Burb is bringing the rich culture of BC Bud to the world through our brand portfolio of iconic collaborations and design-forward retail experiences. With a network of retail stores, a cut/sew apparel line and a weekly podcast hosted by cultural icon, David Hershkovits (founder of papermag.com), we’re looking for driven and passionate people to join our team as we continue to expand our retail footprint and set the bar for cannabis brands across the globe.
Reporting directly to the Head of Digital & Ecommerce with a dotted line to the marketing team, the Digital Content Specialist is a new role to our growing team. The ideal candidate is a data-driven content specialist with a passion for storytelling and a gift for copywriting. You will play an integral role in planning, refining, producing/writing and analyzing the content we create across all of our digital and e-commerce channels, including but not limited to email, website and product.
The right person for this role is passionate about culture and prides themselves on staying on top of the latest content strategies and trends. You are full of ideas that will ensure audience engagement, content optimization, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience, positioning Burb as a leader in local and global cannabis retail. We are in a phase of rapid growth, and the successful candidate for this exciting role will have the opportunity to evolve and grow as we do.
As the Digital Content Specialist, you will:
- Master the Burb brand voice, style and messaging, ensuring they are consistent across all digital touchpoints
- Write engaging, SEO-rich content across all digital channels, including but not limited to:
- Landing pages
- Blog posts
- Product pages
- Meta Tags and Descriptions
- You will work cross-functionally to research, analyze, develop and launch compelling content using a variety of platforms including shopburb.com and lightculture.ca.
- Online reputation management: Respond to customer reviews and manage customer relationships via email, and online review platforms. Review and report customer feedback with the Marketing and Retail teams
- Manage and maintain the Burb blog (launching 2021), sourcing new opportunities to optimize and enhance SEO, discoverability and user experience
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Marketing teams to create content for email and SMS – from content writing, execution, personalization, flows, and reporting
- Track and report on content effectiveness across all channels and the impact on audience growth, engagement, and sales
- Stay on top of changing media trends, best practices, new technologies, tools and applications to drive content creativity and engagement
- Work with the Head of Marketing to build and maintain a cohesive content calendar
- Assist in any other relevant tasks related to content creation and communications as required
WHO ARE YOU?
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle your daily responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Understand the Burb brand and what it means to be a cultural distributor
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills with the ability to adjust tone and voice to match customer
- Operate with a high degree of integrity and sense of urgency
- Strong understanding of SEO and what it takes to create best in class online content
- A detail-oriented team player who is organized but flexible enough to get things done.
- Powerful work ethic and excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Naturally curious and enthusiastic about joining a fast-paced, high-growth team
- Above all – you are inclusive, genuine and engaging in all interactions
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in e-commerce, marketing or related field or a combination of work experience and formal education
- Experience writing for digital & social platforms
- Experience in email marketing, SEO strategy and web traffic metric reporting
- Experience with Shopify and WordPress is an asset
- All employees are required to complete their BC Workers Qualification Security Verification and Selling It Right Certificate
Please submit your resume and cover letter with your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- e-commerce and digital: 1 year (Preferred)
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)