22 April 2018: CANADA: cannabis companies find funding alternative with debt financing. ITALY: Cannabis Flowers Are Legal in Italy. You Just Can’t Eat or Smoke Them. JAMAICA: Central bank asked to solve cannabis banking issues. LUXEMBOURG: Medical cannabis law nears completionRead More
Category: Breaking News
22 April 2018: POLITICS: Bernie Sanders joins Cory Booker’s push to legalize marijuana. FEDERAL: Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Announces Bill to De-Schedule Cannabis. CANNABIS MARKET: “A watershed 4/20.” U.S. cannabis market poised to hit $25B by 2025″ IP: Steep Hill wins IP court battle with New Mexico, competing medical cannabis lab. OHIO: Recreational marijuana petition rejected by Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. PENNSYLVANIA: (i) Marijuana growers seek to extinguish Pa.’s cannabis research program (ii) Israeli marijuana giant partners with Pa. medical growerRead More
19 April 2018: MJ Biz updates what’s happening in Brazil, Peru & Paraguay while Ganjapreneur concentrate our minds on Antgua & Barbuda. French Hemp Farmers Face Tight Restrictions in Conflict With EU Rules. Maricann Subsidiary, Mariplant, Commences Hemp Operations in Germany.Read More
19 April 2018: PRESS RELEASE: (i) People who use medical marijuana more likely to use and misuse prescription drugs Study in Journal of Addiction Medicine. (ii) Aurora Cannabis Gains Rights to Orally Dissolvable Thin Film Wafer Technology. NEW ORLEANS: First medical marijuana pharmacy in New Orleans area gets permit approved. VETERANS AFFAIRS: Bi-Partisan Bill Would Make Clear Veterans Affairs can Study MMJ.Read More
19 April 2018: INTERVIEW: Why the US needs federal marijuana reform: Q&A with Congressman Tom Garrett. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Pursue Cannabis Intellectual Property Strategies Despite Limitations.CLE COURSES: Provided By Above The Law. NCBA Law Sessions @ MJ Biz New OrleansRead More
18 April 2018: ENVIRONMENT:Marijuana companies face new regulations, oversight tied to water use. TAXATION: Marijuana Industry Group Video & Inforgraphic re Cannabis taxation. LAWSUIT: Colorado marijuana edibles company Wana Brands sued over alleged information theft. MAINE:Gov. Plans to Veto Rec. Cannabis Implementation Bill.Read More
We’re hoping to get a interview with Greens leader, Di Natale, later in the week to deep dive into the regulatory nitty gritty once the media and the politicians have moved onto tomorrow’s story. In the meantime here’s the press and commentary so far.Read More
17 April 2018: THE MARKETS: (i)Jeff Sessions Trumped — Are Marijuana Stocks About to Skyrocket? An upheaval in the U.S. marijuana industry could be on the way. But the operative word is “could.” (ii) PRESS RELEASE: Marijuana Stocks are About to Explode – Sorry, Not Sorry Jeff .Sessions! LEGISLATIVE: Weekly Legislative Schedule: Bills in CA, CO, LA, NH, and SC Get Hearings. TECH: 4 Reasons Hackers are Targeting the Cannabis Industry. ALASKA: House Passes Bill Restricting Public Access to Some Cannabis Possession Criminal Records. NEW YORK: New York Gov: Legal Cannabis is ‘Going to be Here Anyway’.Read More
California Wrap: State, Clearlake City Council, Grover Beach City Council, Guadalupe City Council, Lompoc
16 April 2018: STATE: Exclusive analysis: Only one in seven California cities allow recreational marijuana stores. CLEARLAKE CITY COUNCIL: Clearlake City Council supports new welcome sign, assesses penalties on unpermitted marijuana grows. GUADALUPE CITY COUNCIL: OKs ban on commercial cannabis cultivation. GROVER BEACH CITY COUNCIL: Is recreational marijuana coming to Grover Beach? Council ‘confident we can make the jump’.LOMPOC: Residents to explore formation of cannabis trade association.Read More
Weekend Papers: Music Festival To Allow on Site Recreational Cannabis Purchases, MedMen’s Ad Campaign, Banning Fake Urine! Canadian Reefer Madness Lawyer In Bat Attack, Sex (and now) Drugs in the City, Japanese Teens Like Weed as do Hong Kong Kids, Florida Court Lets Lung Cancer Patient Home Grow Cannabis, And Yet Another Huge Nigerian Cannabis Bust, Canadian Senators Don’t Like the idea Of People Growing Their Own, Quebec..We’ll Have 359 Tons of Weed Please !
