$105,500 – $133,319 a year
Full Job Description
Candidates must have been admitted to the New York State Bar and must have had four years of experience in the practice of law subsequent to admission to the Bar.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and represents the Office of Cannabis Management in litigation and administrative proceedings regarding challenges to the Cannabis Law and administrative decisions taken by the Office or Cannabis Control Board.
- Conduct legal research and prepares legal memoranda with opinions and citations and legal precedents in support of Office of Cannabis Management programs.
- Provide legal counsel, advice and strategies in presenting evidence and testimony at litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Conduct legal research and develop and drafts formal legal opinions responding to daily requests arising from interaction with OCM business units or as assigned by the First Deputy Counsel and General Counsel.
- Prepare legal opinions and memoranda for the Office on a variety of legal issues including interpreting the Cannabis Law rules and regulations.
- Conduct legal research and prepares legal memoranda with opinions and citations regarding the legality of actions taken by the Office of Cannabis Management and Cannabis Control Board.
- Participate and assist the Office of Cannabis Management in the design, development, negotiation and implementation of procurement contracts, Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) and Service-Level Agreements (SLA) for the Office.
- Participate and assist the Office of Cannabis Management in negotiating statewide, contracts with vendors, coordinating with the Office of the State Comptroller, Division of the Budget and the Attorney General’s office.
- Assist in the legal matters associated with contracts including preparation of Requests For Proposals (RFPs), related policies, procedures and guidelines, and the design and promulgation of standards for sole source and proprietary agreements, including negotiation protocols.
- Prepare OCM program bill packages as requested including bill summary, text of legislation and supporting memoranda relating to laws affecting the Office. Evaluate, comment and make recommendations on legislative proposals in this area by other agencies and the private sector.
- Prepare as necessary, rules and regulations in support of the Office’s business units including processing in accordance with the State Administrative Procedure Act.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
- Posted 1 day ago