Numinus Wellness Inc.
Position: Corporate Accountant
Status: Full Time Employee
Start Date: January 2021
Reports to: Controller
Location Address: 801- 33 Water Street, Vancouver, V6B 1R4
Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why we’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and transform the mental health landscape.
Since our public listing in May 2020, we have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of our company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
- Will have raised a total of approximately $25m by the of December 2020;
- Acquired MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
- Collaboration with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single arm open label trial;
- Signed agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
- Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus’ finance team is expanding to find a vision and mission aligned person to join the team as a Corporate Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the full-time position is a hands-on role that is responsible for ensuring the accounting operations of Numinus is providing accurate, timely and actionable financial information to the leadership team and other stakeholders to make fully informed business decisions.
- Assist Controller to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Supporting the fiscal year-end audit and statutory audits
- Assist in performing full cycle accounting functions for the parent company and its subsidiaries
- Perform reconciliation of various bank and GL accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of Intercompany accounts
- Complete GST/HST return filings
- Prepare payroll for subsidiaries
- Manage accounts payable, invoice, cheque payments and online EFT transactions
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies of the team and to assist or lead the implementation efforts of any changes
- Various ad hoc and special projects
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must be enrolled in the CPA program
- 3 years progressive accounting and finance experience preferably with publicly listed companies.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience with accounting software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt as well as maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will be required to set up an office in your home in order to carry out the accountabilities of your role. If necessary, Numinus will provide you with a laptop. Should you require other equipment for your role, you will work closely with the Controller.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.