Interesting if unsurprising piece from honahlee Australia..
Patients often call their insurers and are immediately told that their insurance company doesn’t cover medical cannabis. Unfortunately, like many other aspects of cannabis, the customer service teams at many Australian health funds lack an understanding of the space.
In this article, we’ll answer all of the questions you have about medical cannabis coverage related to Medicare, the PBS and Private Health Insurance. We spoke with at least one customer service representative from each of the private health insurers in Australia to get you a definitive answer as to whether your insurer covers medical cannabis. Here’s what we’ll cover in this article:
- Does Medicare cover my cannabis doctors appointments?
- Does the PBS cover my medical cannabis or CBD oil?
- Does private insurance pay for medical cannabis or CBD oil?
- How to talk to your insurer about medical cannabis.
- A list of private insurers that cover medical cannabis (and the required level of cover)
Read full article at https://honahlee.com.au/articles/pbs-private-insurance-cannabis-australia/