Small to mid-size full-service law firm with offices in Nevada and California looking for an Arizona associate or of-counsel attorney to help grow the firm’s presence in Arizona. The ideal candidate should have a medium-sized book of business, but candidates that may not have a book of business should not feel discouraged from applying and will also be considered. The firm’s focus is on all things business: formation, transactions, litigation, and everything in between. The firm has robust cannabis, tax, and estate planning practices as well. An ideal candidate may have the opportunity to bring forth the proposal of a new practice area for the partners to consider.
This position can be 100% remote if the attorney wishes. This is a perfect fit for any attorney wishing to practice law on their own but doesn’t want the burden of running or managing their own firm, or any attorney currently at a larger firm that wants to parachute to a smaller firm with increased flexibility and room for growth. Our firm believes that law firms don’t need to be stuffy and onerous.
Successful candidates will have experience representing clients with ordinary business transactions, governmental agency regulations, drafting litigation pleadings, and associated legal documents. All candidates must be a current member of the State Bar of Arizona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Assisting other attorneys with complex legal issues and reviewing the work of other attorneys as assigned
- Serving as the lead attorney, as assigned, which will include but is not limited to:
- Conducting research and drafting pleadings, briefs, and motions
- Attending court hearings on behalf of clients and arguing motions
- Strategizing, preparing for, and attending trial proceedings, mediation, and arbitration
- Drafting and reviewing transactional documents
- Supervising the Arizona department, including supervision of paralegal or assistant, when assigned
- Performing related duties, as assigned
- Possibility of spearheading their own practice within the firm’s discretion
- A current member of the State Bar of Arizona
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience of practicing in a private firm
- Experience in corporate formation, government and administrative regulation compliance, civil litigation, contracts, trust administration, and/or personal injury.
- Excellent organizational skills and diligence with deadlines
- Must have the ability to take the lead on matters, lead teams, work independently and collaboratively
- Prior experience independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending necessary next steps
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong legal and factual/investigative research skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accurate work product
- A commitment to excellence and a strong work ethic
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and possess intellectual curiosity
The firm offers:
- Pay negotiable and based upon experience. The firm is open to discuss many possible fee structures
- Health insurance after 90 days of continued employment
- 401(k) after 12 months of continued employment
- Paid vacation and sick time after continued employment
- Paid federal holidays
- In-office, remote, or hybrid opportunities provided. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To apply, please send a cover letter with your resume. If you meet our criteria mentioned above, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location