Our client, a vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities is looking for a Director of Compliance Operations on the East Coast of the US. This position is responsible for being the guru of compliance and manage a team of compliance managers at manufacturing and cultivation sites throughout the East coast. Position is based out of Philadelphia, PA; Somerville, NJ; Baltimore, MD; or Boston, MA
- Develops internal audit procedures for all business entities in various states and localities on the East coast.
- Conducts regular, random internal audits of facility operations and prepares written reports to senior management.
- Creates and implements standard operating procedures(SOP), internal processes, and compliance training for cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution centers.
- Assists with remedial action to address gaps in facility operational compliance and mitigate future risks.
- Helps prepare for facility inspections, government regulatory investigations, and external audits.
- Reviews government investigation findings and mitigates with preparing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Ensures proper tracking and tracing of inventory and waste through various seed-to-sale software programs (MJ Freeway, BioTrack, METRC).
- Drafts official communications and assists with responses to government agencies and other regulatory bodies.
- Reviews and approves packaging and labeling designs for cultivated and manufactured products.
- Partners with operational leads to ensure recordkeeping and security requirements are met at every facility.
- Keep an eye on changes to cannabis laws, regulations, and industry guidance in various states and municipalities.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Legal or another related field is required
- 10+ years experience as a regulatory compliance leader in a highly regulated industry, with specific experience in cannabis cultivation/manufacturing operations.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of time.
- Experience with implementing and using MJ Freeway, BioTrack, METRC.
- Experience in a Manufacturing/CPG setting
COMPENSATION: $110,000 $125,000 with benefits
TRAVEL 50% of the time.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100