LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare – and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink Financial is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to join our fast-growing team. In this role you will be responsible for developing LeafLink Financial’s network and relationships with the largest cannabis brands in the industry, setting a new standard on how the industry transacts. This role will allow you to build relationships with executive teams and strategize on ways LeafLink can improve and simplify their business operations. This role is highly collaborative, requires sales and relationship management expertise, a deep understanding of financial services, and an ability to apply LeafLink’s suite of marketplace and logistics services. This role will require you to interface directly with our executive team, client experience, sales, marketing, and engineering teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of developing relationships with the largest brands in the Cannabis industry
- Communicate LeafLink Financial’s various product and service offerings at the C-Level
- Directly responsible for maximizing the revenue potential of LeafLink Financial’s suite of products and services for each brand
- Understand market trends and competition within the FinTech and Cannabis spaces
- Ability to put together and analyze data to effectively strategize with C-Levels at cannabis brands and other LeafLink partners
- Create and recommend sales process and product/technology improvements
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or relationship management role working with middle market or enterprise level companies
- 3+ years working within financial services. Experience working in the FinTech industry is a plus
- 5+ years working in and meeting monthly forecasted KPIs
- Direct experience developing C-Level relationships
- Experience managing and prioritizing day-to-day activities around a pipeline of deals
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are the poster child for startup hustle: change is your only constant, no challenge is too big, and no task is too small
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- Organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce is a must
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.