We run an internet law/consulting firm in the cannabis industry. We are looking for a great young lawyer to help us manage the firm more effectively.
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Cannabis Industry Lawyer & Cannabis Legalization News are some of the most trusted brands in cannabis with a large audience: tens of thousands of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Cannabis Industry Lawyer & Cannabis Legalization News, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis law and consulting firm.
Compliance, education, and innovation are equal parts of Cannabis Industry Lawyer & Cannabis Legalization News’ DNA, which is why they are the lead marketing arms of our law and consulting firm, Collateral Base. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to social equity applicants, and the everyday consumer, by building the world’s content library for everyone to discover, find and obtain help in getting a license for their cannabis business and help with its very complex operations.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Collateral Base is the place for you. A career at Collateral Base, combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation.
Collateral Base’s salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a small team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better through a plant and social justice.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Collateral Base is looking for a Corporate lawyer to help support our Legal team, particularly in the coordination of all phases of cannabis company compliance from application to operations. If you thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and are passionate about implementing change, good processes and procedures in a commercial setting at one of the world’s fastest growing online companies.
- Litigation for business issues companies face, including shareholder disputes.
- Regulatory Analysis and compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for company meetings.
- Draft contracts for operating cannabis corporate organizations.
- Assist in marketing efforts including trade shows, social media posts including videos and blog posts.
- Assist with all business operations for consulting and legal matters.
- Provide general support to the legal department and assist with special projects as needed.
- JD degree and at least some experience in corporate and compliance matters are required.
- 2-5 years experience
- deep knowledge of cannabis law and regulations.
- Strong experience with transactional matters.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist the team in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus Google Platform and presentation software.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working directly with stakeholders inside and outside the legal function.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research, read and understand basic rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, while performing as a team player.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We require a qualification assessment before employment. The position requires a three month temporary trial to establish whether the position is the right fight for the parties.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Doctorate (Required)
- G-mail/google workspaces: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Peoria, IL 61602