Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $80.2K – $102K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Ann Arbor, MI.
Full Job Description
Who we are…
At C3 Industries our product is cannabis, but our most important asset is our people. We believe in hiring locally, offering competitive compensation packages, and giving our employees an opportunity to learn and grow. As a company, we are committed to being active corporate citizens who celebrate diversity and inclusion, and are proud to provide employment opportunities to women, people of color, and local community members.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Company Paid Holidays
- Company Swag
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to own oversee all national cannabis licensing and regulatory affairs, work closely with our General Counsel on real estate, corporate transactions, and corporate governance, and play a critical role in supporting M&A and other strategic growth initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Independently oversee all aspects of cannabis regulatory matters and licensing applications, including applications for new licenses, state and local license renewals, licensing compliance matters, and other regulatory filings including, without limitation, changes of ownership and control, requests to change facility operations or layout, facility relocations, and requests to deviate from existing license application commitments.
- Draft RFP materials and help coordinate state and local application processes for new rounds of medical and adult-use cannabis license issuances.
- Implement and oversee processes for project management and work flow tracking.
- Support General Counsel and CEO in seeking land use, zoning, entitlement and other local approvals for new assets.
- Assist with corporate strategy and provide regulatory analysis for M&A in current and target markets.
- Serve as a resource to clarify, monitor, and research regulatory requirements for licensing matters nationally.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including licensure and regulatory compliance, and compliance with leases and financing arrangements.
- Work closely with compliance and operational stakeholders to implement regulatory changes into standard operation procedures and general business objects.
- Monitor changes to cannabis laws, regulations, and industry guidance in various state and municipalities.
- Assist with the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of complex contractual agreements in a variety of transactions, including, without limitation, mergers & acquisitions, real estate, corporate finance, supply agreements, and intellectual property and brand licensing agreements.
- Manage responses to government investigations, regulatory disciplinary complaints, administrative appeals, and other legal proceedings.
- Prepare and file legal and regulatory documents, including state/local license renewals, land use and zoning materials, local business permits, and tax registrations, with support from paralegal and compliance teams.
- Work with outside counsel to manage corporate transactions, litigation, regulatory, and other legal matters.
- Support legal colleagues on a variety of corporate matters, including management of insurance portfolio, vendor and supplier contracts, property claims, corporate policies, M&A, and other corporate transactions.
- Manage and review real estate documents (purchase agreements, leases and amendments, loan and security documents, etc.)
- Assist with managing relationships with landlords, contractors, tenants/subtenants, transaction counterparts, and other partners.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate required.
- 4+ years legal experience, either in a law firm setting or in house role (experience in corporate law and regulatory affairs preferred).
- Specific experience in the cannabis industry is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, time and project management, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, process oriented, and detail oriented.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and flexible to daily changes.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you’re interested in being part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you!
C3 Industries is led by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team of cannabis cultivation and processing experts. We produce and sell the highest quality cannabis flower and extracted products (Cloud Cover Cannabis) at our state-of-the-art facilities and retail storefronts (High Profile Cannabis Shop) throughout Michigan, Missouri, and Massachusetts, and Oregon. Learn more at www.C3Industries.com (http://www.c3industries.com/).
- Posted 6 days ago