Here’s what they are telling us
OTHER FEATURED POLICY & LEGAL SESSIONS
Cannabis and Trademarks: Strategies and Challenges for Protecting Your Brand
- Jonathan R. Wachs; Chair, Intellectual Property Group and Chair, Cannabis Law Group; Offit Kurman
- Steve Anderson, Director of Product Management, Trademark Solutions, Corsearch
Panelists will discuss the USPTO’s objections to register cannabis-related marks and the opportunities and challenges of building a portfolio or protectable industry-related marks. Don’t miss this important session to get a grasp on how to navigate the complicated world of cannabis trademarks!
Meeting the Challenges of an Unstable Regulatory Environment: Learning from Other High-Risk Industries
- Jodi Avergun, Former Chief of Staff, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Craig Wolf, President and CEO, Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America
- Steven Kemmerling, Founder & CEO, MRB Monitor
- Douglas Fischer, Chief Legal Officer, National Association of Cannabis Businesses
- John Hudak, Deputy Director of the Center for Effective Public Management, Brookings Institution
This session will feature a panel of acclaimed legal, government and financial experts who have devoted their careers to successfully navigating the most heavily regulated industries, including finance and other industries. We will discuss what these and newer industries, such as Daily Fantasy Sports and Cryptocurrency (bitcoin), have done to future-proof themselves when faced with similar circumstances to those facing the cannabis industry.