14 April 2018: Chalice Becomes First Music Festival To Allow On-Site Recreational Cannabis Purchases. With $2 Million Ad Push, Cannabis Retailer MedMen Hopes to Finally Ditch the ‘Stoner’ Cliche.States move to ban fake urine, a new challenge for drug testing in age of opioid epidemic, legal marijuana. Marijuana-induced psychosis behind Toronto lawyer’s bat attack, judge rules. Japan sees record number of marijuana cases in 2017 as youth involvement rises. Nigerian Customs seizes N74 million worth of Indian hemp. Senators take aim at homegrown cannabis in Canadian legalization bill. Quebec inks ‘bombshell’ supply deals for 359 tons of cannabis.Read More
14 April 2018: THE WHITEHOUSE: Trump pledges no DOJ interference in marijuana industry. DEPT OF JUSTICE: US senators urge Department to quit blocking marijuana research. LOUISIANA: House backs expansion of medical cannabis program.Read More
12 April 2018: CANADA: Nova Scotia cannabis legislation to move ahead without amendments. COLUMBIA: Creso Pharma updates market on Colombian medical cannabis acquisition. ISRAEL: Moves Step Closer To Permitting Medical Marijuana Exports MALTA: MGC Pharma gets go-ahead to build medical cannabis facility. MEXICO: Supreme Court considers legalizing marijuana. NEW ZEALAND: Grey Power branch to Govt: Let us grow medicinal cannabis.Read More
12 April 2018: CONNECTICUT: House Appropriations Committee Advances Cannabis Legalization Bill. HAWAII: Lawmakers Consider Allowing Edibles & Tourist Med Cards. MAINE: House passes new compromise on legal marijuana sales. MICHIGAN: Will Legislators Undercut Marijuana Legalization Before Voters Decide This Fall? NEW JERSEY: Delay expected for final vote on Jersey City pot plan. NEW YORK: Former Erie County Executive Joel Giambra pushes hard for the Legalization of Marijuana in NYS. OREGON: County considers marijuana tax on November ballot. PENNSYLVANIA: Marijuana board OKs sale of cannabis leaf and flower.Read More
California Wrap: Politics, Local Authorities, Business, Carpinteria City, Riverside County, Santa Cruz County, Sonoma County
12 April 2018: POLITICS: Candidates Vie to Unseat Dianne Feinstein, CA’s Anti-Pot SenatorLOCAL AUTHORITIES: Cannabis rules in California: Are some cities trying to regulate away Prop 64 ? (Part 2 of 3 part report) BUSINESS: Forget the Emerald Triangle. The Central Coast is becoming California’s weed hotspot. CARPINTERIA CITY: Council Extends Moratorium on Commercial Cannabis Operations. RIVERSIDE COUNTY: Considering these rules for cannabis in unincorporated areas. SANTA CRUZ COUNTY: Updated pot production rules slated for voteSONOMA COUNTY: County seeks compromise on site of cannabis operations.Read More
10 April 2018: BUREAU OF CANNABIS CONTROL: Temporary License Extensions. STATE: Chart: Breakdown of California marijuana companies that got cease-and-desist letters. CALIFORNIA CPA: Latest Updates. BUSINESS: How Can California’s New Legal Marijuana Market Move Forward?Read More
8 April 2018: MEDIA: (i) Marijuana publications proving to be a pot of gold. (ii) Press Release: Cannabis Wire To Relaunch On New Blockchain Publishing Platform, Civil, Late Spring 2018. COMPLIANCE: Improved Controls on Inventory Leads to Fewer Violations. COLORADO: Dept of Revenue Update. MAINE: Professionals For Regulating Marijuana Update.Read More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Hemp Legalization Bill Expedited to Full Senate, Ex-Speaker John...
- Here's Mitch McConnell's New Hemp Legalization Bill, NoCo Hemp Expo...
- Here's Mitch McConnell's New Hemp Legalization Bill, NoCo Hemp Expo...
- Legalizing Marijuana Could Help Opioid Crisis, Treasurers Seek...
- Cannabis Legalization in New York: the door is unlocked now
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Cannabis Protection Exchanged for Conservative Appointments
- 2018 Washington State Comfort Legislation for the Financial Industry and Accountants Dealing With Licensed Marijuana Businesses
- Josephine County Sues State of Oregon Over Marijuana Laws
- Renown UK Doctor Supports Cannabis as Less Harmful than Alcohol
- Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals Remands County Ordinance Restricting Marijuana Production
CFN Media Group Blog
- CHOOM sees Long Term Forecast on 4/20 as an Endless Summer
- Segra Brings Micropropagation to Cultivators Worldwide, Plus...
- Speakeasy Provides Update on Health Canada Licensed Producer...
- RISE Life Science Corp. Announces Closing $2.2M of Equity Financing
- RavenQuest Smartly Increasing Cannabis Production Capacity Ahead of...
Green Market Report
- 4/20 Is Black Friday For The Cannabis Industry
- Top Cannabis PR Firm Salar Media Group Is Acquired By New York Powerhouse KCSA
- 4/20 Promotions Include Giving Away Free Pounds Of Marijuana, Politician Raffle
- Marijuana Money April 20, 2018
- Hemp and Cannabis Infused Beers Are Taking the Craft Brewing Market By Storm
Cannabis Law Journal
- Ninth Circuit Hears Medical Cannabis Case
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana: Apologies and Flower (and Leaf)
- WA: 2018 Washington State Comfort Legislation for the Financial Industry and Accountants Dealing With Licensed Marijuana Businesses
- Semantics Matter in the Law: : An Analysis of the FDA Notice Regarding Cannabinoids
- Pennsylvania: Medical Marijuana: Turning Over on Leaf
- Oregon: Josephine County Sues State of Oregon Over Marijuana Laws
- Massachusetts Opens Recreational Cannabis Licensing
- Andrew Sacks: Cannabis Dispensary 1000 Foot Rule In Pennsylvania
- Interpreting Arkansas’ Medical Marijuana Statute: An Uncertain Landscape for Employees and Employers Alike
- “The Price Is Wrong: Oregon Wrongfully Asserts Cannabis Sales Tax Applies to Seeds”