20 June 2018: The Cannabis Act passed its final hurdle (honestly !) on Tuesday in a 52-29 vote in the Senate. The bill controls and regulates how the drug can be grown, distributed, and sold in Canada. Who’s next?Read More
Category: Breaking News
“It is not satisfactory for the parents, it is not satisfactory for the doctor and it is not satisfactory for me,”Read More
USA Wrap: National Cannabis Bar Association, US Hemp Roundtable, California, Colorado, Oregon, Texas, Washington
19 June 2018: NATIONAL CANNABIS BAR ASSOCIATION: New Membership Directory. US HEMP ROUNDTABLE: Warns on CBD Amendments. CALIFORNIA: (i) Chart: Handful of growers hold hundreds of cultivation licenses in California’s legal marijuana market. (ii) CALIFORNIA CANNABIS CPA: Updates. COLORADO: State Licensing Authority adopted emergency Medical and Retail Marijuana rules. OREGON: Appeals Court Rejects Restrictions Imposed by County on Marijuana Growers. TEXAS: Republican Party Of Texas Declines To Make Medical Cannabis A Priority. WASHINGTON: Updates Cannabis Packaging and Labeling Rules.Read More
Things are moving quickly in NY. Don’t blink!Read More
UK: Home Office Minister, Sajid Javid, Uses Exceptional Powers to Release Cannabis Medicine For Caldwell
Just in via the UK media outlet MetroRead More
17 June 2018: (i) Bom Bom launches ‘world’s first’ hemp milk liqueur. (ii) RECIPE: Hemp Pesto Aioli & Hemp Tacos. (iii) Meet the Cannasexuals (iv) My Research Shows If You Use Cannabis In Low Doses In Your 40s And 50s, You Probably Don’t Get Alzheimer’s’ (v) Chart: Cannabis industry supports up to 160,000 full-time jobs, with more growth on horizonRead More
16 June 2018: UN: Drug Committee Declares Cannabis Is An Effective, ‘Relatively Safe Drug’. CANADA: (i) Ruling party rejects controversial amendments to cannabis bill. (ii) Cannabis companies ink CA$880 million in funding deals in 14 days.(iii) Canada: Political Showdown Brewing Over Cannabis Home Grows. GERMANY: German Public Health Insurer Takes First Look at Cannabis Coverage. JAMAICA: Green Organic Dutchman Heads To Jamaica In Deal With EpicanRead More
16 June 2018: FEDERAL RESERVE: Fed Reserve chair: Without lawmakers’ guidance, banks can’t take cannabis money. RAISINGS: 6 Lessons From Cannabis CEOs Who Raised More Than $50 Million. CALIFORNIA: hemp industry in ‘complete chaos’. MASSACHUSETTS: Likelihood fades that MA retail cannabis shops can open by July 1 target. NEVADA: Opens up 84 potential recreational marijuana licenses to limited field. OHIO:MARIJUANA ADVISORY COMMITTEE JULY, AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER MEETING NOTICESRead More
UK: Billy Caldwell Admitted To Hospital in London, Home Office May Re-Consider Application For Cannabis Medicine
The Home Office has said it will “carefully consider” allowing a 12-year-old boy to be prescribed cannabis oil after he was admitted to hospital with “life-threatening” seizures following the confiscation of his supply.Read More
15 June 2018: BANKING: (i) U.S. House Committee Rejects Cannabis Banking Measure. (ii) he Latest: Fed uncertain on banking for marijuana firms . AURORA: Marijuana Grower Aurora’s Buying Spree Continues With New Deal. DELAWARE: Marijuana bills on the move. WASHINGTON:Improving Cannabis Science – Survey.Read More
The case is the first involving marijuana-related charges prosecuted by U.S. Attorney Billy Williams since he issued a memo criticizing Oregon’s pot surplus and called on state regulators to get a better handle on the amount of the drug flowing across state lines.Read More
It’s been a busy week in Canada on the cannabis front. Here are some of the latest updates.Read More
The Port City Daily reports that local company, Port City Releaf who make hemp based products are having shipments seized before they get them.Read More
14 June 2018: SEYFARTH SHAW UPDATE: SPACs as an Exit Strategy for Cannabis Businesses. DELAWARE: Lawmakers amend marijuana legalization bill to address safety concerns. MICHIGAN Along with “dispensary,” officials are banning cannabis shops from using other common terms like “pharmacy” and “apothecary”. OREGON: To inspect outdoor cannabis harvests in response to federal law enforcement pressure. SOUTH CAROLINA: Democrats Overwhelmingly Back MMJRead More
He’s doing what he’s being paid to do.Read More
Here are the various reports… and reactionsRead More
15 June 2018: COMPLIANCE: Attorneys, Consultants Navigate ‘Wild West’ of Marijuana Regulation Compliance. ARROYO GRANDE: To allow more cannabis deliveries — but no warehouses or other businesses. OCEANSIDE: New cannabis initiative proposed. SACRAMENTO: Stifling the ‘green rush’ Sacramento is a leader in the cannabis-cultivation business, despite the city’s effortsRead More
Search Cannabis Law Report
Langlois – Cannabis
- Why an Employer Should Review Its Internal Policies in Light of Bill C-45?
