Do you have a corporate legal background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the cannabis industry? If so, then this role is for you.
Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
This position is CA or CO-based, but you must have CA legal experience.
- Lead and support Eaze’s corporate legal activities, including equity financings, M&A, acqui-hires, and strategic partnerships.
- Assist in all other aspects of Eaze’s corporate work, including corporate governance, IP, employment, internal policy and controls, privacy, and data protection.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements, including partnership, licensing, vendor, marketing, and consulting agreements, terms of service, NDAs, and more.
- Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently, with a team-oriented approach.
- Supervise outside counsel and vendors in a variety of corporate projects.
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on various legal matters.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of relevant corporate and commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company.
- Expertise in leading corporate deals, including equity and debt financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Exposure to and/or a strong desire to take on transactional commercial work and broaden that skill set over time.
- J.D. with excellent credentials; Admission to the bar (CA preferred).
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues and escalating to the team when necessary.
- Outstanding writing, research, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to review and draft legal documents.
- Excellent negotiating skills on both financial/commercial and legal issues.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
- Agility to work cross-functionally to implement legal strategy and solutions.
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others.