Here’s the Press Release…..
COVID-19 UPDATE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
To our valued customers,
All PEI Cannabis retail stores will be opening with limited access on Friday, May 22nd. Store hours are 11:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Saturday and from 10:00am – 11:00am we will open our stores to allow seniors and other at-risk customers to shop.
We are very excited to have the privilege of serving our customers in our stores again. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and customers is our top priority as we continue to follow the lead of Canadian public health authorities. We are committed to providing a comfortable, safe retail experience at our locations, including our online storefront.
We have implemented various measures to ensure our store locations are as safe as possible for customers and staff. These measure include:
- Security presence at the exterior of the store to ensure customer queues are aligning with social distancing requirements as directed by the Chief Public Health Office.
- Restricting the number of customers who can be in stores at once to ensure social distancing in the retail area.
- Exterior markings and interior floor decals have been implemented to ensure a 2 metre distance is maintained.
- Reduction in the number of POS terminals active at once to ensure social distancing among PEICMC employees.
- Completing general screening to occur at reception to ensure compliance with self-isolation requirements directed by the Chief Public Health Office;
- Strongly advising customers to have a brief, “touch-free visit” in our stores, and to evaluate our online sales options as an alternative in the short-term;
- Stressing the importance of proper hygiene and cleanliness at all of our locations including substantially-enhanced sanitation protocols;
- The installation of Plexiglas barriers at reception and POS terminals;
- Temporarily eliminating Cash as an acceptable tender and encouraging tap payment wherever possible;
- Temporarily suspending customer returns;
- Encouraging employees that may be experiencing symptoms, or, have travelled off-island in the last 14 days to stay home and not come to work and to contact their health professionals immediately;
- Cancelling all business travel for PEICMC staff; and;
- Disseminating relevant information and updates to staff in all of our locations.
To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is experiencing related symptoms to delay their visit with us at this time so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
If you choose to wear a surgical mask as a preventative measure while in our stores, please be advised that our staff will need you to remove the mask upon entering our locations, otherwise we won’t be able to serve you.
PEI CANNABIS ONLINE STORE
The PEI Cannabis online storefront continues to operate. We have implemented several initiatives to ensure we are doing everything we can to make this as safe, convenient, and affordable as possible. The following measures are currently in place:
- In collaboration with our partners at Purolator, we are able to offer a touch-free delivery experience while still maintaining our commitment to keeping cannabis out of the hands of those under the age of 19;
- We have re-organized our e-commerce fulfillment centre and introduced incremental sanitation measures to achieve social distancing and a safe work environment for staff;
- We have adopted new online payment methods, including various forms of debit cards;
- Effective May 22nd, delivery fees will be reinstated; and
- We will continue to waive delivery fees for online orders over $100.
We encourage our customers to remain current on up-to-date information found here:
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to serving you