Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Working in collaboration with another Contracts Manager and Procurement, this role is responsible for HEXO’s contract lifecycle management – reviewing, drafting and supporting negotiations of commercial and internal contracts for all business units. The Contracts Manager identifies and leads process improvements to streamline and increase efficiencies of the process.
- Maintain contract lifecycle management system, as required
- Review, draft and support negotiations of commercial and internal contracts for all business units
- Retain strong legal, regulatory and financial knowledge by interacting with and seeking guidance from senior colleagues
- Provide training and facilitate awareness to all relevant groups on corporate and financial contract matters
- Provide risk assessment, mitigation and recommendations for transactions (contract due diligence), contractual documents, and other agreements
- Develop, maintain and educate compliance monitoring of relevant policies, process and revenue recognition standards and guidelines
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading negotiations and drafting contract documents; experience with US contracting laws is required
- Proven experience in retail, pharmaceutical or similar industry; within Legal department an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or law clerk certification preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working under pressure with time sensitive projects
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.