Green Thumb is excited to announce an opportunity for a Corporate Counsel position to be focused on further expansion of Green Thumb’s cannabis businesses through Commercial transactions. The position requires an accomplished transaction-based attorney with a distinguished professional record and a strong business orientation. This role will provide legal support for all of Green Thumb’s medical and adult use cannabis businesses across 12 U.S. markets as well as the Company’s headquarters and back office functions. The successful candidate will (i) identify, evaluate, manage and mitigate the company’s risk, (ii) be responsible for advising the Green Thumb management team and (iii) coordinate with outside counsel to negotiate, document and close commercial contracts, intellectual property licensing agreements and other strategic commercial transactions of the business.
- Draft and negotiate transactional documents such as vendor contracts, supply agreements, intellectual property agreements, brand licensing arrangements, marketing agreements, NDAs, and LOIs.
- Develop form documents and processes to increase in-house efficiencies.
- Manage and oversee compliance with all dates and deadlines in our commercial documents.
- Ensure that commercial documents are consistent and protective of Green Thumb.
- Coordinate with other members of the legal department and wholesale and retail business leads.
- Manage outside counsel to ensure high-quality legal services in a fair economic value for Green Thumb.
- Exceptional academic record and Juris Doctorate degree; pertinent law firm experience is ideal but not required if the candidate has pertinent in-house experience.
- Licensed to practice law in IL or eligible for admission pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court Rule 716.
- 3-5 years of general corporate and transactional legal experience with an emphasis on commercial contracts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Team player who is proactive, a self-starter, and ready to roll up their sleeves and dig into the work.
- Strategic, detail oriented and self-motivated to provide high quality and timely work product in a fast-paced, complex, and highly regulated environment.
- Strong ability to grasp legal issues quickly, exhibit strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills, exercise sound judgment and provide practical and constructive legal advice.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards; personal and professional integrity beyond reproach; unquestioned discretion in maintaining confidentiality.
- Technologically savvy and want to know more about technology and the law and are willing to identify and adopt new technologies that will help the legal department increase efficiency and accountability.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb.
- Must have or be willing to quickly develop a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry