marijuana Banking's Massive Leap Forward
- Judge Rejects Lawsuit Seeking to Legalize Marijuana Nationwide,...
- Feds Take Action Against Cannabis Chemical CBD Despite Benefit To...
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Reefer Madness: Best Practices for Managing Marijuana Use in Senior Care and Housing
- Washington Appellate Court Upholds County Ban on Retail Marijuana Sales
- Where’s My Money? Oregon Sales Tax Refunds
- The Price Is Wrong: Oregon Wrongfully Asserts Cannabis Sales Tax Applies to Seeds
- What’s the Deal With Oregon’s Cannabis Industry?
Cash Crop Today Blog
CFN Media Group Blog
- WeedMD Completes Strategic Investment in Blockstrain Technology Corp.
- RavenQuest Signs MOU With Fort McMurray #468 First Nation
- Cannabis Giants Join Forces in Cross Border Venture
- FinCanna Provides an Update on CTI’s Medical Cannabis Extraction...
- Abattis Strengthens Regulatory Services Offerings through Partnership...
Green Market Report
Cannabis Law Journal
- “The Price Is Wrong: Oregon Wrongfully Asserts Cannabis Sales Tax Applies to Seeds”
- “Is Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Program Constitutional ?”
- Cannabis Companies and State Trademarks: A Match Made in Heaven
- Protecting Cannabis Strains in Canada: A Growing Concern
- Transactional Legal Work Will Accompany Increased M&A Activity in the Cannabis Sector
- The Impact of Recreational Marijuana Use on the New Jersey Workplace
- Banking Issues Continue to Vex Lawful Hemp Businesses
- US Hemp Companies Face Labeling Issues In The EU
- Trump Administration Weighs In On Industrial Hemp
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Physician Duties