City of Goleta
Goleta is in the process of reviewing amendments for land use ordinances pertaining to cannabis business. The City will soon be allowing the following licensed activities:
* Retail You can find more information on Goleta’s ordinances and licensing process on the City’s website.
City of Pomona
The City of Pomona will soon be accepting applications for adult and medicinal commercial cannabis businesses. The application process will consist of four phases:
Phase 1 – Application Submittal and Zoning Clearance
Phase 2 – Initial Scoring of Applications
Phase 3 – Public Presentations and Comment Meeting
Phase 4 – Final Ranking and Permit Issuance
The City has yet to verify the final types and numbers of licenses which will be issued. City officials will be meeting on March 18th to further review and amend proposed ordinances.
City of Los Angeles
The Los Angeles City Attorney has been instructed to draft an ordinance to begin accepting applications for Phase III licensing. The ordinance will initially address Tier 1 and Tier 2 social equity applicants.
* Social equity applicants will have to submit proof of their social equity status during a 60-day pre-application verification process prior to submitting a complete application.
* The City will initially approve 100 retail applications for Tier 1 and Tier 2 social equity applicants with 75% of the licenses reserved for Tier 1 candidates.
* The City will then approve another batch of 100 retail applications with no distinction between Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants.
* The City will launch a pilot program for stand alone Delivery services with more information to be released later Additional information can be accessed on the Department of Cannabis Regulations’ website.