The Bureau of Cannabis Control has announced changes to the proposed cannabis regulations published to the California Regulatory Notice Register on July 13, 2018. These proposed changes mark the next step in the formal rulemaking process toward adopting non-emergency regulations and the beginning of a 15-day public comment period related to the proposed changes.Read More
Category: Breaking News
A) Week in Review: 5 business takeaways from the launch of Canada’s recreational marijuana market
B) What does legal cannabis mean for Canada’s marijuana political parties?
C) Cannabis Shortages Already Happening In Canada
D) First Stoned Driving Citation Issued One Hour After Legalization
MJ Biz Reports… Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney plans to join the board of New York-based Acreage Holdings, becoming the latest political heavyweight affiliated with the multistate marijuana company. Mulroney – prime minister from 1984 to 1993 – will join a board stacked with political and corporate veterans, including…..Read More
Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX: ACB) announced this morning that the company will be debuting its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”), which will begin trading on October 23, 2018. In conjunction with this move Aurora will delist its shares from the OTCQX stock exchange in the United States.Read More
“It’s absurd that you can buy tequila or gin from a supermarket but marijuana is illegal,” Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias said.Read More
The new figures related to Operation Silverdrift are contained in the latest WA Police annual report, which was tabled last week.Read More
All hell or maybe heaven is going to break out soon..Read More
Canada: On Parliament Hill It’s a Hotch Potch of Rules On Who Can & Who Can’t Imbibe Cannabis At Work
The Mounties have strict rules and regs, the Senate doesn’t have a formal policy and it appears MP’s don’t know what they can or can’t do.Read More
Independent David Leyonhjelm has failed to cultivate support for his private bill to legalise recreational cannabis reports the Australian Associated Press.Read More
Two more MPs have declined to say whether they’d be likely to vote in favour of legalising recreational use of marijuana. On Thursday, AM Show host Duncan Garner put the question to Police Minister Stuart Nash, who said he was still on the fence.Read More
Employers are required to do what they can to accommodate medical marijuana users as well as those addicted to pot but that doesn’t give employees carte blanche to show up at work stoned, Ontario’s Human Rights Commission said on Thursday.Read More
A little more draconian than other provinces… “The big day is quickly approaching. On Wednesday, Oct. 17, recreational cannabis will be available for purchase across Canada. Ottawa left it to provinces to create their own regimes controlling how marijuana would be produced and distributed on their territory. And Quebec has opted for some of the most restrictive laws in the country. “Read More
Ontario: Ontario launches website for selling legal cannabis, says Canada Post will handle deliveries
“A week from now, Canada Post will be delivering plain packages containing pot to residents across Ontario. The Crown corporation has the contract to deliver weed for the government’s online store that opens for business Oct. 17, the day recreational cannabis is legalized across the country.” Reports the Ottowa CitizenRead More
Here’s the latest update on border control…Ganjapreneur report, “The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency (CBP) has announced that Canadians who work in the legal cannabis industry will generally be allowed to enter the United States. However, cannabis industry workers will not be allowed if they are coming to the U.S. on an industry-related visit.”Read More
MJ Biz report.. Under the deal, Denver-based MJ Freeway and MTech (Nasdaq: MTEC) will become subsidiaries of a newly created company temporally dubbed Pubco. That name that will change before the firm is listed, company officials said. The merger, which is subject to approval by equity holders of each company, is slated to close in early 2019, the firms announced in a news release Thursday.Read More
They write…..And when you consider that the investments made so far by these beverage companies, touches primarily the beverages sub category, then you start to get a sense of the magnitude of the overall edibles market.Read More
