MindMed is a leading $1B+ biotech, focusing on mental health. With breakthrough clinical research in psychedelic medicine and treatments, utilizing novel AI digital measures, we are turning our vision to help millions of people around the world into reality.
Founded in 2019 by JR Rahn and with a current team of 50, we are continuously expanding our presence throughout North America, central Europe and Australia and are constantly searching for high-impact individuals in various clinical, technological and business operations domains to strengthen our team.
As a member of the MindMed Legal Department, the Associate Corporate Counsel will draft, review and negotiate a wide array of contracts for and providing related advice and counsel. The level of counseling requires a deep understanding of life sciences, general business transactions and related legal issues, as well as outstanding drafting and negotiation skills. The role will have a direct impact on facilitating our science and research.
Job characteristics (You enjoy):
- Drafting, negotiating and bringing to execution clinical vendor agreements critical to Regeneron’s clinical development operations.
- Providing legal support for a wide variety of business transactions, including agreements for clinical research organization services, laboratory services and phase 1 clinical studies with clinical pharmacology units, master services agreements and clinical vendor agreements, covering services such as medical device supply, home healthcare, telemedicine, agreements for research collaborations, registry and outcomes studies, collaboration agreements, consulting agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Working collaboratively with other Legal Department team members.
- Advising internal clients on the company’s contracts policies and practices.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the department’s contract management system, including the development of new or improved templates and tools in the system to enhance the efficiency of the contracting process.
- Counseling client business teams on applicable legal risks and statutes.
You’ll excel in this role if you:
- Excel at advising clients regarding all aspects of contract law and related areas.
- Can prioritize and follow through on a high volume of client requests.
- Have a history of self-motivation and working independently on projects, while meeting aggressive deadlines and prioritizing multiple matters.
- Possess excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Can bring strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Can work effectively and professionally with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Requirements (You have):
- A BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials.
- Licensed to practice law or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including experience or familiarity with biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English including professional legal and business terminology, including significant presentation capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and external partners
- Strong focus on confidentiality and awareness around sensitive nature of the relevant information
- A can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work in a speedy environment