Cultiva Law - Los AngelesFeatured
Each lawyer at Cultiva Law has followed a calling to step away from the long-established areas of business law to help lay the legal foundation of the cannabis industry.
We provided strategic legal counsel that contributed to the legalization of medical cannabis and protections for those who provide and use it.
We were also active participants in developing the policies and legal structures that created the thriving adult-use cannabis markets.
- Marijuana Arrests Still Disproportionately Affecting Hispanics, Blacks
Broad legalization of marijuana in 2018 has brought many changes to the marijuana industry along with the criminal justice system’s treatment of the […]
- California Enforces Tax Warrants Against Marijuana Businesses
Despite legalization in 2017, California is currently entrenched in an ongoing war with the illicit cannabis market. To that end, the state’s central tax […]
- Reevaluating National Marijuana Regulation
As of today, 26 states allow recreational or medical use of marijuana. For the last 10 years, the U.S. has seen a steady increase of states enacting […]
- OSU To Study Hemp Strains, Grow Methods
Oregon State University has committed to conducting a study of the now legal and increasingly popular crop known as hemp. The study, which will be conducted […]
- Marijuana Policy Reform Legislation In 2020
2020 has been a challenging year for most as we all adapt to the changes in our daily lives. Fortunately, 2020 has also brought good news in respect to changes […]
- Oregon Breaks Marijuana Sales Record In April
Since it became legal in Oregon to purchase marijuana at a dispensary in October 2015, this past April’s marijuana sales set a record with a reported $89 […]
- Every Cannabis Dispensary Is An Essential Business
The great coronavirus pandemic of 2020 has made it, literally, official: America, from coast to coast, has embraced cannabis. Of the 47 states that have […]
- Puff, Puff, Passage of New California Bill Could Alleviate Black Market Boom by Targeting Landowners
One of the most frustrating issues, if not the most frustrating issue, facing the legal Californian commercial cannabis market today? The thriving black […]