The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Business Transformation Analyst to join our Strategy & Transformation team. The Business Analysts are part of the Business Transformation team that manages the ongoing analysis and optimization of OCS’s business processes to improve overall organization performance. The Business Transformation team orchestrates studies of customer, operational and performance data to identify process improvement & automation opportunities in alignment with the strategic goals of the company.
In this role, you will leverage your strong process improvement, analytical, and project management skills to drive operational process efficiencies that support our workforce in providing the highest value to our customers with every interaction. In addition, you will demonstrate your ability to interact and collaborate within our business unit and across OCS stakeholder groups to deliver process improvements that leverage our end-to-end teams and result in superior business and customer outcomes.
About Your Day
- Document current processes through participation in and/or facilitate brainstorming sessions or workshops with stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-functional working groups to improve business processes by studying current practices and proposing modifications, taking an end-to-end perspective with a focus on improved service and operational excellence, and increased client satisfaction
- Develop recommendations on process reengineering and standardization by evaluating efficiency improvements and quality of output
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and within quality targets
- Conducting presentations regarding assessment findings/recommendations, project status and current issues
- Ensure technology is implemented with the most efficient processes and minimal customization
- Visualize as-is and to-be business processes (process mapping) and process performance (process modeling)
- Utilize BPI methodologies including, but not limited to, lean, six sigma, systems thinking, design thinking, and customer journey mapping
- Support the planning and implementing of process improvement, operating model, optimization, and organizational design/integration initiatives
- Work closely with Systems Architect(s), Business Analysts, and Change Management team members to improve organizational efficiencies, with a combined focus on Process-Technology-People
- Identify and implement ways to measure and track productivity by assessing and defining process metrics
- Post-secondary education with a focus on any combination of Engineering, Business Analysis, Supply Chain, Logistics and/or combination of work experience and education
- 5+ years of business process improvement experience, with a continuous improvement background
- Must have business process management or business analysis experience
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, working with, and coordinating teams
- Ability to perform analysis and present information with clear conclusions and recommendations
- Possess a strong desire to “do things better” with a willingness to get involved at the base level to make that happen
- Knowledge of BPI and systems thinking methodologies is preferred (experience and/or education)
- Excellent analytical, customer focus, facilitation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.