Neptune Cannabis Company is a start-up cannabis brand seeking a Corporate Attorney to serve as our contracted General Counsel as we progress through our fundraising round and begin initial business operations.
The General Counsel will work closely with the executive team on an hourly/contract basis depending on the needs of the business at that present time. This is a great position for recent Law School graduates, as you will have the opportunity for full-time employment with Neptune Cannabis Company with a competitive salary and benefits within the next few months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact functionality of the business.
- Overseeing the legal matters of the business as a whole, including acting as the business’ legal representative.
- Maintaining knowledge of the company’s legal documents and operations.
- Crafting and reviewing legal strategy in response to any litigation.
- Keeping a record of all legal documents and proceedings for the company.
- Facilitating filings of licensing forms and other statutory requirements.
- Communicating with outside counsel.
- Legally filing for copyright of intellectual property.
- Take part in meetings, trials, depositions and other legal proceedings.
- Manage and lead the in-house legal department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Tech savvy – experience using electronic DocuSign agreements, scheduling Zoom calls, etc.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Motivated to research and remain informed regarding federal, state, city & county measures that could impact the business
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- California BAR Certified
Pay & Benefits
- $200/hr – Contract Pay
- Opportunity for full time employment with Neptune
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $150.00 – $300.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Do you have a Juris Doctor degree?
- CA BAR Certification (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19