With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, the Director, Innovation Acceleration will be responsible for partnering closely with other Innovation leaders, as well as Product, Insights, Commercial, and Operations leaders, to set the strategic plan and new product roadmap for Canopy Growth Corporation, and determine new opportunities within and outside of the company. If you have the skills to develop a comprehensive, consumer-centric, and profitable product portfolio in an up-and-coming industry, we want to hear from you!
- Identify and develop new breakthrough growth platforms and ideas for the company
- Serve as a technology scout for the company, partnering with Corporate Development to evaluate potential partnerships and acquisitions
- Provide forward thinking idea generation and futurist expertise to internal Innovation teams and senior leaders across the organization
- Integrate and deploy the skills and capabilities across Innovation stacks to facilitate in creating the future of cannabis for consumers – foster strong collaboration between Innovation departments, and across other functional areas
- Work effectively in cross-functional project teams, facilitating positive energy/engagement and helping elevate the capabilities of others
- Shepherd products through the Stage Gate process, including leading our early stage innovation and ideation processes
- Provide project management support across Innovation departments
- Link with Operations, Product teams, Insights, and Commercial teams throughout the product development process to ensure Innovation teams deliver consumer insights-driven, research-validated, commercially viable innovations that generate significant revenue
- Manage internal processes (documentation, reporting, and analysis) to improve delivery of innovations
- Work across Innovation departments to communicate our research and development initiatives to a broad range of internal and external parties in a simple and meaningful way
- Deliver actionable insights to Innovation Leadership
- Establish an accountability-driven culture
- Serve as a senior leader within the matrix structure to enable efficient and effective collaboration and set the tone for how the broader organization operates
- Bring clarity to ambiguous business issues using a structured, hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach
- Provide thought leadership through hard-hitting, high quality data analysis and research
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of work experience in product development or technology management
- 7+ years of direct people management, capability development, and change leadership
- Understanding of the cannabis category, and the underlying scientific and production capabilities
- Proven history of taking new products to market particularly in CPG categories such as Beverage, Food, Natural Health Products, Beauty, or similar industries
- Previous Innovation experience including technical implementation, communication, and navigating organizations through change
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry: extensive knowledge of project governance frameworks and best practices; clear understanding of regulatory frameworks
- Ability to execute on accountabilities, personal leadership, and customer focus
- Must have the proven ability to organize and prioritize work for efficient operations
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to expresses self clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; document issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; assess options cross-functionally and articulate well-reasoned recommendations for leadership endorsement; adjust style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Superior communication, leadership and teamworking skills
This is a full-time role based out of Chicago, IL, New York, NY or Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.