Our firm is consistently ranked by Vault.com and the Best Places to Work group for our commitment to compensation, paid time off, work-life balance, culture and more. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open-door policy through one-on-one training, having partners readily available to work with and mentor our employees, and providing a structured career path through Partner level
- Strong learning & development opportunities including technical and soft skill trainings, both internally taught and externally taught by well-known instructors in the industry
- “Dress for Your Day” dress code- this allows our employees to plan their outfit around their work responsibilities for the day; jeans for the office, business casual when meeting a client, etc.
- Summer hours: condensed work week Monday through Thursday with an early close on Friday from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Costs related to continuing professional licenses
- Discounted gym memberships, wellness programs and a competitive benefits package
Tremendous opportunity to join a regional leader in continued growth as the primary support to the General Counsel. A chance to provide legal counsel and representation to the Company across a variety of disciplines, including commercial transactions, litigation, labor and employment and compliance. A true in-house experience working in all areas to identify legal issues and opportunities, assess risks, benefits and consequences and recommend appropriate courses of action to senior leadership. Ensure compliance with existing laws, build business, protect the Company’s assets and promote the Company’s goals, mission and values.
Successful candidate will have strong drafting skills and be able to assess and communicate risks effectively to a business client.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements, including, service provider contracts, engagement letters, leases, non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements, separation agreements, and restrictive covenants.
- Support consistent M&A activity in all phases of the transaction lifecycle.
- Lead updates and roll-outs of standardized agreement templates and legal processes.
- Conduct investigations and handle sensitive and confidential information with the appropriate discretion.
- Review pleadings and other litigation documents, conduct legal research, conduct and manage written discovery and document production, prepare files for hearings/trials/arbitration, respond to subpoenas and support collection activity.
- Liaise with outside counsel when appropriate to handle various legal functions.
- Counsel HR on employment related issues and manage entity level employment documents.
- Assist in development, roll-out and management of compliance programs.
- Support continual review of policies, procedures, guidelines and training.
- Supervise, train, develop and motivate junior attorney and interns.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and excellent academic background
- 3+ years of relevant experience with private law firm or corporate legal department (or a combination thereof)
- Licensed to practice law in NY
- Possess excellent writing, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements for clients
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize conflicting demands in a fast paced environment
- Ability to take independent and decisive action
- A team player with positive attitude; and a professional individual with high level of ethics and good legal and business judgment
About Our Firm
As the 57th largest accounting firm in the nation, Grassi is a leading provider of advisory, tax and accounting services to businesses and individuals. Grassi advisors specialize in providing industry-specific business consulting, audit, tax, and technology services to key market sectors, including construction, architecture and engineering, not-for-profit, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, financial services, real estate, cannabis and more. With offices in Jericho, NY; Ronkonkoma, NY; White Plains, NY; Park Ridge, NJ; Palm Beach, FL; and Needham, MA, the firm has the depth of knowledge and experience to work effectively alongside clients across the Northeast and throughout the United States, as well as internationally through its membership in Moore Global.
Grassi & Co.’s Company Culture
Here at Grassi we are dedicated to creating an environment for our team members that is positive, productive, and aligns with our company’s high standards of inclusivity, diversity, and equity. To uphold these standards, we work with closely with our DEI Council and Grassi Women’s Council to organize events throughout the year to bring the firm together for open dialogue and awareness of global diversity issues. In addition, we participate in group charitable initiatives that support organizations such as Ronald McDonald House, Toys for Tots, Autism Speaks, Long Island Cares and many of Grassi’s own nonprofit clients.