LeafLink is the unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2021’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare – and we’re just getting started!
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong attorney, reporting directly to the General Counsel, who will have responsibility for a wide range of legal matters in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment. The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with good business sense who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can contribute both as a lawyer and a businessperson to LeafLink’s growth.
- Partnering with LeafLink business executives to help articulate and drive company success through your contributions as an experienced lawyer
- Providing support on a variety of legal matters
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and interpreting a variety of transactional and commercial agreements with our customers, vendors and partners, including SaaS, technology, financial products and services, master services, data licensing, non-disclosure and general corporate
- Advising on the business terms of established commercial agreements
- Working with outside regulatory counsel to understand and support the regulatory regime in which LeafLink operates
- Maintaining LeafLink’s product and service terms and conditions, keeping up to date with new developments
- Supporting the General Counsel and management with a wide variety of special corporate, commercial and HR projects
- Driving the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes, organizational processes and document management
- Working on the creation, implementation and improvement of company-wide legal process and procedures
Who You Are
- Working collaboratively and maintaining excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work quickly and independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prior substantial experience in counseling companies with respect a broad array of commercial and regulatory legal matters
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and interpreting commercial and transaction agreements relating to SaaS, FinTech products and services, master services, data licensing, technology and general commercial transactions
- Regulatory experience preferred but not required
- Successful management of a diverse scope of matters, issues and project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the desire and ability to develop productive and collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders across LeafLink
- Prior experience in rapidly scaling organizations, including managing demanding timelines from multiple business stakeholders
- At least five years of relevant legal experience, including prior in-house experience
- Outstanding academic credentials
- New York Bar membership
- A top-tier law firm background
- Excellent judgment and communication and organizational skills
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.