BusinessCann, www.businesscann.com, is the leading destination for B2B news, analysis and associated developments for the European medical cannabis, hemp and CBD industries. It is read by investors, regulators and industry professionals, daily.
BusinessCann is on the lookout for a journalist/editor with business writing experience and, or, experience of the medical cannabis, hemp and CBD wellness industries to contribute to our fast-growing, on-line publication.
The cannabis industry is set to be this decade’s fastest-growing one as it rapidly leaves the prohibition era behind.
Clarity of thought and expression, precision and concision, strong interviewing skills, a genuine passion for the subject and the ability to deliver on time, with a nifty turn of phrase are key ingredients for this post.
- Providing interesting, written content on the industry for our B2B audience
- Interviewing senior business executives and industry players
- Undertaking research and analysis
- Keeping to tight deadlines
- Proofing and editing
- Compiling a weekly newsletter using an ESP (Mailchimp)
- Updating of website content using WordPress CMS
- Social media post scheduling and page management
- Attending events
- International business travel opportunities
- At least two years journalism experience with appropriate qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, a second European language would be helpful.
- Unencumbered availability to travel in the UK and internationally to attend conferences and events
- Experience in a similar role
ALL ABOUT YOU
- A highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability.
- Creative and forthcoming with new ideas and features.
- A skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex subjects
- Social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online.
- You are able to follow industry news and pick out what is and isn’t relevant.
- You’re a proactive, independent worker who is also comfortable working within a team to reach a common goal
- You have experience working in the cannabis and/or technology industry
LOCATION & SALARY
Home working. Patch; UK & Europe. Salary circa £25,000 pa
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com