Are you looking for an exciting career in a thriving new industry that prides itself on innovation, professionalism, and collaboration? Here are Aphria inc. we are building one of the fastest growing and best cannabis companies in the World. Founded in 2014 we started with just 22,000 sq. feet of growing space, and have since grown to 2.2 Million. We believe that success is a joint-effort and our employees are our most valuable assets. Take your career to new heights with us and together we can continue to succeed! #WeHaveAGoodThingGrowing
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, this position will liaise with all departments to establish effective communication and coordination interdepartmentally on behalf of Research and Development located in Leamington ON. Coordinate with Regulatory and Quality Assurance on new product/raw ingredient approvals. Communicate with Procurement to obtain new product samples and to assist with new vendor and raw material qualification. Maintain inventory of cannabis and non-cannabis products on behalf of Research and Development. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Coordinate with Regulatory Assurance to assist with the execution of NNCPs.
- Communicate with Procurement and vendors to obtain critical materials as required for vendor/raw material qualification.
- Manage and maintain Research and Development’s cannabis and non-cannabis inventory through ERP system.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure all requirements are met as it relates to the Cannabis Act, Cannabis Regulations, and GPP requirements for new product innovations.
- Ensure adherence to Quality by Design for new products/processes.
- Coordinate with Quality Control as required for new product specifications and method development.
- Build well-written, comprehensive reports related to Quality and Regulatory Affairs for various projects as needed.
- Provide hands-on support for various projects as needed.
- Other duties and projects as required.
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or technical diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years practical experience an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing operations and GPP requirements
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Experience with ERP systems considered an asset
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, food and natural health product regulations
- Team oriented with superior communication and management skill
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Critical thinker
- Proficient with computers
- High work ethic standards a must
- HACCP/PCP experience is an asset
- Quality by Design experience is an asset
- Due to the nature of the business and working with controlled substances, all new employees will be required to complete a background check prior to starting work. This may include: verifying work references, validating all credentials and criminal record checks.
- It is a requirement that the selected Candidate be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer is presented.
Application Deadline: November 17th, 2020 at 4:30pm
- Work for one of the largest employers in Windsor-Essex County
- Be a part of the newest and fastest growing industry in Canada and the World
- Gain experience and be compensated with competitive salaries, bonus structure, career development opportunities and employer paid benefits
Internal Candidates: For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office or send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
COVID Statement: COVID-19 Considerations
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. The actions we have taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Include:
- installing temperature scanning at the entrance of the facility;
- increasing the number of lunch areas;
- more hand-washing stations have been made accessible;
- cleaning regimes increased;
- all appropriate PPE is being supplied to employees;
- social distancing is being monitored;
- end time and lunch hours have been adjusted to provide less foot traffic during busy hours.
We continue to assess and adapt as we find viable solutions to keep all employees protected while they are at work.
Application Deadline: 2020-11-17
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Research and Development Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Leamington, ON (Preferred)