The company says they will be growing medical cannabis in Uganda, the minister responsible says this is not the case.Read More
In a show of solidarity opposing the ban, top-ranking members from three major Washington cannabis advocacy organizations released a joint statement vigorously opposing the ban. The statement, issued by Washington CannaBusiness Association Executive Director Vicki Christophersen, The Cannabis Alliance Executive Director Lara Kaminsky, and the Cannabis Organization of Retail Establishments Executive Director Brooke Davies, is the first of its kind for the state. Reports Ganjaprenuer.Read More
The Trump Administration plans to address federal cannabis reforms after the midterm elections, Sen. Dana Rohrabacher (R-California) told FOX Business this week. Sen. Rohrabacher said the White House gave “a solid commitment” to address the issue. He didn’t specify how far the reforms might go — whether it could be as far as rescheduling or even descheduling the cannabis plant, for example — but, Sen. Rohrabacher noted, President Trump said on the campaign trail that he was in favor of federally legalizing medical cannabis and leaving adult-use legalization up to individual states to decide.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Sponsor – Cannabis Law Digest
- Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, et al. v. Naturalis Health, LLC
No. CV-18-356, 2018 Ark. 224 (Ark. 2018)In a challenge by losing applicants alleging that competitive selection process was unfair, Arkansas Supreme […]
- United States v. Bally
No. 17-20135 (E.D. Mich. 2017)To avoid prosecution by the Department of Justice individuals must strictly comply with the rules and regulations of […]
- People v. Bylsma (Bylsma II)
315 Mich. App. 363, 889 N.W.2d 729 (Mich. Ct. App. 2016)Under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, a single caregiver cannot act as an unofficial […]
- People v. Bylsma (Byslma I)
493 Mich. 17, 825 N.W.2d 543 (Mich. 2012)A group of caregivers cannot act as a cooperative for the purposes of growing plants.Failure to obtain […]
- Charter Township of York v. Miller
No. 335344, 2018 WL 472187 (Mich. Ct. App. 2018)While Michigan Medical Marihuana Act authorizes the construction of an outdoor growing facility, […]
Langlois – Cannabis
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
- October 11 @ 8:00 am - November 13 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- October 17 - October 20
- October 22
- October 22 - November 23
- October 22 @ 8:00 am - October 23 @ 5:00 pm PDT
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Illinois Opens Access To Medical Cannabis Program For Opioid Users...
- Can Canadians Involved in the Legalized Marijuana Industry Enter the...
- New York State Holds ‘Listening Sessions’ on Cannabis Legalization
- A look at CBD drug policy, Hemp farming in Michigan, Media confusion...
- Manhattan DA's office drops more than 3,000 open marijuana cases....
CFN Media Group Blog
- Empower Clinics and Inolife R&D Announce Letter of Intent for US...
- Weekend Unlimited Inc. Announces Details of Northern Lights Organics...
- MediPharm Labs Corp. Bolsters Leadership & Operational Expertise...
- Supreme Cannabis Completes $100 Million Bought Deal Convertible...
- The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd. Announces Closing of C$76...
Green Market Report
- Green Market Report’s Marijuana Money October 19, 2018
- iAnthus Acquires MPX Bioceutical In $835 Million Deal
- Stock Rollercoasters, Poduct Shortages Characterize Canada’s First Legal Cannabis Day
- Aurora Cannabis Approved For New York Stock Exchange
- The Daily Hit: October 17, 2018
- Canada Focuses On Cannabis Production, Skips Pricing Concerns
- Our Neighbor to The North
- The Dawning of a New Canada: Cannabis Prohibition Has Ended
- Acreage Holdings To Invite Former Canadian Prime Minister To Be Board Member
- The Daily Hit: October 16, 2018
Cannabis Law Journal
- Issue 10 Cannabis Law Journal: September 2018
- WHO Issues Glowing Report of CBD But Gets the Law Wrong- A Legal Analysis
- New Jersey Cannabis Update: Federalism, Fiscal In-Fighting, and the FDA
- PA/NJ Cannabis: Protected Cannabis Testing
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Tides of Perception
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS CANNABIS
- IP Protection Spotlight: Canopy Growth
- California Cannabis Applicants and Licensees Should Be Entitled to Representation
- California: IRC Sec. 280E and Transportation
- Have the Cannabis Patent Wars Begun?