- The Debate on the Adoption of Bill C-45 Continues: Next Stop – Back to the House of Commons
- Cannabis Producers: Health Canada Specifies Certain Future Regulatory Obligations Following Public Consultations
- The Importance of Intellectual Property (IP) Rights in the Emerging Cannabis Industry in Canada
- Langlois lawyers represents a major cannabis enterprise
Buy Bob Carp’s Legal Operating, Tax & Forms Publications
Marijuana Policy Project Does The Hard Yards But Industry Businesses Who Reap The Rewards Not Providing The Financial Support https://t.co/EK7jtNwar9Load More...
Marijuana Policy Project Does The Hard Yards But Industry Businesses Who Reap The Rewards Not Providing The Financial Support https://t.co/EK7jtNwar9
The Pipeline: Cannabis Law Advisor
- Tax Court Tells Cautionary IRC 280E Tale: Alterman Facts Make Bad Law
- Hemp Legalization Incorporated in 2018 Senate Farm Bill
- STATES’ Rights: Bipartisan Bill Offers States Buffer From Federal Marijuana Crackdown
- OLCC ‘Pauses’ Review of New Recreational Marijuana License Applications
- DEA Responds: ‘These Are Not the Marihuanas We Are Looking For’
Hoban Law Group Blog
- Trump Says He'll Probably Support New Marijuana Bill, Senate Ag Panel...
- DEA Directs Agencies on the Legality of Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids
- DEA Directs Agencies on the Legality of Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids
- Gardner and Warren on Their Marijuana Bill Team-Up, Hickenlooper...
- Leveling the Playing Field: New Developments in Colorado Marijuana...
CFN Media Group Blog
- Arcadian Fund Provides Exposure to Cannabis
- Maricann Expands European Management Team and Provides Clinical Trial...
- WeedMD Signs Supplier Agreement with Shoppers Drug Mart
- Dope Media Secures Investment to Accelerate Growth Strategy
- BlissCo Enters Billion-Dollar Complementary and Alternative Medicine...
Green Market Report
- Canada Becomes First G-7 To Legalize Recreational Marijuana
- EVIO Labs Continues To Execute on Its Acquisition Plans
- The Daily Hit: June 19 2018
- Cannabis Industry Leaders 99 High Tide and Jetty Extracts join forces to raise funds for Gay Pride Month with “Love More”
- MedReleaf Reports Sales Increase 8% For Fiscal 2018
Cannabis Law Journal
- Editorial: Cannabis Law Journal: Issue 9 June 2018.
- Exceptional Corporate, Director, and Officer Liability under the Proposed federal Cannabis Act
- USA: Did the Federal Right to Try Act Just Legalize Medical Marijuana?
- California: 11 Easy Steps to Start a Cannabis Business Entity in California* Starting a New Cannabis Business Checklist
- Righting the Wrongs? Ganja Decriminalization and ‘Automatic’ Expungement of Criminal Records in Jamaica
- Understanding the Possession Rules in BC’s Cannabis Act
- Michigan: Politics Law & Cannabis Regulation
- Can Rastafarians and Small Farmers Secure Economic Enablement through the Current Legal Ganja Framework in Jamaica?
- WHAT EVERY CANNABIS STARTUP NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT STATE AND FEDERAL TRADEMARKS
- The California Cannabis Gauntlet – Death by a 150,000 Thousand Cuts
Cheap Home Grow
- Jahan Marcu: Learn About The Endocannabinoid System
- Aury Lor Holtzman MD: Talks About The Medicinal Benefits Of Cannabis
- Keith Stroup: NORML Founder | Talks About Home Grow and His History
- David Mangone: Americans For Safe Access Legal Counsel
- Atlas Plant Trainer: CEO Rob Smith – How To Dry and Cure Cannabis