Full Job Description
Job Title: Director of Legislative Affairs
FLSA Class: Exempt
Last Updated: 02/2021
WHO WE ARE
We’re real growers and real cannabis lovers who are committed to staying on the cutting edge of cultivation when it comes to producing carefully bred, quality flower. By combining our 15 years of experience with new learnings, research and advancements, we’re able to ensure we always meet the demands of those who choose quality over hype.We have developed world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of agriculture.
Our organization is seeking an outgoing and passionate Director of Legislative Affairs. This role will proactively develop relationships with all relevant local, state, and federal stakeholders in order to share the organizations ability to accomplish its business goals. This individual will be responsible for identifying trends that will shape public policy discourse and create and implement a strategy to promote our interests in response to those trends as well as translate policy implications in support of the legal team. This individual will also provide overall strategic direction by analyzing public policy proposals for their impact on the organization and its stakeholders and recommending engagement if required.
- Proactively research policies to see what changes advantageous, and which trends could be might negatively impact the company in the future.
- Provide operational support to all legislative processes and ensure compliance to public policies and objectives.
- Perform research and analyze various regulations at Federal, State, and Local levels.
- Prepare summaries and analyze various legislations and materials obtained from elevated officials and regulatory members.
- Participate in various trade associations and evaluate all legislative regulations.
- In charge of tracking what is happening within the government that could affect the company.
- Conducting both internal and external communications
- Manage internal and external communication and contact various media outlets.
- Serve as a point of contact for the media when necessary
- Represent the organization at industry forums and events.
- Externally work with government officials and advocacy groups to convey legislative goals.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Computer literacy required
- Must have good written, research, communication, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of legislative reporting and campaign helpful.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, public. Business administration, communications, law, or other closely related field. A Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Desired Experience: Three to Five (3-5) years of management and leadership experience representing the interests of an organization or public entity to legislators and government regulators. The ideal candidate would have experience that includes developing analyzing, and tracking legislation; overseeing legislative strategy and advocating positions; and working with multiple governmental agencies at the federal, state, and local level to develop policies and procedures and coordinate programs and legislative activities. Candidates should possess senior-level legislative affairs. Experience, preferably with a complex and multi-faceted Agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place